Post Patch Xbox Super High Level Wild Dinos?

Woody714

I am not sure what is going on post patch on the Xbox, but I am looking at a level 370 WILD rex east of the redwoods on Lost Island. This is single player with max diff and set at 1 (I think it is 1 and not 5)...whatever should normally give max 150 dinos).  I wonder what dododex says I need for this one, lol. I am just shy of shock tranqs by about half a level. I have  the game on pause at the moment trying to decide whether to roll back for trap supplies..I am a bit short on tranq darts...hehe.

14 minutes ago, Woody714 said:

Will she go "poof" when she tames at lvl 555?

lmao.....good news, I think SP is ok to keep it. Might wanna do a double check on your settings, there should be a "no level cap" check box in the menu, but even without it checked, you should be good.

and yeah, there is a bit of a bug going on with a magical over the top rex spawning in from time to time on lost island......Honestly if its just a single player thing, I hope they keep it in the game, however maybe limit it from being able to be used in the boss fight.......I unno, its a case of danged if you do or don't cause it will break the game like a hyper mutated giga.

39 minutes ago, Woody714 said:

I need an epic name for this one...Lara Croft? Selena? I usually save Galadriel for unicorns. 

Im guessing its female.....lemme see something

"googles a bit"

ACHELOIS: A minor moon goddess whose name means “she who washes away pain”.

Wow, that kinda hits the nail on the head for you and your new rex eh?

I went with Selena, but will consider your suggestion. I was too...worked-up to think on it any more than I did. I was thinking Melian, from The Silmarillion. She is magical and powerful, but a rex may be a bit too brutal for that name. 🙂 I could have used Roxanne...because she would appear to be an Alpha, but she didn't put on her red light. hehe

Ummmm, well... I reckon it takes super high level rexes to beat the alpha boss because, believe it or not, I just found a 370 male. That would make a breeding pair...of 554 rexes. 

I found one common thread between the two. On both occasions, I had just or recently killed a 3 spawn of allos in the same area. 

It just puts me in an awkward position. How can one not tame these. How can you just walk away, lol? Of course I have to use them or everything else was pointless. I feel sort of stun-locked...like the new dinopith in a fight with his peers.  I thought about trying to downbreed for the first time ever and lower the 75 points in food, lol. The 88 points in oxygen might actually be useful, lol. 

On 1/23/2022 at 12:55 AM, Woody714 said:

I just double checked my settings. Max Diff enabled with a slider difficulty level of 1. I was mistaken in that I thought I had single player setting enabled and I do not...just the pve.

might wanna turn that on before you get to breeding......Im kinda suprised you didn't complain about how long it took to tame those guys up.....got your settings adjusted a bit? :P

On 1/23/2022 at 2:38 AM, GP said:

The high level Rex spawns is an issue on PC. So now that consoles have caught up with the latest PC patch this means the issue will be found on consoles too. But they are looking into it.

Please, of all the bugs that needs to be "looked into" Take your time on this on for us offliners. Finding the "golden rex in the rough" is kinda inspireing right now. :P

21 hours ago, Woody714 said:

It just puts me in an awkward position. How can one not tame these. How can you just walk away, lol? Of course I have to use them or everything else was pointless. I feel sort of stun-locked...like the new dinopith in a fight with his peers.  I thought about trying to downbreed for the first time ever and lower the 75 points in food, lol. The 88 points in oxygen might actually be useful, lol. 

scuba rex vs alpha mosa, the fight we have all been waiting for. XD

Well, on the one hand I agree with you, however Id strongly urge you to try and keep some control. ;) once you get a super powered beast like that, the game can sour on you.....Just hold off on using them for anything useful till extinction. Thats when your going to actually need em!

yeah guys, in the process of learning and with frustration, in the summer of 2020 on the PS4, I played with the imprinting stats and all my dinos started one tapping everything. That was no fun. I know balance is difficult with so many variables, but as a single player with no guidance in an ambiguous game, I was honestly level 50-60 ish before I ever rode a mount or farmed berries with a dino. I kept getting hammered by raptors and losing everything. Also, this is rich, I also could not cook meat on a campfire and my first cooked meat was actually from a cooking pot in a recipe. The hint said "any fire will do", but that only applied to campfires and not the forge I tried cooking meat in, lol. I guess the charcoal and spoiled meat filled the inventory slots in the campfire and I could not figure out how to actually get fresh meat into it. 

On 1/24/2022 at 7:24 AM, wizard03 said:

....Im kinda suprised you didn't complain about how long it took to tame those guys up.....got your settings adjusted a bit? :P

As a single player with a life...yeah it's on X3 at the moment. I still have to finish The Island and then do the other maps in the story line, lol. The Island...just trying to find a decent yuty saddle for the Tek Cave...most everything else is ready to go. I expect Scorched Earth to be a breeze since I will be carrying my levels through. I don't plan to bring everything forward to help, though. I may force myself to tame boss fight level dinos and then bring my lot forward from The Island instead of breeding mutations again.

