Community Crunch 302: Introducing Desmodus, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

This week we are excited to share the concept and dossier for Desmodus, the winner of the second Community Creature Vote! We introduced RCV (Ranked Choice Voting) in the most recent round of community voting and saw Desmodus win (39,781 votes) vs. Carcharodontosaurus (24,419 votes) in the 9th and final round!

In other ARK news, we're starting the weekend off with an EVO event and Love Evolved starts next week.  Check out the Love Evolved event details here!

i8ntroducingdesmodus.png

Ark_Creatures_ Fjordur_Desmodus 1920x1080.jpg

Download in high resolution

desmodus.png

Common Name: Desmodus
Species: Desmodus draculae
Time: Pleistocene
Diet: Sanguivore
Temperament: Aggressive

wild_pu.png
Even with all the other monstrosities around here, this fugitive from a Creature Double Feature deserves top billing. I mean, Dracula's right there in its species name! And Desmodus has a shriek that'll scare just about anything out of its way. It's also shrewd enough to limit itself to victims that it can carry off into the night.

Although I'm not superstitious enough to advise stocking up on garlic and stakes before you decide to track down Desmodus for yourself, I'd still advise you to hunt these horrors out in the light and away from their caves – they seem uniquely adept at flying and hiding in those dark, narrow spaces.

domesticated_pu.png

Taming one of these beasties lets you add its eerie abilities to your arsenal. Use their unsettling scream to scatter your enemies. Command Desmodus to snatch up small prey for you. Let its uncanny power to vanish into darkness become your personal stealth mode.

Desmodus has blood thinner in its saliva, which drains prey of more blood than this vampire could ever digest. If you can stomach the excess blood and drained meat your vampire pet leaves behind, you might be open-minded enough to appreciate another of its unholy gifts: a 'sanguine elixir' that helps enthrall the most stubborn beasts.

Desmodus_v2.jpg

Desmodus will land on ARK with the upcoming free DLC map, Fjordur!

evoevent_re.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There is an ARK: EVO Event active on all platforms from now through February 7th, with the following EVO perks:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval
  • Classic: 6x XP, 6x Harvesting, 6x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval

communitycorner_WW.png

clipsvideos_le.png

Creator: spoonkid

There's nothing more special than seeing someone's first ARK experience.  Watch spoonkid take on The Island!

Creator: Xavii

Xavii just started a new PvP series on Genesis and ends up in a solo raid on Day 1!

fanart_le.png

Ao Yue Toucanfishh

ao_yue_by_toucanfishh_dez64vy-fullview.jpg

ARK Aberration drawing Saprom

download (37).jpg

Untitled CrowMother#0491

Untitled_Artwork.jpg

alpha fire wyvern - arcticthefoxwing

download (38).jpg

Megalosaurus @NeoVanilluxe

FKj5rFKXwAMfGbx.jpg

My Dunkleosteus David Gerald.#4819

IMG_5206.jpg

screenshots_le.png

lordLKkamikaze (Render/Remodel)

ark_raptor_by_lordlkkamikaze_dezcao9-fullview.jpg

KS9#4211

63800592-6d89-4f53-8d9e-ad919a2a8df5.jpg

otherart_pu.png

@zorafoxx (Clay Sculpture)

FKiSUcXXEAEg05g.jpg

Have a great weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

• Like 2

I Hate Both the Bat and Carchar for Two Reasons: the Bat cause the Vote was Rigged and the Fact that Carcharadontosaurus is Added For Free for No Reason and No Justice is Given for the Poor Giant Bison or the Other Creative Votes for Fjordur.

I Wish/Hope that Wildcard would Look at the Creatures that Weren't in the Top 10 of the Two Voting Submissions and Look at the Unique Traits They Would've Brought into the Game for Roleplaying or Adventuring like the Myotragus or the Giant Amoeba. PVE Players Need More Utility Tames that are Not Gimmicks in PVP.

• Facepalm 4

15 minutes ago, kaprosuchus93 said:

I Wish/Hope that Wildcard would Look at the Creatures that Weren't in the Top 10 of the Two Voting Submissions and Look at the Unique Traits They Would've Brought into the Game for Roleplaying or Adventuring like the Myotragus or the Giant Amoeba. 

That´s totaly missing the point of a voting....

• Thanks 1

So does this mean that this will be able to drain blood from small creatures and create vials of blood? Maybe they could be healing potions that are slightly worse than medical brews or another purpose? Maybe they could be a better replacement for a better/less tedious Bloodstalker taming food? (Yes I know you'd need to transfer them).

Edited by Nebilim
Typos.

51 minutes ago, kaprosuchus93 said:

I Hate Both the Bat and Carchar for Two Reasons: the Bat cause the Vote was Rigged and the Fact that Carcharadontosaurus is Added For Free for No Reason and No Justice is Given for the Poor Giant Bison or the Other Creative Votes for Fjordur.

I Wish/Hope that Wildcard would Look at the Creatures that Weren't in the Top 10 of the Two Voting Submissions and Look at the Unique Traits They Would've Brought into the Game for Roleplaying or Adventuring like the Myotragus or the Giant Amoeba. PVE Players Need More Utility Tames that are Not Gimmicks in PVP.

How was the vote rigged. Please stop spreading nonesense. 

the reason the bat won is because it’s unique and special, while the other options were nice too the bat is definitely a unique edition to the game.

i’m sorry but why would people want a bison? Out of all the unique choices that actually offers something new, you want a bison which literally adds nothing new to the game? In my opinion the bison was the least unique option on the list. It charges forward, ok cool rhino can do same thing, it can harvest things ok cool once again so can other tames. 

Oh it helps with breeding? Maewing and couple other tames already do that and incubator exists nowadays. 

what exactly does the bison offer that would actually be new and beneficial? Nada that’s why it lost. 

the other dino that won, won out of pity because the last few dino votes it always came close to the top but never quite 1st place. It’s as simple as that. 

i’m not saying the bison wouldn’t be a nice addition to the game i just find literally all the other choices to be way more unique and actually bring something new to the game. 

i run a cluster and i personally know at least 100 people voted for the bat just from my cluster, the numbers are legit. 

• Like 1

I hope Desmodus wont be a flying Megalo which u can only use at night,people only use megalos on aberration because they are always awake

Well imo it should be buffed at night (stamina,damage - just like the spino water buff) sou can still use it and ppl might use them at PVP depending on its skills,if not they will be PVE only