Constant Static/Sizzling sound on SP Extinction?

AerinSavago

Okay, I have begun a mission to find the source of this sound, and how to prevent it from existing - it's making my SP Extinction game impossible to deal with. I do not like having to listen to bacon sizzling into my ear at 120 decibels. Nor do I like playing with a silent dead game that I get if I turn the sound effects off.

I've done some research, and found that it might be related to the damage the corrupted do to the OSDs, or I've been told that it's likely dinos spawning outside the killzone... and for some reason, on singleplayer, that particular sound blankets the map no matter where the offending dino/OSD or whatever is. I hear it everywhere. 

Clues: it stops the second I do a dinowipe (but it starts up again very shortly after), and when I have setcheatplayer on, my Active Sounds count jumps up by one to several when the sound triggers. 

What would solve my problem the quickest, is to find a way to get the console to tell me what sounds are currently active, and not just how many. If anyone knows how to do that, I would be extremely grateful.

If anyone's ever come across this issue and solved it, please, please, please let me know!

(I do run my game with -preventhibernation, if that might have anything to do with it.)

Archived