I'm spending way too much time writing fan fiction for this game

ArkWriter

Hello Ark Forum,

I joined a few weeks ago because, well, I play A LOT of Ark. I've run a small unofficial server the past couple years for some good friends of mine. Last year I played Ragnarok, and liked it so much (and was so disgruntled over the lack of lore) that I wrote an entire novel about it - protagonists, antagonists, character development, the works. I've been posting the novel in the creative chat, HERE:

I post a couple chapters each week. So far I've posted about 30,000 words... we're about half way through. If you like adventure/sci-fi novels, check it out. Let me know if it's any good. The dream is to get a novel of mine published... Assuming it's good, I'd love to just write for Studio Wildcard and work on fleshing out a novelized expanded universe. It would be a lot easier to get published not writing about other people's IP, but I can't help it. I really love Ark and feel like there's so many places you can branch off from, using the current lore as a foundation.

Anyway, rambling over now. Thanks for reading!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, we need more Fan Fiction Writers for Ark.

Granted, Ragnarok has no in game story. It has been designed to role play, you make up your own story.  I have done two diverse stories that feature the Ragnarok Map.  They are "Ragnarok Adventure" and "What Ever Happened to Training Flight 19." Both are in the Creative Chat forum. Training Flight 19 is 139,719 words alone. Ragnarok Adventure, a much shorter story about a research dig on an unusual Viking settlement, is over 50,000 words.

Keep at it. Your Sunny is a most interesting creature on that Ark.

Posting pics is not working for external links any more and file size is extremely restricted here.

Sunny.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That is cool,   I like taking the lore and coming up with a Back story and who my character is/was even if it limits me a bit.   Take Thomas MacMoragh.  He was born on the Isle of Skye in 1859,  Joined the Royal Army (or Marines not sure which) when he was 16,  and fought the Colonial wars of the time  after leaving the army he became a mercenary,large game hunter, and explorer,  and had been to every continent but Antarctica. he is most conferrable with tools and tech form his time.    Love that I have a pith helmet skin,  can you really see tom wearing any thing else?  Not sure if I should dye his top the slandered army red or the Green of Skimmer units, as he just Predates the khakis Though we would have likely been alive to see them,  or do you think that would be something he left behind with the army.    I have thought about maybe doing an explores Journal maybe post it on here,  he is educated, at least to the point that he is literate.  The only thing stopping me is I am not sure I can get his Voice right. 

You can never spend too much time writing role playing stories for the various maps of Ark. The number of views is a good indication on the popularity of a post. This is a snipped from The Stargate Adventure which follows much of the game but  with a twist of entering into an alternate world through a portal.

As they continue to inspect the interior of the temple and unpack their supplies, everyone’s thoughts are interrupted by a deep sounding painful moaning sound they hear coming from the far end of the room. It sounds like a cry for help in some ancient language.

“Watch out!” warns Cleo. “There’s something big hiding in the back corner.” Everyone makes a quick dash back outside to hide. Dr. Croft, Joe, and Tod light up their flashlights and carefully go back inside to see just what is hiding in the back.

“Does that look like a real live dragon?” Tod asks Dr. Croft in a whisper as the head of the unknown creature comes into view of the light of the lantern and looks at them.

“On my gosh! That looks like a Game of Thrones dragon,” Dr. Croft answers back quietly in both fear and excitement. “From the strong smell of blood in here, he must be badly hurt. Stay here. Hold on to my flashlight. He appears to be more frightened of us then we are of him.”

“Be careful,” Tod warns her as she slowly approaches the dragon. “An injured creature can be very dangerous when cornered.”

“I will,” answers Dr. Croft. “It doesn’t look like that he wants to harm us. He is just so frightened and in a lot of pain.”

Approaching him slowly, Dr. Croft eventually gets close enough to touch the frightened creature on his nose, then, the side of his face. The dragon, about the size a giraffe, starts calming down as Dr. Croft talks to him softly in some ancient language. In pain, he appears to answers her back in a similar language. She then looks at Tod and Joe who are staring at the both of them in astonishment.

