Favorite map and area to collect rexes?

anocelot

What are your favorite spots to find rexes? I've started running around looking to some low level tek rexes to get into breeding on Official PvE and my current favorite spot is circling around on The Center's volcano island with a wyvern and killing rexes until I see some tek. I've also heard the lunar area on Gen 1 is great but unfortunately I don't have that DLC to try that out. What are your favorite areas to find rexes, either high level ones for stats or some lower level ones to breed out the useless stats.

6 hours ago, Rumackay said:

The new map (lost island) has a good spot at the base of the snow ruins. The little lake next to the big cave always has a couple there. Kill the low level ones, fly out of render, fly back and there's usually a couple more. The cave also makes a great spot to set up a trap, kite and tame in peace

I've been looking for good Rexes on Lost Island for a week now without luck. So I want to check the spots you mentioned. I know the snow ruins , but are unsure what lake you are referring to. Do you maybe have co-ords for that lake you mention please.

11 hours ago, anocelot said:

What are your favorite spots to find rexes? I've started running around looking to some low level tek rexes to get into breeding on Official PvE and my current favorite spot is circling around on The Center's volcano island with a wyvern and killing rexes until I see some tek. I've also heard the lunar area on Gen 1 is great but unfortunately I don't have that DLC to try that out. What are your favorite areas to find rexes, either high level ones for stats or some lower level ones to breed out the useless stats.

honestly anywhere....Island, SE, rag.....the thing about the lunar biome in gen is that you can also scan it if you don't have any mods or are on console. Make sure the rex is dead center of your screen, hold the select button, and then let go to let HLN-A to go scan it to get the stats.......sadly the stats are more in line with the inventory stats instead of incubator stats, but hey. Useful info is still useful!

16 hours ago, anocelot said:

What are your favorite spots to find rexes?

I have had a lot of luck with both Tek and normal rex's on Valgeiro. From the green Obi up left (or North West) to the top of the sea, and then in an arc going down the edge of the sea. There is one deep quarry around the middle of the map just off the coast of the sea that invariably has a bunch of Rex's. And again around some the lakes to the top right of the top of the ocean. Kinda like the spawn map on the wikkie :)

19 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

I have had a lot of luck with both Tek and normal rex's on Valgeiro. From the green Obi up left (or North West) to the top of the sea, and then in an arc going down the edge of the sea. There is one deep quarry around the middle of the map just off the coast of the sea that invariably has a bunch of Rex's. And again around some the lakes to the top right of the top of the ocean. Kinda like the spawn map on the wikkie :)

I have found quite a few low level tek rexes on Valguero, unfortunately they always seem to try and attack whatever is max level nearby :(

Level 18 tek rexes unfortunately don't last too long against 20 beavers, max level brontos, or packs of allos.

5 hours ago, wizard03 said:

honestly anywhere....Island, SE, rag.....the thing about the lunar biome in gen is that you can also scan it if you don't have any mods or are on console. Make sure the rex is dead center of your screen, hold the select button, and then let go to let HLN-A to go scan it to get the stats.......sadly the stats are more in line with the inventory stats instead of incubator stats, but hey. Useful info is still useful!

Yeah. every time I've downed a rex under level 25 I still have to check dododex to see if any stat is 0 and using HLN-A would definitely save on a few tranqs.

11 hours ago, Wikus said:

I've been looking for good Rexes on Lost Island for a week now without luck. So I want to check the spots you mentioned. I know the snow ruins , but are unsure what lake you are referring to. Do you maybe have co-ords for that lake you mention please.

The map isn't real accurate but the little lake around 32/32

Archived