I normally use x2, but things seem different on this map...but it could be me. The times seem "off" from what I would normally use.

11 hours ago, Woody714 said:

As a single player with a life...yeah it's on X3 at the moment. I still have to finish The Island and then do the other maps in the story line, lol. The Island...just trying to find a decent yuty saddle for the Tek Cave...most everything else is ready to go. I expect Scorched Earth to be a breeze since I will be carrying my levels through. I don't plan to bring everything forward to help, though. I may force myself to tame boss fight level dinos and then bring my lot forward from The Island instead of breeding mutations again.

I normally use x2, but things seem different on this map...but it could be me. The times seem "off" from what I would normally use.

Thats actually quite fair. I thought you had it at like x60 or something, but just a light adjustment like that isn't too bad. I think mine is x2.....Never really felt like I needed to adjust it as it kinda skips the game with certain tames. {horses for example} but then again, I didn't want to spend 8 hours tameing up a theri just cause all I had was mejo's.

Fun fact, the short amount of time that I was online, this was exactly how I tamed what was supposed to be my starter parents for the boss's, but never got the second one. x.x

By the way, SE is perhaps the only map where I would strongly encourage you to try it off fresh. Aberration, extinction, gen 1/2 Bring your main over. But on SE, if you love that beginning fresh feel, you have GOT to embrace it one more time. Trust me, you will love it.
If you don't, thats fair enough. You do you, but don't try and do it on the other maps. Just go ahead and do the transfer jiggle. Aberation "might" be an exception, but it gets a whole lot of not fun super quick.

My problem has always been that I do not understand how "the system" is supposed to work. I don't know how to create multiple survivors and not lose everything. I am sort of tired of losing everything to bugs, ambiguity and (not trying to be snarky but...) poor design. The only way I know that it will work is if I make saves on removable media...seemingly very specific media configured in a special way. Furthermore, the last time I tried to make a save on Xbox, I am pretty sure it was going to override the save on the flash drive, So I was at the point where I was considering if I needed to somehow partition the drive (if possible) or investigate if I could save the drive info on a PC and reuse the drive. I really cannot buy a new stick every time I want to make a save.  

My game settings... I have played with boosting this and that but eventually settled for boosting only the resources and respawn distance. I didn't like how sparse it looked on default settings when I would farm around my base. The distance is shorter now. I boosted the harvest health a bit and the harvesting is x2.  My days are long and the nights somewhat shorter. I also boosted length of each day cycle...I would love to know if and how that affects the game in regards to taming and maturation...if at all. The boost that would foster criticism is the loot quality set to 5. I have talked about that in the past. As a single player (not checked on Lost Island just pve) , I feel one has less access to good BP and loot than if you had a tribe of 6 sharing things. I could lower it to 4, but certainly not less than 3.  I mean...a 700+ damage crossbow is awesome! Honestly, weapons in caves are iffy if you ask me. No matter what shotgun I use, the bats don't seem to care...they are a bit OP IMHO. I gave up on about 6 hours of play in the Jungle Cave after many attempts when they knocked me into lave next to the stairs leading out...with my only artifact. I went and snagged it from Crystal Isles after that. 

I would love to start fresh on Scorched...but what is the point of even ascending and gaining levels if I do? I guess I could increase my weight and farm more metal and make huge, laggy metal bases just for giggles...or tame a titan solo on a Quetz set to follow a dino that is placed across the map... using weight reducing dinos or shoulder pets to increase the weight of the Quetz by pulling say stacks of wood from a beaver after I fire the cannon just to maintain proper firing distance...but I really haven't given it much thought, lol.

I will say this though, fresh or not, I am going to try not to take that easy spawn location where you spawn next to a water vein and everything you need for a base is right there. On Lost Island, while I cried a bit at the (IMHO slightly overdone ) "you ruined yet another tame and that is 5 in a row) brutal harassment from the game, it did serve to move me across a huge and beautiful map instead of sitting tight until I could win.  That would happen on Scorched if I took that spot, lol. 

Its actually fairly easy to make a new character, and then transfer the stuff you want to your main.....Start on a new map, it asks if you want to start a new character or download an existing one, start a new character, and anytime you want to give you old main some stuff, make a box, and leave it unlocked. Then put the stuff you want to give your main in that box......upload the new survivor into the Oblisk. Download the old main, walk up to the box, retrieve the stuff you want, upload it and your old main, and there you go.

Its kinda tricky, but it is possible.

Archived