Community Crunch 301: Love Evolved 3, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

Pumped for the event…

pretty sad it’s only a week long.

We would love to see an Evo event (2xs) every weekend, or at least every other weekend, and the big events last 3 weeks. 1 week is tough on those that work and have kids.

Also, weren’t the rates supposed to be increased to 2xs permanently on Official?

13 hours ago, Cedric said:

Your requests for EVO events are still being seen. 💪🏿 And people should be able to voice their opinions in a constructive way.  If that's not the case then let's talk about it.  It's a misconception that because things that you ask for arent immediately done or acted on, that no one is listening.  I'm listening 👂🏿

Cedric, you guys do a good job at some things, and the game has come leaps and bounds from the 2015/2016 days, but when we bring up bugs, glitches and simple things up they seem to go by the way side.  Simple QOL stuff would be amazing, like an advanced spyglass (been brought up numerous times over the years), or a fix to group whistles, or the fact that global chat breaks in some for or another EVERY SINGLE UPDATE, oth the most important is stable servers.  It’s these things we feel are not being listened to.  Frankly I don’t care about getting an evo event every weekend, I think it keeps the challenge to the game.  Yeah evo events are nice to have and as a solo tribe they are used to stock up on resources.  The flip side to that is the servers run like Charlie Sheen off his meds.  Ced, don’t know if you’re aware but Gen 2 servers haven’t been stable since before Fear Evolved event.  Just something on that would be a nice change.

9 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Not necessarily. If the baseline product worked as intended or at least did as advertised then legally they're safe. If you can establish a paper trail leading back to the product's inception and prove it was faulty from the get go THEN you have the basis for the case, elsewise the producer can potentially shift the argument a more defensible point to weasel out of the key issue being addressed. Law's a slippery thing like that. I mean just look at CD projekt red and the horrid mess that was cyberpunk for an example of how game developers can escape the proverbial gallows.

Which they shouldnt be able to escape.  Law needs reworked so companies cant do that.  Which the base game is not working as intended.  The story is broken by a missing artifact and to complete the base game is to delete ur file.  I get what ur saying, big business F's us over and gets away with it.  Im saying it should be mandatory and someone needs to inact it.  It seems we both agree that the game needs fixed.

I need to point out, a lot of the screeching is because of WC actions.  The community used to be better.  WC focusing on money and gimmicks instead of improving quality has pushed the community to this point.  Thing is the screechers are actually fans and want this game to thrive.  We want to be loyal to WC.  They just dont care about us in this area.  They will 1 day regret it and i believe that day is coming.  But we screech because we dont want to give up on them, even though we are rightfully pissed off.

14 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Thats a bit harsh and uncalled for.  What if they work, or have kids?  Hes more complaining about the lack of evo events.  I dont think its very hard to implement these events that have been done repeatedly before.  Chances are they have these settings saved and can flip em on or off relatively easily, with minor adjustments maybe.  And if not, theyre stupid and need to create a simple file they can implement repeatedly for evos for their own ease.  The kicker here is increasing the event timer wouldnt be any extra trouble to them.  It was simply the choice between a date, not any extra code to prolong it.  So that hints more at the devs just being sausages because they know some people cant be on 24/7.

U want to call people spoilt brats?  WC is spoilt compared to other game companies.  No other company would get away with as much broken content as WC does.  The entitlement of gaming companies as a whole is obscene.  No other company designed to sell products to customers can legally get away with things that gaming companies do.  The CC u pay for on skyrim and fallout causing the 0kb bug is a great example.  How on earth bethesda hasnt had their azzes sued off astounds me.  Arks ascension wiping everything youve done and artifact not spawning in the NW cave breaks the game.  It also blocks 2 or 3 base game trophies, which blocks the platinum without cheating, and that should violate terms with sony and microsoft.  The fact WC blatantly ignores the headaches to their own playerbase (In these important areas at least, while taking our money to sell us a broken product) seems rather bratty to me.  Since after all, if it wasnt for our money and loyalty, they wouldnt have anything.  Whos ungrateful now?

