Moving an Xbox One ARK world to PC

Plastisheep

So I just bought ARK on Steam. I used to only play on Xbox but I wanted the PC version as well. I have a lot of progress on the Island on Xbox, and I want to move that progress to my PC version. How would I go about this? I can't figure it out. (Also I want to cross-play with one person on the Xbox and one person on PC so that might help).

• Volunteer Moderator
40 minutes ago, Plastisheep said:

I want to move that progress to my PC version

I'm pretty sure you can't. The Steam version is a different version of the game. 

40 minutes ago, Plastisheep said:

Also I want to cross-play with one person on the Xbox and one person on PC so that might help).

You can't. You need to get the Win10 version of the game. It's the only version that is crossplay compatible with the Xbox.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Plastisheep said:

What do you mean? The Steam version is Windows 10. Not sure what you mean by that.

They are not the same. The Win10 version of the game is little more than a PC port of the Xbox version (which is a port of the Steam version lol)

So...

Steam <-> Epic - crossplay

Win10 <-> Xbox - crossplay (If on official servers, only on crossplay named servers)

PS <-> They can only play with themselves.

5 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Steam <-> Epic - crossplay

Win10 <-> Xbox - crossplay (If on official servers, only on crossplay named servers)

Ah that sucks. Do you think that might ever get changed? I almost got the Epic version instead but clearly it would have made no difference.

5 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They are not the same. The Win10 version of the game is little more than a PC port of the Xbox version (which is a port of the Steam version lol)

That seems too complicated. Lol.

REPLYING TO RECENT POST- 

Could there be a way for the community to make it work? I have limited scripting knowledge but others are way smarter.

Archived