Dino Drop Inventory for Tek Dinos

Ok, first let me state, I am no expert at all, at this stuff, but after some reading online, I managed to add some extra loot to each Alpha's drop pool, using the below code (The excerpt pasted is just for the Alpha Raptor, I had to duplicate the code for each Alpha I wanted to edit.)

Also be aware that I did this in single player, by adding the code to the bottom of my 'Game.ini', but I imagine that doing it for a server is either the same, or very similar, so if you are on a server bear that in mind.

Ok, this will hopefully help you sort it out, or at the least, put you on the path to getting it done :-

This is how I add the appropriate saddle and a longneck to the alpha's drop chance :

ConfigOverrideSupplyCrateItems=(SupplyCrateClassString="DinoDropInventoryComponent_Carnivore_Mega_Raptor_C",bAppendItemSets=true,bAppendPreventIncreasingMinMaxItemSets=false,ItemSets=((SetName="Alpha-Blueprints",MinNumItems=1,MaxNumItems=2,NumItemsPower=1,SetWeight=1,bItemsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemEntries=((EntryWeight=1,MinQuantity=1,MaxQuantity=1,bForceBlueprint=true,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=1.000000,MinQuality=1.000000,MaxQuality=7.750000,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItem_WeaponOneShotRifle_C","PrimalItemArmor_RaptorSaddle_C"),ItemsWeights=(1,1))))

Note : this is for Alpha Raptors to have a chance to drop Raptor saddle and/or longneck in in it's drops (remember, they are just added to the drop pool, so they have a chance to drop, but it doesn't mean they always will drop, of course).

Anyhow, you would need to chance the beginning part to the appropriate tek dino (ie./ ..Carnivore_Bionic_Raptor ..), though sometimes you may need to take the underslash out between bionic and raptor (I found this out when adding code for each Alpha in the game), just spawn in and kill a bunch of the tek dino, to see if they drop the appropriate items sometimes, and if not try it without the underslash. That's how I overcame the issue anyway.. :/

Next, look for the blueprint path of the items you want the tek dino to drop and swap them into where I put the longneck and  raptor saddles, in the above code. You just use the part of the blueprint path starting from 'primalitem', then add '_c' to the end of it, like I did above (.. "PrimalItem_WeaponOneshotRifle_C" ..)

Finally, at the end of the code, where it says 'ItemWeights=(1,1) you put a '1' for each item added (ie./ i just added 2 to the drop pool, the saddle and a longneck, so i used (1,1). If I added another item, i would add an extra 1, like this (1,1,1).

I hope that helps put you on the path to sorting it out.. 

Like I already said, I am by no means an expert at this stuff, so if someone with more knowledge can add their 2 cents, or correct where I offered incorrect info, that would be great, but hopefully this will help you some. Good luck with it, bud .. :)

Actually yeah this is a big help, thank you but now I’m actually just trying to figure out the names of these Tek Dinos to insert into the code so the “Carnivore_Bionic_Raptor” should help but does anyone know for sure exactly the Code name of these Tek Dinos I know they are somewhat different from their regular code names.

Also I’m on Xbox and am I able to edit a Game INI file for Single Player or is that just on PC?

Yeah I had that feeling too, would have been easier to do a Game ini file in single player instead of constantly shutting down the server and starting it back up to test the names of the Tek Creatures.

Nobody would happen to know what the Tek Creatures code names are for their DinoDropInventory?

Archived