Alright, I can see now that The things I said could've been better stated towards the community, I was writing it at a time where I was sleep deprived and cranky so I apologize for everything I said( no excuse I know so I will delete my post since it was poorly writen in the first place). As for what you said, I can wholeheartedly agree on everything. Gaming companies are getting away with too much to even seem legal at this point, and this game feels as if its got an equal number of bugs to  the number of its player base. Its everyone's right to state their opinion on how they feel about the current state of the game and I apologize for saying otherwise. When I was trying to refer to "being more grateful" it wasn't so that everyone should just shut their mouths and just comply with the ever worse-growing bugs, I was more so trying to say that they have been (slightly) more generous with the events that they give to us now than before hand, I was more so considering it that this is a grinding game, which takes thousands of hours to even get close to end game progress, I myself am at nearly 5000 hours and am only just getting close to beating the final three bosses of extinction, gen one and two, so to get any event was a godsent in consideration to what little they gave us back before Covid hit the world. And I understand its frustrating when they don't ever seem to listen to what we plead for in the game (once again agreeing with what you've said about the Devs basically taking advantage of us), I haven't voiced many of the things I feel would improve the game as I feel that not only other people have asked but also because I feel that they wouldn't implement it anyways. 

I fully understand the point where the person I replied to may have other things going on in their life that may inhibit the amount of time, I too will be preoccupied and will hardly be able to enjoy even a day of it, all I was trying to say (even though I said it poorly) was that they have been more generous in terms of the length of the events than before. Once Again I apologize to whomever I may have offended, but consider through this reply at least  why I said what I said.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Still the fact they still have ur money...Compensation at that point is mandatory...Or lawyers usually get involved next.  Tho like u id prefer a more civil approach.  Some people/companies just dont understand civil tho.  Which is when the customers get hostile, and rightfully so.

And you have gotten a product for your money. What compensation are you expecting?
You have not purchased the servers. Those are purely complimentary service that can be stopped at any point.

5 minutes ago, Polsknox said:

Alright, I can see now that The things I said could've been better stated towards the community, I was writing it at a time where I was sleep deprived and cranky so I apologize for everything I said( no excuse I know so I will delete my post since it was poorly writen in the first place). As for what you said, I can wholeheartedly agree on everything. Gaming companies are getting away with too much to even seem legal at this point, and this game feels as if its got an equal number of bugs to  the number of its player base. Its everyone's right to state their opinion on how they feel about the current state of the game and I apologize for saying otherwise. When I was trying to refer to "being more grateful" it wasn't so that everyone should just shut their mouths and just comply with the ever worse-growing bugs, I was more so trying to say that they have been (slightly) more generous with the events that they give to us now than before hand, I was more so considering it that this is a grinding game, which takes thousands of hours to even get close to end game progress, I myself am at nearly 5000 hours and am only just getting close to beating the final three bosses of extinction, gen one and two, so to get any event was a godsent in consideration to what little they gave us back before Covid hit the world. And I understand its frustrating when they don't ever seem to listen to what we plead for in the game (once again agreeing with what you've said about the Devs basically taking advantage of us), I haven't voiced many of the things I feel would improve the game as I feel that not only other people have asked but also because I feel that they wouldn't implement it anyways. 

I fully understand the point where the person I replied to may have other things going on in their life that may inhibit the amount of time, I too will be preoccupied and will hardly be able to enjoy even a day of it, all I was trying to say (even though I said it poorly) was that they have been more generous in terms of the length of the events than before. Once Again I apologize to whomever I may have offended, but consider through this reply at least  why I said what I said.

But the thing is that if you have more important stuff going on your life you should not be concentrating on games or if event is week or two.

Edited by Luewen
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, warfin74 said:

You young whipper snappers!!! When I was your age I had to press W both ways uphill, in the snow, to tame a dilo! That was the only thing we could tame. AND WE LIKED IT!

We didn't have your narcotics, buncha whiny kids! We had to knock the dilo senseless with the corpse of our dead cousin. AND WE LIKED IT!

Poor Human, he died from swamp fever, not that any of you whipper snappers would know what that is with your  antidotes. When we got swamp fever, we died! AND WE LIKED IT!

There were no flyers back in the good ole days. If we wanted to go somewhere fast, we punched a Triceratops and had him ram us to where we were going. AND WE LIKED IT!

