TLC 4 ideas

Reaperlord5

Suggestion

CARNO

The carno the most useless carnivore.my first idea for it is to have a roar that will stun nearby fliers. My second idea for this underrated carnivore is to have extra armor so this will be our first carnivore that is a tank. Finally I think if it stood in an area for too long it will camouflage with the surroundings behind it. It will also have a weight reduction to metal,stone, and wood. These new abilities will make it actually useful to tame.

ARANEO

The absolute most useless tame is the araneo it is so useless there is no reason  to tame it. First it should be a little taller so I think we should bump it up to the parasaur. Secondly it should shoot a web that is like a net gun but it only lasts 45 seconds. Thirdly it should be able to climb walls and the rider will have spider armor around it so it cannot be shot. Finally it should be able to spin the rider,small dinos, or enemy players in a web and launch them to a mountain,cave, or tree. That is all my ideas for the araneo I think this will really put this back on people's tame list. I hope these we'll be the dinos that will get a tlc thank you for your time:)

5 replies to this server topic

On 2/4/2022 at 11:15 AM, esdren said:

In PVP, maybe.   0 value in PVE setting

Do tell me then, where in PVE is it worse than an allo? It can do everything an allo can, but without the pack buff and garbage hit registration that allos have LOL, which i explained in the rest of the post I had made

On 2/14/2022 at 11:16 AM, esdren said:

Garbage HP scaling for 1

Knockback?   Both do it

Agility?  Allos are faster

Cave runs?   Neither have value

Meat runs?  Neither have value

Alpha boss fights?  Carnos cant

Wild gigas/titanos?   Carnos cant

Hit reg is no different for either, just not ridiculous radius like rex and gig

Pack boost is required for Allo bleed, but it also gives the Alpha a crapton more defense and higher DPS than an equivalent rex.   So, higher dmg, better surviveability

You make some valid points here. I've been too busy to play the game and frankly I hadn't had time to check this out but hear me out here:

HP - I don't fully disagree, certainly one has higher HP. At 50 wild points and 50 domesticated points in HP on both, the Allo DOES come out to be 10k higher at 30k HP. However that still leaves Carnos at 20k which does hold up against most tames with quality saddles. (Rexs at early game for bosses I typically see get leveled between that 20-30k range as is)
They also have the same raise time, so given that and the fact that they both rely on bleed, I don't really put either one on a pedestal in that situation

Agility I'd claim is about the same. Maybe thats up for debate but honestly I haven't felt a *noticeable difference. If the numerical values differ then yea but based on just the feel of it, I can't sense it

Bosses realistically? I wouldnt even take allos into a boss fight, let alone carnos. Bleed doesn't work on bosses, though with pack buff allos can certainly hurt more than a carno. But so can Rexes.

GIgas and Titans though? They'd be the same DPS wise, survival wise might differ slightly due to that HP discrepancy but overall they aren't that overwhelmingly different. Wild Gigas do a bleed, which bleeds regardless of how much armor reduction you have, and titanos just hurt a lot. An allo certainly can tank it better, especially with the pack reduction for the alpha, but overall, you should be questioning life choices taking on a titan like that instead of other options hahaha. Jokes aside, It'd end up boiled down to bleeding them to death. The base dmg isnt anything to write home about on either carnos or allos. (They're both actually 35 base, with allos actually losing 10 when using the right click)

Overall, yea the pack buff is a benefit for survival, as damage resistance is golden, but that DPS boost doesnt give it an overwhelming edge on anything. Its an additional like 50% for the alphas ofc, but it isnt enough to invalidate carnos given the DPS for both is more valuable as bleed and not as per hit dmg anyway. (To clarify, Rex base damage is 62, allo being 35 and adding 50% to that makes it 52.5, but only for an alpha. Given that, 3 rexes adds up to be more DPS than 3 allos, which still remains true when factoring saddles, mate boost and imprint bonuses)

Still I do enjoy talking about it so if you have any other thoughts I'm happy to hear them.
Though I feel it gets a bit off topic as we've left Araneos out of the discussion when both were part of the OP hahaha, granted I'm essentially bumping a 4 month old post so I guess I can't say much there LOL

On 2/10/2022 at 5:56 PM, purplewargreymon said:

Do tell me then, where in PVE is it worse than an allo?

Allos have endgame value, Carnos do not.  Why?

Garbage HP scaling for 1

Knockback?   Both do it

Agility?  Allos are faster

Cave runs?   Neither have value

Meat runs?  Neither have value

Alpha boss fights?  Carnos cant

Wild gigas/titanos?   Carnos cant

Hit reg is no different for either, just not ridiculous radius like rex and gig

Pack boost is required for Allo bleed, but it also gives the Alpha a crapton more defense and higher DPS than an equivalent rex.   So, higher dmg, better surviveability

Carnos are less gimped than they used to be now that they were handed the bleed, but they still have absolutely no value in any facet of the game outside of being babys first therapod. 

Carno currently is more useful than allos. They do the same bleed allos do, but without the pack buff. They also have minor armor penetration AND small knockback for pushing larger dinos like racers around. Allos on the other hand require the pack buff, have horrible hit box registration on its bite, and don't penetrate any amount of armor. And honestly, carnos aren't built like tanks. They're small, and agile, not tankers like the huge hp pool of the rex (200k+ hp on maximum mutations in hp and full tamed levels into hp)

If anything needs the TLC of mechanics between the two of them, would actually be the Allo. Carno could do with a reskin though, texture kinda sucks imo

Araneo is a neat idea though. Maybe instead of being a full net gun the web idea could full stop the creature thats webbed for 10-30 seconds, but be able to struggle out of it similarly to the bloodstalker grab. Could be an interesting change for the spider and would make it pairable with the other spider in the game. Could also make the araneo do bonus damage to and heal off creatures with the webbed debuff so that it has a reason to come up front too instead of staying behind and playing support only.

Archived