Custom crosshair

RedNova

2 minutes ago, RedNova said:

I was using a custom crosshair but someone told me that i could be ban for that so i am wondering is this is true.

If someone that he is sure about it can answer to that it could be cool.

1) Is this on an Official server? If it's not Official (which means Unofficial, private dedicated or Single Player) then you have nothing to worry about.

2) If you're on an Official... when you say custom crosshair, do you mean that you installed a mod that lets you have a custom crosshair on Official servers? If so then you might be at risk. Official servers don't support the use of any modifications.

14 hours ago, RedNova said:

Yeah i am on official and i am just using a software that place a crosshair in the middle of the screen nothing special

14 hours ago, RedNova said:

hmm sad i hate the basic one from ark

Well that's the thing about Official servers, WildCard's goal is to make sure that everyone on the Officials has the same experience, even if it's the same sad experience for everyone. You can't use any mods on Official, which is how they maintain a level playing field.

Personally, I agree that they could (and should) do a better job of offering some degree of customization in the base/Official game. There's nothing special about offering 6-8 different crosshair options so people can choose the option that feels best to them. There are plenty of games that do this (World of Tanks comes to mind, a PvP based game).

But, regardless of what I think WC should offer the simple fact is that they don't, and the use of mods on Official servers is a ban-able offense.

8 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Well that's the thing about Official servers, WildCard's goal is to make sure that everyone on the Officials has the same experience, even if it's the same sad experience for everyone. You can't use any mods on Official, which is how they maintain a level playing field.

Personally, I agree that they could (and should) do a better job of offering some degree of customization in the base/Official game. There's nothing special about offering 6-8 different crosshair options so people can choose the option that feels best to them. There are plenty of games that do this (World of Tanks comes to mind, a PvP based game).

But, regardless of what I think WC should offer the simple fact is that they don't, and the use of mods on Official servers is a ban-able offense.

Everyone can have the free software i was using so everyone can have the same experience. And there is a "Allow corsshair" option on ark that you can uncheck if you dont want the ark crosshair so that could mean you can use your own one. I dont know 

• Volunteer Moderator

2 minutes ago, RedNova said:

Everyone can have the free software i was using so everyone can have the same experience. And there is a "Allow corsshair" option on ark that you can uncheck if you dont want the ark crosshair so that could mean you can use your own one. I dont know 

Save it for the CoC appeal. 🤣

3 hours ago, RedNova said:

Everyone can have the free software i was using so everyone can have the same experience.

I understand that argument, and it would apply if this was a game that supports mods on Official servers, but it's not. Any and all mods are explicitly forbidden on Official servers so it doesn't matter whether it's free or not. If it's not built into the client then it's a banable offense.

3 hours ago, RedNova said:

And there is a "Allow corsshair" option on ark that you can uncheck if you dont want the ark crosshair so that could mean you can use your own one. I dont know 

I do know, it doesn't mean that. The only options that WildCard has approved are to use the crosshair they have provided or turn the crosshair off. They have not approved, and in fact have explicitly forbidden, the use of any other crosshairs on Official servers. Using "your own one" is a bannable offense if they find out.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm not even telling you whether I agree with them or not, you began this thread by asking a question and I'm simply answering your question, nothing more.

45 minutes ago, 60dollarsgame said:

Its not a "mod" its an overlay and it has been in the game for years 

Hacks and cheats have been around for years too, that doesn't make them legal.

The answer is (as far as I know) that anything which changes your crosshair is not legal and can get you banned. Now if you have some information that WildCard has approved the overlay that's fine, if I'm wrong about this then I'm happy to find that out. The only goal in this thread is to answer the OP's question.

Archived