Nice Copy paste. Anyways that wasn't at all what I was trying to imply. I think the game before hand was dogs#$t and to a large extent still is with all the bugs and how unplayable lost Island is right now. All I was trying to state was that the Devs, although they hardly answer any of our pleas, have been (slightly) more generous with the events that they have been dropping out for us, including the x2 breeding weekends. I didn't even play when the game came out as it was so garbage, I only started playing before Extinction and at that point I barely played due to how bad It was. And lets not even start with how Atlas started out. So before you try to post something funny and copy paste it to post it again either because you thought that it would improve how well the joke is or just didn't see your post, maybe try to consider what the person is trying to imply. 

6 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Thing is the screechers are actually fans and want this game to thrive.

Then by all means scream to the heavens. But do so with the intent of making the game better, not for personal gain as some seem to have made a habit of doing. People should demand fixes and patches when a cc comes out, not events that speed up rates because they among the thousands of players didn't have the time to capitalize  on the event or simply lack the gumption to play official in its official state. Don't demand the free small fry, demand that the burger be fixed. Or else the real problem will never be addressed.

We do, or at least I try to.  I agree, complaining about an evo event is just pointless.  I get it but there are bigger fish in the fryer right now.  I have been against a lot of mistakes Wildcard has made in the ongoing development of this game.  Nerfs that got put in place for PvP but PvE paid the price, even after the numbers were starting to tip towards PvE being the more played mode.  Not just that but things the community would like to see come to the original game before Ark 2 ever gets the download available button.  A long time ago in an Ark far far away we got probably one of the best additions to the game, the S+ structure content, now guided we only got a small snip it of that mod and I know the reasons why; but we were still promised more to come from that mod and never saw anything.  Wildcard, IMO, should have never announced the coming of Ark 2, because (unlike with other games) it has cast this cloud over the community that has been sitting on shaky ground in regards to what has been going on this past year.  Look we get it, ya throw a world wide pandemic onto a pile and everything flips upside down in all aspects.  For the most part WC has done ok, BUT there is a long standing history BEFORE the onslaught of COVID that has created the shaky ground between WC and the rest of the community, and the announcement of Ark 2 just makes most people distrust what comes from WC because of that previously mentioned history.

I have been demanding the burger be fixed for a long time now, as we all should be.  That’s why I came right out and said “Ark 2 should be delayed until 2023 or even 2024 would be better”.  To give them a chance to fix Ark 1 first, and milk it for all its worth!  If that means upgrading the server banks and the unreal engine, then do it.  If it means 3 months go to working bugs out, then do it!  There is SOOOOO much WC is leaving on the table for Ark 1, it’s just said that fear no matter how much we complain, bring to light or sometimes even beg for things to get done or fixed, it will never happen.  Why?  Because Ark 2 is already in development and they think they can save the marriage by having another kid.  Unfortunately things don’t work like that.  I hope things change, I really do, but my feeling is that it is all a day late and a dollar short.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Then they adjust accordingly or don't play on official. I balance college and a job and still find time.

Excuse me??? Do you play in Singleplayer?? May i suggest to do it in event?? ANy event like love evolve, xmas, and the others that rates are 3x or more, and colourful dinos... latest the same time in Sigleplayer and unoficial servers as in Official servers... you dont have more time in singleplayer for playing the event there... i do that and where the event ends in official server, it ends in every damn other mod (Sigleplayer, unoficial, and so on). So dont say that busy people can still play after the event ends becuse you are a liar like WC is. Stop confusing people with such nonsense. Event ends and you cant play it, no wonder how many times you put it in parameter inside or outside the game... it ends, period.

15 hours ago, obriensj said:

Some of the cold hard truths about the game need to be considered by both Wildcard and the player base in all of these discussions but also a greater level of constructive communication would greatly help by both parties. 

Firstly we the players don't need to be "greatful" for anything, we are paying customers who are paying for some level of agreed service, where the conflict lies in this space is that expectations about what it is we pay for is unclear. So to resolve that some better communication from Wildcard about what it is we can expect can put to bed the wailing and crying each time a community crunch comes out. Us players also need to consider that if we revert to whining and complaining about everything and anything any relevant message or requests gets lost in the noise.

My personal view is that wildcard largely ignore a large part of what the player base asks for because the player base doesn't have a collective view about anything, but again what is it people overwhelming want and why are they asking for it?

It was hit on earlier in a post that this is a now a mature game and much of the content has been covered, asides from throwing some new Dinos at us via a questionable selection process and a new map recently, players can cover most new and existing content very quickly, QOL changes have been exploited as we should expect to support a industrialization of the mutation and Dino development process. 

Cold hard truths?

