Please tell me it's a joke

skysm13

Last time I played was around 2016. Last week some friends asked me make a server so we could play together again. I did so, setup my linux server, spent some time setting it up, installed some mods, and went into the game. As a quite experienced UE dev, it didn't take me long to realize something was very, very wrong, and it was indeed the view distance. I'm not gonna say much about it, just watch the clip. In case you didn't know, 'honteux' means shameful in french. This game is shameful, and I uninstalled it right after recording this  clip.

Nothing looks wrong in the clip. You can't have 100 bases on a server that all load in from extreme distances. All bases purposefully de-render at a specific distance (what you showed in the clip). I think this was actually changed around 2016 because the servers were getting destroyed. There may be a way to change it in the server settings for dedicated servers but I play official so I don't know about that.

Yes it is, not being able to see whats on the main land on the left would be ok, not being able to see what's in your own small island is dumb af. It basically means I would never be able to see all my base at once, since it was supposed to end where the buildings start fading.

481736499_2022-01-2717_30_57-honteux-YouTube.png.3627487fe0b4c7152a35d855d96ecc01.png This distance takes about 10 seconds max to walk by on foot.

Archived