Way too many bugs to the point where the game experience is gone.

Zyna

I'm just dissapointed to be honest. I've played this game since it came out have and have thousands of hours in it. I remember the beginning, everything felt so real. Things amazed me, taming was really awesome and building a base was so exciting. But now days its not a fight against dangerous enemies, more like a fight against all the bugs. The game experience is GONE and there are countless of reasons to why. 97% of the time when shooting a dinosaur the will act super stupid. Sometimes they wont even move and not react for a few seconds. Then once they start running they'll act super weird, like running oddly right to left, glitching forward and backwards. Or like shooting a dodo with a bow, most of the time if you dont get the arrow right, you will do 0 damage to it. This has been a bug for too long. Watching dinosaurs act super weird is what breaks that survival feeling. Official servers are just the worst, the pings are super high and there is nothing to do about it. Expect multiple crashes and super slow performance. The thing that pisses me off the most is the fact that they keep launching more dlc every year, instead I think they should focus more on the bugs for a damn minute. But no, they just keep focusing on dlc releases which aren't even good at all. In my opinion, abberation is the only well defined and shaped dlc ark ever made. Not saying that all dlcs are bad, but just compare the recent ones with abberation. Now heres the thing, I love ark and its one of my favourite games, but its so sad that a game with so much potention works their asses off to publish dlcs instead of thinking about the main core of the game, the player experience. It's super obvious that the game needs some serious help, I mean the devs cant play official and think everything is alright?? You might feel frustrated after reading this but tbh I have to get it out, it's been bugging me all these years. Hopefully Ark 2 will be as smooth as for example rust. Hopefully they will focus more on the most important thing when developing a game, the game experience as a whole. 

It's just not great at all. Running to the beach trying to kill something with hitboxes that dont even work, and trying to knock out a parasaur watching how STRANGE the AI system in it works. A lot of simple things that should be taken care of is just being ignored. Such as the hitbox issue on dodos and other small dinosaurs. There are so many small bugs that ruins so much, too much. 

Im actually with you on the need to stop cooking dlc's and working on the bugs, but I feel like these wish's are falling on deaf ears......they prolly too scrambled trying to push out ark 2 before the end of the year to be honest. And then they can abandon this hot garbarge for some fresh new hot garbage, but at least with a payday behind it. >.>

20 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Im actually with you on the need to stop cooking dlc's and working on the bugs, but I feel like these wish's are falling on deaf ears......they prolly too scrambled trying to push out ark 2 before the end of the year to be honest. And then they can abandon this hot garbarge for some fresh new hot garbage, but at least with a payday behind it. >.>

I hear what you're saying and youre right but personally new maps and creatures is the only thing that keeps me coming back every few months.

I would have stopped playing a long time ago without new content to explore. 

Ps5 still hasnt gotten the next gen upgrade that xbox got a year ago and probably never will.

I tried to do King Monke yesterday and only six of my Rexes and my Yuty made it to the arena eventhough they were all well within the teleport bubble. Weeks of work thrown away. The game is what it is at this point.

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I hear what you're saying and youre right but personally new maps and creatures is the only thing that keeps me coming back every few months. I would have stopped playing a long time ago without new content to explore. Ps5 still hasnt gotten the next gen upgrade that xbox got a year ago and probably never will. I tried to do King Monke yesterday and only six of my Rexes and my Yuty made it to the arena eventhough they were all well within the teleport bubble. Weeks of work thrown away. The game is what it is at this point.

Only half the rex's got teleported? Yikes. In all honesty Im not going to be buying ark 2 no matter what kind of spit polish or trick dino's they got. I would consider a case of beer to be a better option and I hate beer. If Im going to catch a buzz, its the hard stuff or nothing.

But at least with beer, Id still get "SOMETHING" for my money.

yea there are way too many major bugs in the game especially on genesis if they would just fix that the game would be doing so much better

but I dont think they care anymore they keep releasing content and by doing so making it harder for themselves to fix the bugs and ark 2 is coming, i dont think anyone is gonna buy that game yet they are probably putting all their efforts into it 

8 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I hear what you're saying and youre right but personally new maps and creatures is the only thing that keeps me coming back every few months.

I would have stopped playing a long time ago without new content to explore. 

Ps5 still hasnt gotten the next gen upgrade that xbox got a year ago and probably never will.

I tried to do King Monke yesterday and only six of my Rexes and my Yuty made it to the arena eventhough they were all well within the teleport bubble. Weeks of work thrown away. The game is what it is at this point.

Out of curiosity, is it the game content or the sucky QoL/bugs that drives u away?  In all likelihood if they did some serious QoL overhauls u wouldnt be running away so often to begin with.  Sorry to hear about ur boss run.  Which map are u on?  If ur doing boss battles id recommend starting with the island(original map, like ur meant to do), and save the new map bs to be fixed overtime.  Boss battles are glitchy as heck anyways.  Afaik u still lose ur character and "profile" upon ascension.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:30 PM, Zyna said:

It's just not great at all. Running to the beach trying to kill something with hitboxes that dont even work, and trying to knock out a parasaur watching how STRANGE the AI system in it works. A lot of simple things that should be taken care of is just being ignored. Such as the hitbox issue on dodos and other small dinosaurs. There are so many small bugs that ruins so much, too much. 

