Game Design of Ark 2 Needs to Consider the Reality of Cheaters

Tylanater

I love ark but almost every design decision in this game favors cheaters on a fundamental level to a point where it will never be possible for the game to be enforceable (see current state of pvp in ark 1). I'll provide some examples below of what I mean. 

Enforcement effectiveness: It means almost nothing to be banned when leveling in this game has been made a joke. You can do a note run on the island in 3 minutes and be level 72 and ready to aimbot again. Run the swamp cave once or twice if you're feeling spicy and wanna get 105 in an hour or two. 

Transferring items and dinos: probably leads to thousands of different duping methods across the games life. If transferring was restricted to character only this would be much less of a concern. 

Cave base meta: Easy to hide your duped gear/duping builds/whatever else when no one can see your base and its not viable to live on land. 

Cryos/teleporters/transmitters/smaller vaults/etc: You literally couldn't purposefully make it easier to make mesh bases more viable. Imagine living in a mesh hole before extinction. Did it happen? I'm sure, but it's a million times more inconvenient and not nearly as effective. 

-INI file editing: No other shooter would allow this on official pvp servers. Wildcard has stated that they will not enforce ini which is weird but if that's the case stop adding dinos with crazy visual effects that disadvantage people who don't cheat with ini file editing. Also remove things like plant z flashbang and plant species x vision obstruction. Again, preferably just don't allow ini files to be edited on official servers but otherwise added visual impairments is just punishing you for not cheating, which is probably why about 80% plus of pvp players use an INI. It's so bad people don't wanna play with me cause I don't use an ini and am at such a huge disadvantage. 

-Headshot damage on players. Should just be removed. Some people will complain about realism but the fact is that no military or police force trains to shoot for the head. It's more realistic to shoot for center mass. Obviously people will still use chest aimbots but it would be far less devastating than headshot multiplers. Also wildcard seemingly is unable to enforce aimbot so this would lessen the effects of aimbotters. 

Specific to ORP servers but how are pincodes disabled on everything EXCEPT gates that people use to ORP abuse and block their caves from ever being raided on an alt account? Just disable them. 

Near infinite breeding: Makes this game a goldmine for RMTers. There's pretty much no point to play small tribes unless you are looking to RMT which is ironic because unclaiming dinos is disabled in small tribes but why would you ever need to unclaim a dino when you can just throw someone a cryopod. There's thousands of discords selling dinos for real life money. If you don't believe me just look up giga on ebay and look how many postings there are. Most of it is done through discord as well. If the breeding was limited to 20/20 mutations like it was originally intended this would be far less of an issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely agree to every single point! Especially the unlimited mutation breeding is a very very bad mechanic. Definitely would be nice to have orp servers again, i made a little topic regarding that myself. Lets see how they deal with meshing in ARK II, the trailer they released does already show us the first (tiny) mesh hole 😂Screenshot_2022-02-14_165040.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

i agree. game is unlayable. aimbot will not be punished, even with videoproof. devs dont care. cheating/exploiting is the main problem of this game. we dont play anymore, we only keep generators alive. pvp is pointless. most people are aimbotting. devs dont ban them, because they will kill their own playerbase when banning people. we played this game since release. i have made alot of tickets for this game....even some meshbases werent banned! they should give me GM rights. i will ban alot of tribes. wellknown meshspots are still in use, so why arent these tribes banned yet? how hard is it for a GM to join every tribe in every server, to check the spawn beds???? 

game is broken, but GM's could compensate by banning people

Archived