Need help with base defense ideas (PVE)

Nikoli

I recently moved to a new base location in lost island and it is nice and I made a giant spike wall completely surrounding the base and it keeps out the smaller dangers in the area like raptors and carnos affectively but rexes are a problem as they are everywhere and can just storm over it and if it wasn't for my snow owl and dinopithecus being so good my creatures would have died so does anybody have recommendations on what to do whether it be tame creatures, build more or something else.

Depends if you want aesthetics or just function.

If you want something to just do the job then dino gates are easy to make and cover a area quickly, they will keep out most dinos. 

Fence foundations and large stone walls (the 4 high walls) are another option.

You can create a pillar wall, leaving a gap between to keep large dinos out but wont work on small.

Or if you don't want to build, just have a dozen plant z in crop plots on the roof set to high range and wild only, maybe a couple of heavies if you can too.

If its aesthetics you want then your imagination is mostly the only limit (if you exclude arks awful building mechanics 😛)

14 hours ago, Nikoli said:

I recently moved to a new base location in lost island and it is nice and I made a giant spike wall completely surrounding the base and it keeps out the smaller dangers in the area like raptors and carnos affectively but rexes are a problem as they are everywhere and can just storm over it and if it wasn't for my snow owl and dinopithecus being so good my creatures would have died so does anybody have recommendations on what to do whether it be tame creatures, build more or something else.

honestly a few heavy turrets could do the job. You might also upgrade to metal spikes. I use them on extinction to defend supply drops and they seem to be invincible. But might also be my settings or such.

Archived