Tbh i haven't came across these issues to much.  Well besides a dino randomly changing direction while its running from u, that seems rather fake.  But there are a lot of serious issues that should be addressed.  The stupid tek cave door is 1 id like to see resolved.  Admittedly thats more QoL but its a problem for me.  How the F can rexes clip through that door but spinos cant...And we definitely need bigger platforms for bosses.  We are allowed to bring 20 but theres no way 20 fitting there/going through.  I always miss out on 2-4.  Crossbow drops way to harshly, crafting a tranq requires a bullet???? And only does 50% better torp for 3x da poison...Shooting a moth in da face is basically impossible, but it has a multiplier.  The list of bs goes on.  I hope they eventually fix this bs and u get heard.

9 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Out of curiosity, is it the game content or the sucky QoL/bugs that drives u away?  In all likelihood if they did some serious QoL overhauls u wouldnt be running away so often to begin with.  Sorry to hear about ur boss run.  Which map are u on?  If ur doing boss battles id recommend starting with the island(original map, like ur meant to do), and save the new map bs to be fixed overtime.  Boss battles are glitchy as heck anyways.  Afaik u still lose ur character and "profile" upon ascension.

It truely is the QoL bugs for me......First off I have hotspot internet and currently there is a bug {or possibly security} preventing me from being able to play online with other people. Thus since Im stuck in single player to even be able to play the game, Im subjected to the single player issues throughout it all. But Im ok with that, just so long as I can play the game normally without worrying about cheating "just to play the game" 

Everytime I chase down a red drop just for it to watch it fall through the map, every time I run a cave just to have bugs with the artifacts, every time Im subjected to these QoL bugs, and I GOT to cheat just to make things work properly. I lose interest in the game. These things should not be happening, should have been fixed, but instead we get more stuff with more bugs, making it more unplayable.

If we had half the stuff, but it all worked "EXACTLY" like it should have, I would probably still be playing right now. But because of the bugs, I have yet to fully attempt to ascend the alpha tek cave, have given up on aberration completely, and have ended my lost island run till probably the valentines update where I am hopeful the update will include everything that has already been pushed to servers. Untill then, I unno......Been on Dayz a lil bit

38 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

It truely is the QoL bugs for me......First off I have hotspot internet and currently there is a bug {or possibly security} preventing me from being able to play online with other people. Thus since Im stuck in single player to even be able to play the game, Im subjected to the single player issues throughout it all. But Im ok with that, just so long as I can play the game normally without worrying about cheating "just to play the game" 

Everytime I chase down a red drop just for it to watch it fall through the map, every time I run a cave just to have bugs with the artifacts, every time Im subjected to these QoL bugs, and I GOT to cheat just to make things work properly. I lose interest in the game. These things should not be happening, should have been fixed, but instead we get more stuff with more bugs, making it more unplayable.

If we had half the stuff, but it all worked "EXACTLY" like it should have, I would probably still be playing right now. But because of the bugs, I have yet to fully attempt to ascend the alpha tek cave, have given up on aberration completely, and have ended my lost island run till probably the valentines update where I am hopeful the update will include everything that has already been pushed to servers. Untill then, I unno......Been on Dayz a lil bit

That sucks that u cant play online.  Tho considering the state of the playerbase online, both pvp and pve are to toxic.  Id say u arnt really missing out there.

Ya, its always the red 1s that clip into terrain making them unaccessible.  Why not just allow the entire drop to be accessible instead of, apparently, just the bottom?  I also hate how SP gets F'd over with the caves.  The crates spawn extremely slow on SP and the skylord artifact to this day still doesnt spawn and neither does that caves loot crates.  The real blood boiler for me tho is the fact that the devs fixed the skylord issue on official servers...So these azzholes at WC couldnt even be bothered to apply the fix for SP or unofficials (potentially) when its right F'n there already fixed and available >:(.  Things getting deleted when u ascend or transfer is also bs.  So ya, im right there with u.  Then theres the things that arnt really bugs but are just improper wrongful acts of design stupidity.  Spinos not getting to enter the tek cave, argies unable to be used to carry hostile creatures to pens anymore (because they get ate alive because tlc3, i think it was 3, F'd up how they hold the animals), crafting that makes no sense, ect.  All of this really does kill the desire to play.  The worst part is this craps been going on for years.  Tbh the mana needs reworked badly as well.  I get it was op at 1st, but its completely failed now.  Then consider how much crazier things have gotten since then, and improved its predecessors have become (pointing at drakes and wyverns), the mana needs a bone.  It should outdo the drakes and original wyverns.  Its the later tameable "dragon", u know, that u'd upgrade to from the wyvern/drake.  At least crystal isles did it right -_-.  There should been drakes on Val as well.

I agree, focus needs to shift to fixing the game.  Id gladly of waited for extinction and gen1+2 just for everything to work right.  I haven't even bought gen1+2 because im sick of the content push and i refuse to buy ark2 until they fix their bs.

23 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

The way ALL maps get bugged at these introductions and server performance is taking a dip those new maps are for me the moment I rage quit until friends ask me if I just want to take a look at their new base or their server.

I'm not one of the early birds that has done it all yet. The base game getting more and more broken is making it a dying game: You always need fresh blood to keep it going and new players are not realy getting a warm welcome from the devs and moderators.
I don't need those new maps yet, I just need a game that runs decent.

For me ARK 2 has to wait untill they've proven to be able to launch events or new maps without gamebreaking bugs on a bit more reliable servers.

Archived