The game as it stands at standard speed is actually fairly boring, once we have stuffed every Dedi we can find with a stryder, built extensions on our bases until we hit the building caps and have rows and rows of maxed out Dino's breeding at will what is their for people to do? Well people repeat that process on another server like Gen 2 to fill in resource gaps for things like Ele. The game changes have made resource collection industrial and there is no going back, what lags behind in that environment is raising more Dinos. Gen 2 has permanent improved rates but post the initial interest a pretty boring map to live on, but everyone has a base there for ele and for raising crazy numbers of Dino's for mutations, making the broad range of server issues increasingly worse.

Why does all that matter, because Evo events make those poopty Gen 2 server even worse than they already are, remembering that most people are there to mass breed and collect ele.

A key point that gets overlooked is that players need to prepare for EVO events, asides from the RL challenges around time we need to have the eggs ready etc Without planned EVO events prior to main events many people spend at large part of the main event catching up or finishing off breeding and imprinting they have been stacking up for weeks and weeks

So........we need a few things to manage some solutions that would cover most players complaints and their tendencies under the current models.

1. Make Ele in some form or other transferrable

-  This gets people off maps they dont really want to be on and would more evenly spread the player base and improve server performance (which turns to poop during EVO on many maps).  The way you manage EVO weekends before the main event can prevent this by letting people not dump 450 babies on day one of the event to get their raising and imprinting done....

- Ele transfer would also eliminate up to 40% of all bases in my opinion on servers that players don't want to be on, massively improving server performance

2, Make Evo events part and parcel of the service offer and run it to a timetable so people can manage the  Dino aspect of the game better, most long term players are already fully loaded for resources or can solve any shortfall in an hour or two....We don't use 7 days of EVO to farm metal lets get that straight - Ideally we experience the event but if we raise Dino's in any serious way surprise surprise we raise Dino's for the first 5-7 days of the event

- This prevent the "surprise" we get every time we don't get EVO weekends and the complaining that goes with it... Dino raising is now slow compared to everything else in the game, if I don't like that aspect then let me know when I can cancel my RL for a weekend to get myself sorted and just maybe enjoy the Main event for a change

- Planned EVO would further reduce the player loads on poor performance maps like Gen 2 

So in summary, EVO events arent special, they are now a minimum and necessary expectation in a game that you sped up, so you need to release them regularly and to some sort of timetable, this may in fact make special events special again and its time to let Ele flow more freely across maps to let people play where they want to play and to improve performance on what remains some very poopty performance on many maps.

My personal wish at this time is for further improvements to be made to Gestation which remains light years behind egg laying at this stage. Eggs layers outbreed live breeder at 3 to 1 at this stage, the model isnt right

Im totally right with your idea!!! Its what i was thinking about the whole game... i paid for this game and i need it at least playable. About Ele transfer, it must to be had done from a lng long time ago, ince gen 2 had been released, at least i was expecting it. When they say that they are "Listening" to us, they never mentioned "Lintening and doing your requests in the time that we manage to do it". They only Listen, dont doing anything else. Everyone can listening but not all people will Listen and Do. Im feeling that WC doesnt care about the real players and the new ones... they only listen th selective nice stuff that makes them proud, taking out the others that actually say the true about everything...

I dont wanna raise 300 dinos in the Love Evolved because i never could do that before it and after Xmas and new year's event... people are asking the evos because they wanna raise the only inos that can be raise in 3 days, letting the other big ones to be raised in the colourful events. But, WC doesnt care about planing stuff... they only care about money and more money. Imagine all those people that pre-order the game when it was BETA!!!! they started to LISTEN and BOING what comunnity said about perfomance and such on... but now that the game is ALMOST ALPHA (For me),  WC Listen but dosent do anything. I dont need to know that they Listen to us... i need to know what you are fixing and how our request are be done by our plesure... bc this si a game...and constantly it starting to be a TRASHY game... year by year.

4 hours ago, BlackScarlatta said:

So dont say that busy people can still play after the event ends becuse you are a liar like WC is. Stop confusing people with such nonsense

That would require I be implying such things to begin with. I said either adjust whatever you have going on accordingly so you have the time to make use of the event (that being EVO, not the holiday stuff) or accept that it isn't an option and either go to or create a server with boosted rates if the rate at which gathering or breeding is unsatisfactory. I would ask that you actually read my standpoints before attempting to pick them apart and insinuate I'm lying. As an aside, in unofficial you can have the holiday events last as long as you please if you know what to mess around with whilst fiddling with the settings. I leave my cluster on the Easter event whenever no other event is active.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

11 hours ago, Luewen said:

And you have gotten a product for your money. What compensation are you expecting?
You have not purchased the servers. Those are purely complimentary service that can be stopped at any point.

