Breeding help

itachi11115

I'm new to breeding in this game. I honestly don't have the time or patience for how long it sounds like it takes to breed for the best stats, mutations, etc. So I've been manipulating settings to make it quicker. My question is, does increasing the wild dino stats per level help to get the best stats into the bloodline? Like, if I multiply attack, stamina and melee by 5 for wild dinos, will I automatically find one that will be good breeding stock?

7 hours ago, itachi11115 said:

I'm new to breeding in this game. I honestly don't have the time or patience for how long it sounds like it takes to breed for the best stats, mutations, etc. So I've been manipulating settings to make it quicker. My question is, does increasing the wild dino stats per level help to get the best stats into the bloodline? Like, if I multiply attack, stamina and melee by 5 for wild dinos, will I automatically find one that will be good breeding stock?

This will instantly give you a super powered wild dino, yes the stats will transfer if you breed it, but at the same time you might as well just spawn in a super rex and just be done with it. =/

Honestly tho, you might just wanna adjust your breeding and maturity times......You don't "have" to breed for mutations, but if you want to think about doing it later, this will help. Took me only a week or two to get a lvl 135 giga to the point in time where I could defend a purple drop on extinction solo.
But I was also able to raise rex's in ten minutes with full imprint as well......I forgot the settings tho. x.x I could try and tinker around with it again to figure it out again.

7 hours ago, wizard03 said:

This will instantly give you a super powered wild dino, yes the stats will transfer if you breed it, but at the same time you might as well just spawn in a super rex and just be done with it. =/

Honestly tho, you might just wanna adjust your breeding and maturity times......You don't "have" to breed for mutations, but if you want to think about doing it later, this will help. Took me only a week or two to get a lvl 135 giga to the point in time where I could defend a purple drop on extinction solo.
But I was also able to raise rex's in ten minutes with full imprint as well......I forgot the settings tho. x.x I could try and tinker around with it again to figure it out again.

See I don't even have the patience to spend a week doing that lmao I don't want this game to turn into some tedious BS where I'm doing the same thing nonstop. I barely have the patience to do it on pokemon, where it's a lot easier. Honestly, I mostly just want a decent snow owl with some cool colors. How long does that take?

3 minutes ago, itachi11115 said:

See I don't even have the patience to spend a week doing that lmao I don't want this game to turn into some tedious BS where I'm doing the same thing nonstop. I barely have the patience to do it on pokemon, where it's a lot easier. Honestly, I mostly just want a decent snow owl with some cool colors. How long does that take?

You got 3 options.....tame up a high level during an event, tame any level up during the event and do a simple breed job with one you already got that was a high level, or 3 spawn one in.....If your on console, you might give up before you actually get what you want to get spawned in. x.x
The amount of time to breed a nice color with a high level shouldn't take too long. Perhaps a day, but thats if you get lucky with the RNG

Ill see if I can do a video tomarrow of maturity adjustments vs leveling up adjustments, but in the end, if you move the sliders just a tiny bit, it effects the game massively in the end. But if your looking to skip over the mutations and whatnot, I suspect your best bet would to adjust the sliders a tiny bit. =/

16 hours ago, itachi11115 said:

adjusting sliders will make the points spent scale way higher than vanilla settings.  This sort of erases the need to mutate heavily.  ALso raising the difficulty to get higher level spawning animals will also increase the wild stats you can tame.   That is a much faster way to higher stats than keeping things vanilla and taming everything you see to find the one w/ one decent stat.

Archived