Gen 1....possibly the wrost map?

wizard03

So I decided to goof off in gen 1 for a couple days now. Sadly lost island is still a lost cause. I didn't even get the full screen loaded in before I died....apparently I fell right through the ground. Goodbye ascendent crossbow and purple thylo chibi.

I pondered if the other maps are all screwy, and decided why not. I will start a new character and go to gen 1. Even if I fall through the map, I won't loose anything. Apparently I got a bad taste in my mouth and wasted time. First of all, the bog biome is the worst place to be. Period. Raptors? check. Sarco's? check. Killer bugs? Double check. Parasaur, lystrosaurs, heck even dodo's??? Nothing. Bog is full of crude, no hope.....Ok screw it, I will go to the snow biome. I know its a killer, but I know the ways of the snow. Sure enough, got the base down, campfire's burning, and a lone wolf that got stuck in between a couple rocks. Just a sling shot and 60 stones and our first tame was out for a nap. Heck, even tamed it up on mutton, perfect.

Things was going great, got the beginning game down pat, only died 9000 times, but each one resulted in a step closer to the most important tame of the game. Finally I was ready.....I set forth in search and found it. The most beautiful argentavis I have ever seen. Perfect snow white, gliding along the skylines, it was a thing of beauty. Sure it was only a level 20, but it was perfect.
Built my trap, almost missed the opportunity due to a saber, but then it targeted my wolf instead of me, and I was able to focus long enough to catch my bird, and then tell the wolf to deal with the trash who interrupted me.

The tame took some time, but the effort to get a saddle took longer. Being in the snow biome means no bugs for chitin, thus I had to make do with keratin. I put the saddle on the bird to take flight to home and....."fliers not allowed.".....

See the source image

Ok, here we go again. Aberration was a bloody mess due to the lack of fliers, but maybe we can work this out. Ill do the ice fishing challenge and maybe it will help out.
A bloody cloth hat and a saddle for a tapajera.....lets try beta......a wooden shield and cloth boots.......have not tried alpha....
Granted, on the one hand it is a super easy mission, practically requires you just to be able to equip fur clothing, but beyond that, push buttons. So Im ok to meh on this one.

Ok, since Im going to be on foot, lets see if I can get a yuty........well can you see it? CAN YOU SEEE EEEEEET?!?!?!?!?
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wizardo3/video/150521752

This is NOT what I saw, this is not even close to what I saw. I saw absolutely NOTHING but pure blinding unimaginable free lazer eye surgery, white! The occasional ghost of a grey from time to time is the only thing I could pretend to use as an abstract to the pure white that blinded my eye's........I tried to turn down gamma on both the game and tv, but then I would lose those "ghost" images.
And half of the map the snow biome is permanently covered in this blinding white, with missions Iv got to do in those mess's...

If this was an occasional snow storm, ok. Im down with this. Hunker down, wait it out, good to go after it passes......but to permanently cover an entire area with this? Good lord oh mighty!
-------------------------------

Im not even max level or to the point in time where I could "properly" rate or review this map, but let me tell you, I absolutely think this sucks at this point in time. Granted other maps need TLC right now, but after the eye cancer, I think Im out of ark till the lost island gets fixed proper. x.x

• 2 weeks later...

Archived