ARK One Year Anniversary and Patch 242: Enter the Dragon!

Jatheish

14 minutes ago, DJGator said:

The big delay on biomes is really screwing over a lot of the player base. A huge portion of the map is unbuildable right now and a lot of players had to relocate their base in preparation for the patch. Right now we are operating out of a temporary base since our main base is within the change zone. We are sitting in limbo until this Biome patch is released. The lack of communication is pretty disheartening, especially since you told inquisitr instead of your own player base. You have tens of thousands of players playing around this biome release. We really have no point on logging in until it is released since our main base is in the change zone.

Unfortunately, as stated by TheRightHand on Reddit, Wildcard doesn't foresee themselves getting any better at the whole communication thing. They're just too busy from what I read. Sucks, but that's just the way the ball bounces. 

Edited by OnePotatoChip

2 hours ago, Wulfsige85 said:

Oh man I can not wait for when this hits the Xbox, hopefully soon.

Q) can we put armor on the Training Dummy? If no can we please, it would help with knowing how much damage your doing to each tier of armor as well as how much player/Dino does.

Next month probably and even then we wont get the event which sucks. I love the day but once ur highest rank and tamed everything u can i wouldnt mind events to keep me comin back yeah new dinos but whats that a few hours of taming then thats it shame i really like this game too. #bringeventstoxb1

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, DJGator said:

The lack of communication is pretty disheartening, especially since you told inquisitr instead of your own player base. You have tens of thousands of players playing around this biome release. We really have no point on logging in until it is released since our main base is in the change zone.

Actually they didn't "tell" Inquisitr, it was mentioned on a live Twitch Stream with some of the Devs. Inquisitr got it from that Stream, so they weren't privy to any more information than the player base that were watching the Stream too.

6 hours ago, chris24747uk said:

Next month probably and even then we wont get the event which sucks. I love the day but once ur highest rank and tamed everything u can i wouldnt mind events to keep me comin back yeah new dinos but whats that a few hours of taming then thats it shame i really like this game too. #bringeventstoxb1

I know what you mean. I'd love events on the Xbone myself, but the problem with that is that every single update for the Xbone version has to go through Microsoft's QA cert. They don't have to go through all that stuff for the PC version, which makes hosting events like this on the PC a lot easier.

If they were to do it for the Xbone, the events would most likely not make it on time due to Microsoft's QA cert, and that would make hosting, for example, seasonal events pointless, as Microsoft's QA is super slow. Plus, they don't even work weekends.

Perhaps once all the event stuff has been ported over, we could do it, but that'll take a while i reckon. They could enable some of the event things for player hosted Xbone servers so we, the admins, can host our own events, though!

2 minutes ago, MeSDatGeek said:

I know what you mean. I'd love events on the Xbone myself, but the problem with that is that every single update for the Xbone version has to go through Microsoft's QA cert. They don't have to go through all that stuff for the PC version, which makes hosting events like this on the PC a lot easier.

If they were to do it for the Xbone, the events would most likely not make it on time due to Microsoft's QA cert, and that would make hosting, for example, seasonal events pointless, as Microsoft's QA is super slow. Plus, they don't even work weekends.

Well every update take around a few days so they can send it to MS  early like cod and then get MS to release it when the event is live like say halloween on the monday before the 31st they release the event but i know we wont get event for the reason ur sayin but hopefully sometime in the future 

13 hours ago, OnePotatoChip said:

Unfortunately, as stated by TheRightHand on Reddit, Wildcard doesn't foresee themselves getting any better at the whole communication thing. They're just too busy from what I read. Sucks, but that's just the way the ball bounces. 

So they have time to goof off on reddit but not their own forums?