question about egg limit

Addock

ive heard that you can only have a certain amount of eggs in one spot before tames will not lay more, and ive heard that its about 5 eggs? but is that per species or is it based off the tier of the eggs? like, could i have 2 different species of regular kibble tames (lets say carno and terror bird) and get 5 eggs from each, or would I only be able to have 5 in total from both species?

27 minutes ago, Addock said:

ive heard that you can only have a certain amount of eggs in one spot before tames will not lay more, and ive heard that its about 5 eggs? but is that per species or is it based off the tier of the eggs? like, could i have 2 different species of regular kibble tames (lets say carno and terror bird) and get 5 eggs from each, or would I only be able to have 5 in total from both species?

It must be an online limit.....Iv personally had 20-30 eggs on the ground at once. Most of them was fertile but a few was also non fertile.

5 hours ago, Addock said:

From what I understand, too many eggers of a class will be a waste.  Meaning, 100 Trikes will not give you more eggs than 20 Trikes in the same space.  And it's based on egg size, so basic kibble eggers will only cancel out each other, regular kibble eggers will not effect eggs for basic kibble, etc...

18 hours ago, wizard03 said:

It must be an online limit.....Iv personally had 20-30 eggs on the ground at once. Most of them was fertile but a few was also non fertile.

i was meaning infertile eggs , usually if i breed for more kibble eggs i dont leave them hanging around long enough to see if it has any impact on the kibble dinos production, but since you can increase laying speed on singleplayer it probably is only online. i dont know if they ever talked about this when they did the rework but id really appreciate some clarification tbh.

13 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

From what I understand, too many eggers of a class will be a waste.  Meaning, 100 Trikes will not give you more eggs than 20 Trikes in the same space.  And it's based on egg size, so basic kibble eggers will only cancel out each other, regular kibble eggers will not effect eggs for basic kibble, etc...

thanks! this makes sense. I usually only have 2-4 of any type of tame for kibble anyway

• Volunteer Moderator
19 hours ago, Addock said:

The limit is 6 (except for Dodos and Kairuku) and is based on specie, not size.

4 hours ago, Addock said:

i was meaning infertile eggs , usually if i breed for more kibble eggs i dont leave them hanging around long enough to see if it has any impact on the kibble dinos production, but since you can increase laying speed on singleplayer it probably is only online. i dont know if they ever talked about this when they did the rework but id really appreciate some clarification tbh.

well I remember some posts of a dino that would lay fertilized eggs and it wouldn't spoil. There was a picture of a farm with literally a couple hundred fertilized eggs just laying around in a collector......No joke, you could have hidden a dozen thylocoleo inside of the egg pool and not even know they was there cause of all the eggs that had been collected.
So Im not sure if there had been a reworking of an egg limit or such....I do think something changed tho, I remember nooblets doing a video about the problem and somehow it was tied to the location where he was trying to run the kibble farm. He literally walked 50 mantis across the desert in SE just to set up for a kibble farm. XD 

21 hours ago, wizard03 said:

well I remember some posts of a dino that would lay fertilized eggs and it wouldn't spoil. There was a picture of a farm with literally a couple hundred fertilized eggs just laying around in a collector......No joke, you could have hidden a dozen thylocoleo inside of the egg pool and not even know they was there cause of all the eggs that had been collected.
So Im not sure if there had been a reworking of an egg limit or such....I do think something changed tho, I remember nooblets doing a video about the problem and somehow it was tied to the location where he was trying to run the kibble farm. He literally walked 50 mantis across the desert in SE just to set up for a kibble farm. XD 

Deinonychus, rock drakes, wyverns, crystal wyverns, magmas - all their eggs wil persist long after mating.   Deinonychus is top tier kibble which can be used in place of all kibble types.

Archived