You obviously didnt read the other posts to do with this.  2 bugs blocking the ability to beat the base game as it was intended to be done, 1 of which completely destroys ur ingame profile wiping ur character and note progress.  I wasnt even aiming at the multiplayer in any of my posts.  Tho if u want to get technical WC has stated this to be a multiplayer game at its core.  Technically everything else is the add on.  So, under those guidelines, the multiplayer accessibility is arguably the true game and product being sold.  That would be like WoW or division without the servers.  Again, get in a car with factory defective brakes, someones going to pay for that because u paid for it and it is not working as intended. There are a slew of game breaking bugs across all variations of the gameplay, server or not.  People wanting something simple because the devs refuse to fix core problems that theyve known about for years is more than fair.

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

That would require I be implying such things to begin with. I said either adjust whatever you have going on accordingly so you have the time to make use of the event (that being EVO, not the holiday stuff) or accept that it isn't an option and either go to or create a server with boosted rates if the rate at which gathering or breeding is unsatisfactory. I would ask that you actually read my standpoints before attempting to pick them apart and insinuate I'm lying. As an aside, in unofficial you can have the holiday events last as long as you please if you know what to mess around with whilst fiddling with the settings. I leave my cluster on the Easter event whenever no other event is active.

Obviously u cut all the idea, i was talking about Singleplayer and Unofficial... In Single player u cant extend the events so far as in the Official... If u pick up a small portion of my entire post, then you gave me the reason for what I have told u. Good luck and have fun.

8 hours ago, BlackScarlatta said:

Im totally right with your idea!!! Its what i was thinking about the whole game... i paid for this game and i need it at least playable. About Ele transfer, it must to be had done from a lng long time ago, ince gen 2 had been released, at least i was expecting it. When they say that they are "Listening" to us, they never mentioned "Lintening and doing your requests in the time that we manage to do it". They only Listen, dont doing anything else. Everyone can listening but not all people will Listen and Do. Im feeling that WC doesnt care about the real players and the new ones... they only listen th selective nice stuff that makes them proud, taking out the others that actually say the true about everything...

I dont wanna raise 300 dinos in the Love Evolved because i never could do that before it and after Xmas and new year's event... people are asking the evos because they wanna raise the only inos that can be raise in 3 days, letting the other big ones to be raised in the colourful events. But, WC doesnt care about planing stuff... they only care about money and more money. Imagine all those people that pre-order the game when it was BETA!!!! they started to LISTEN and BOING what comunnity said about perfomance and such on... but now that the game is ALMOST ALPHA (For me),  WC Listen but dosent do anything. I dont need to know that they Listen to us... i need to know what you are fixing and how our request are be done by our plesure... bc this si a game...and constantly it starting to be a TRASHY game... year by year.

As I tell my almost 4 year old daughter, hearing and actually listening are 2 different things, and that’s not even covering selective hearing.  WC hear us, but listening would involve tuning in to us.  I hope they start to soon, because it’s not looking good for them.  Or at the very least acknowledge that gen 2 servers are just painful to play, I dunno know about any others.  I’ll use the analogy of, you can only turn up the radio to cover up the knock in the motor for so long until ya can’t any longer.

4 hours ago, BlackScarlatta said:

Obviously u cut all the idea, i was talking about Singleplayer and Unofficial... In Single player u cant extend the events so far as in the Official... If u pick up a small portion of my entire post, then you gave me the reason for what I have told u. Good luck and have fun.

I cut a portion of the statement via quote selection because I took issue with the fact that you would assume me a liar merely because you misunderstood the nature of my statement. Furthermore I specifically mentioned unofficial because it should be pretty obvious that single player is a mode that you can't fine tune as you would a server you rent and can access the files to. I was operating under the assumption that you'd glean that and thus it could remain as an unspoken understanding of how the game modes work. But enough wasting our time on the matter. I've said my piece and I'm certain the mods get sick of watching me blather on whenever I crop up. Have a good day.