Secondary food for raising Wyverns and Rockdrake babies

Ryuujin

Suggestion

Good day to everyone, I'm here to ask if there could be an update to allow wyverns and rockdrake babies to raised with a secondary food source. Currently they require only wyvern milk, primal crystal, and nameless venom. However, not many players have access to these on servers/maps that don't provide them. 

I bring this up, because after the update warning I placed all my babies into cryo pods for safety in fear of them starving to death. After the update, I was forced to download the update in order to play. However, there was a Rollback and my babies were thrown out of cryo as I was locked out while downloading the new update for a map I don't even play.

After 2 1/2 hours, my download completed and after logging in this is when I knew there was a Rollback. Sadly, because I was locked out doing the update, I couldn't get on in time to save my babies from starvation and lost multiple babies because of it. Not only I, but many other players on other maps also lost babies to being locked out of their servers on other servers and maps as well to starvation.

My suggestion is to add a secondary food source, much like how you did with magmasaurs. After you did that, their value grew in raising their babies across the board. I ask, that you allow wyvern and rockdrake babies be allowed to feed on Raw Prime Meat or Raw Prime Fish meat or Raw Mutton. This will allow wiggle room for raising the babies without removing too much of the difficulty in raising them.

Adding this feature, would give players the security of knowing they won't lose their babies to starvation because of rollbacks that automatically put the babies out of cryo...while the player is locked out due to downloading updates or just simply waiting for a server to come back online.

It was very upsetting for me to know that I lost so many babies and time raising them, simply because I couldn't log into the game/server due to something I couldn't control. I know I'm just a nobody or barely a blip in your lives. And have no real place to tell you how to run your game, but I know many players feel my pain in this regard. 

I hope you take this change in adding this second feature for raising Wyvern and Rockdrake babies into consideration. Thank you for your time and hope you have a great day or evening.... depending on when you read this. Also, sorry if it seems like I'm ranting. Once again, thank you for your time.

2 replies to this server topic

They only did it with Magmasaurs because their food is(At least realistically) tied to Astrocetus. Without Astros, you can't(Again, realistically) get Ambergris. But Wyverns obviously always spawn with other Wyverns, and Rock Drakes have only ever been on one map, and that map has the food they need. 

I think if we get Rock Drakes on Fjordur they will get an alternate taming food even if Nameless are on the map, but only time will tell. 

This suggestion is in regards to people that don't live on those maps. I live on Gen 2, which doesn't have wild wyverns to get milk from. You also can't get nameless venom either. I'm guessing you just skimmed and didn't really read the whole thing. Like most, people just read the title and make judgement from there.

Because, in the very first paragraph, I clearly state, it would be an option for players that "Don't" have access to the servers/maps that provide these food items.

Archived