Community Crunch 300: Community Corner and More!

StudioWildcard

I'm sad to see how nothing is happening on ark, I love this game but sadly you're not doing anything to make people want to stay.  I've never seen another game or more than two weeks there is absolutely nothing new (like events) it's really sad to destroy a game that has such potential, listening to your community is your priority. We need more action on Ark, because there we all fall asleep.

Edited by Justine59

Its great that you showcase other people's hard work to give them the attention they deserve, it would be even better if you actually had anything at all to say about it instead of simply using images and videos it to bulk up a practically empty, meaningless post? I thought the point of community crunch was to talk about the game itself, let the community in on whats happening. The community corner should be exactly that; one corner of the post. Not the entire thing. If you dont have anything to say then why bother? Skip a week, in that case. Or post to ARKs twitter, dont worry about the word count, if its anything like the last two posts it wont be an issue 👍

i don't want to dis on wildcard so i have an idea to make Ark 1 go out with a bang. The community submits fictional creatures with their own unique abilities the only rules are they cant be boss level cant be bigger than a titanosaur and sexual  diversity is encouraged. and possibly a fan voted mod map.Its just my idea because i love the game and ive been playing since release and i would not like to see it go up in smoke i want to see it to go out with an explosion that people wont forget. WC or Ced if you see this at least take it into consideration🧐😒. 🐲

I have sky tearing for last 2 Day. Its happening Just Genesis 2, other maps normal. And this crash happening after the server crash. Im taking a picture can someone help me for this? My system enough for it, vsync öpen and i have 450 hours in ark. I neverly see this crash before. And im using drivers Latest version (WQHL). https://www.hizliresim.com/hymc383

8 hours ago, samstrofaal said:

what a comments about no evo... knowing that ark2 is coming ;) so just play and accept the buggs atm 

We been accepting bugs since the beginning. Since they made officials and the new legacy servers (not nitrado) they screw up the game . Not mentioning they letting the [][][] players play on any kind of EU or US server and let it burn by them. 

21 hours ago, PistolPappa said:

If they can't fix ark 1 what makes anyone think ark 2 will be any better

I have a theory that the scope of the game got out of hand really fast, and the foundation in which the game was built on simply can't support what it is now, so Ark 2 is an attempt to almost recreate the game from a ground up, while also getting that extra dough.

My days of being a WildCard defender are long gone, but I still have a bit of optimism IF that's the case, even if it's a scummy business practice to do so in private without acknowledging the state of their first game.

• Thanks 1

If you all are going to not allow us to use cages to tame sinos can you fix the AI on them so they are at least tameable at all. Right now I can't even tame a level 20 because I can't even get near them without them getting scared unless I crouch all the way in to 15 meters which good luck with that. I was having so much fun taming them now its just a nightmare and shoulder mounts are supposed to be an easy tame not a 2 hour or more stress fest to tame one high level.

Why no evo events? Why no info for pretty much anything in this weeks Community Crunch? The weekly community crunches used to be full of info. Any info would be amazing. Just letting us know when and why the next evo event is so far away would be awesome. Step on up Wildcard. This has got to be the worste community crunch ever in the history of Ark. Whats sad is this is #300. You guys couldn't think of anything cool to do for #300? Maybe a rare chibi? It's littlerally no sweat off y'all's backs.....

14 hours ago, Deadgamelover said:

Much love before I say this, but it's WC bro. The most incompetent dev team in recent memory. Even the big companies and their scandals don't compare. 

Ark 2 is gonna be a grift. It'll be Ark reskin named Ark 2. Much like Atlas was. How anyone still has a shred of confidence in this company is beyond me. It just speaks to how much people love the actual game. 

Through and through stone cold truth right there!  We play the game because we love the game, regardless who made it.  What don’t like is the complete utter disregard for those of us who “tested” their game and all through to the point it was now.  If any other game developing company looked at how WC developers work the first and only thing that they would say would be “DILO!?”

15 hours ago, CompleteTrueWizardry said:

I have a theory that the scope of the game got out of hand really fast, and the foundation in which the game was built on simply can't support what it is now, so Ark 2 is an attempt to almost recreate the game from a ground up, while also getting that extra dough.

My days of being a WildCard defender are long gone, but I still have a bit of optimism IF that's the case, even if it's a scummy business practice to do so in private without acknowledging the state of their first game.

If I had a quarter for every time I have thought or said this since 2016, Warren Buffet would be asking me for money making advice!  EVEN JESSE ADMITTED IT 5 YEARS AGO IN AN INTERVIEW!  He stated that they never expected Ark to take off like it did, and their original plan was only to have like 40 creatures tops before the game released…..they had almost 3x that by release day.  I don’t know the actual creature count, but that’s not the point.  I can’t agree with you more completetruewizardry, they built a Mclaren of a game but built it on a Ford Model A frame.  I swear to freakin god that if they ACTUALLY FIXED Ark 1 a instead of leaving it in the backyard dingle weeds like a redneck car lot they would see that the amount of things they can do in this game is endless.  That would make this game viable FOR MANY MORE YEARS BEYOND OTHER GAMES LIFE SPAN!  I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, rockstar has bugs in GTA (all games have bugs and glitches), but GTA is a perfect example of what an open world game should be.  Why?  Because a new GTA game takes YEARS to be developed, and when it releases it drops like a nuclear bomb because of the years of hard work rockstar developers put into it.  THAT is the model and example that WC should follow, because it works!!!

The sad part is they won’t come out and give us the low down and where they messed up, and fix it!  No it’s just easier to treat us like mushrooms,  keep us in the dark and feed us nothing but BS, and then tell us that our next meal will taste like strawberry cheesecake when we ALL know it’ll just be another hefty helping of horse crap.

To Wildcard:  You all have worked long and tirelessly hard to deliver a next level game, and we all love it.  That’s WHY we complain because we do care.  Many of us have 1k, 2k, 4K, 8k+ hours in this game over the years.  We don’t complain to make your lives miserable, or just to be whiners, we complain to bring things to your attention to make the game better and YOUR lives easier!  At least that’s why I do, but when people feel ignored and deserted they cop an attitude.  That’s simple psychology.  You guys can do better than this, you have done better.  Get the servers fixed, listen to the community and stop trying to keep adding new things into a broken situation.  A couple that has a baby to fix their relationship NEVER works out as intended, so please stop doing that!  If you guys admit the screw up and laid out a plan to fix it, I GUARANTEE we immediately have 100x more respect and admiration for the the company that made the game we all love to play!

Edited by ccz2887
Grammar

Ok as a console player I believe that you should re-add back the tether distance for consoles it may cause a little bit of issues but if we use the slider we know what we are getting into i think a little lag is better than a limited boundary and i know I’m not the only one my friends don’t  play because of it we don’t  like online servers because their overly lagged by mass amounts of building so can you please re add tether slider into ARK Survival Evolved again im begging.

On 1/22/2022 at 9:25 AM, slejo said:

You should consider making MONTHLY crunches. Maybe it could contain some news.

Then people would whine that it takes too long to get information. Its a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. Regardless though there will still be a cavalcade of entitled children screeching about not getting an EVO event every weekend while ignoring the unofficial servers because their pride won't let them drop official for some reason. I've worked with mules less stubborn than the people here I swear.