“It’s OK,” she tells them. “I’ve been able to communicate with him. He’s tells me that he has been hiding in here due to his injured leg. Have someone bring a dead raptor in here and a bucket of water. He’s dehydrated, starving, and in a great deal of pain. Leave the temple doors open so we can get some fresh air and light in here.”

“What’s going on in there?” asks Professor Narcy with concern when Tod and Joe comes back out.

“We found a real live dragon hiding in there,” answers Tod. “Dr. Croft seems to have made friends with him. She wants us to bring him some food and water. He’s not going anywhere. He’s appears to be badly hurt.”

“There is a canvas bucket in the outfitter supplies,” Mary tells her son. “Help me get it and carry some water over to Sandra’s new friend.”

“Ahab, Professor Narcy, Dr. Sanders,” orders Joe. “Help me drag one of those dead raptor into the temple.”

Mary and Tod are the first to come back to where Dr. Croft is with the injured dragon. They bring over the bucket of water to him where he carefully gets a long drink from it. There is a sigh of relief that sounds like a thank you when he is finished. “How bad is he hurt?” asks Mary as she touches the dragon on his neck for the first time.

“He has a deep laceration in his right leg.” reports Dr. Croft. “It’s no longer bleeding but it looks like it is badly infected.”

“Do you know how he got injured?” ask Mary.

“No,” answers Dr. Croft. “All I know is that he doesn’t want to be left alone in here. He started crying for me when I started to leave to see where the rest of you were. He wants me to keep comforting him.”

The four men show up next dragging the dead raptor into the temple. The second Dr. Sanders spots the dragon, he is running out of there to hide behind the door. “Tod, help us drag this raptor in here,” orders Joe. They drag over the dead raptor placing it in front of the dragon.

“Now what” asks Joe. “He wants to eat it but he can’t seem to be able to get the claw on his wing to hang on to it. He looks so sad.”

“Can you guys butcher it up for him?” ask Dr. Croft.

“What if he tries to eat us?” ask Joe.

“He gave me his word that he won’t harm any of us,” answers Dr. Croft. “Give me the pieces of meat you cut off the raptor. I’ll hand feed it to him.” The four men start to butcher the raptor with the hunting knives, first skinning the raptor, then cutting off pieces of flesh. The dragon watches them intensely in anticipation of being able to get something to eat. Tod hands Dr. Croft the cut off pieces of meat who then hand feeds them to the dragon.

“For as hungry as he is, he is being very careful taking that raw meat out of your hand,” comments Mary. “I’ll go have a closer look at that injury.”

“Oh dear, that gash in his leg looks so painful.” she tells Dr. Croft as she has a closer look at the injury to the dragon’s left leg. “It needs medical attention. How are we going to clean it out and stitch it together while he is awake? It’s going to hurt like hell if we start to clean out the infection in that wound, then sew it up. He’s not going to like us doing that.”

“Is it possible to put him to sleep with these Narcoberries?” asks Helena.

“If we can do so, that will make it a lot less stressful on the both of us to clean up and stitch that wound back together,” answers Mary. “There are some heavy duty curved needles, cord, and disinfectant in the outfitter supplies. I can use a towel for a bandage and duct tape to hold it in place.”

Sandra’s dragon has finished eating when Helena tells Dr. Croft what they want to do. “He will eat the Narcoberries for you so he can go to sleep.” she tells her after talking to him in a strange language for several minutes.

“That’s good news,” Mary tells her. “Lets get started. The App tells me that Narcoberries will speed up the healing process as they put him to sleep. I also have a recipe for a disinfectant solution made from the narcoberries to clean out the wound before we sew and bandage it up.”

With the disinfectant solution crafted up, Dr. Croft gives the dragon a large hand full of narco berries and more water to wash them down with. She is massaging his neck talking softly to him as he relaxes while laying on his side and soon drifts off into a deep sleep.

The operation goes well as Helena and Mary work on his injured leg. The gash is quickly cleaned out, disinfected with a narcoberry solution, then stitched back together with the heavy cord and the curved canvass needle. It is covered with a bandage made from a large towel and held in place with duct tape.

Archived