Are there any gen2 servers that don't rollback frequently?

NavySeal615

My main gen 2 server 1639 suffers from constant rollbacks.  I have reported the issue many times and it doesn't seem to be getting better.  Our friends say 1541 does the same, and others in chat were saying that all gen2 servers suffer from rollbacks.

I am getting tired of losing dinos or gear due to the rollbacks.  Is there any gen2 server out there that does not suffer from rollbacks?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My suspicion about this issue is it is to do with mega bases and particularly those stuffed with dinos.  As I've noticed something of a pattern to it, the timeouts and rollbacks seem to occur at a similar time each day on the server I'm on. It seems to coincide with a few more players logging on, certain ones of those players have huge bases with every dino in solid colours out and multiple cloners running. My guess is that the server suddenly has to render in all those entities and can't handle it. 

It doesn't help much I'm afraid but I've learnt to just do stuff in my base, (craft, top up troughs, imprint etc) that won't be ruined by a 15 minute rollback when those players start logging on.  

A couple of people on the server seem to think it's people duping but I don't know about that. It always seems to be when the game has to render the massive megabases. The rest of the day it runs absolutely fine.

• 11 months later...
On 1/19/2022 at 12:04 AM, NavySeal615 said:

My main gen 2 server 1639 suffers from constant rollbacks.  I have reported the issue many times and it doesn't seem to be getting better.  Our friends say 1541 does the same, and others in chat were saying that all gen2 servers suffer from rollbacks.

I am getting tired of losing dinos or gear due to the rollbacks.  Is there any gen2 server out there that does not suffer from rollbacks?

How do you losing dinos and gear after rollback? It is happening after transfer? I never lost stuff after rollback while playing on certain server, except when i was transfering and server crashed before save.

I don't think massive amounts of dinos or a big base that is doing it. I play mostly single player and it crashes randomly. I only have one flyer and a few boxes.  I go there for loot and taming. Crashes on saves, dismount, login, node spawn, or just setting there doing nothing. 

I play on all the maps and gen2 crashes the most of all. I know you can't on multi-player but I run the saveworld command ever few minutes. 

They really need to fix this. I know they are getting flooded with crash reports. 

Archived