Community Crunch 299: Holiday Loot Winners, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

40 minutes ago, slejo said:

Oh maan..

You seem to lose yourself a bit in reality. Ark is a video game, not a full time hard job. It is supposed to be an adventure, it is supposed to bring pleasure and relaxation while at the same time thinking, solving problems of economy or developing agility and dexterity. What you think is the essence of the Ark is quite the opposite of what I believe. Its about the community!

If you show me unofficial cluster with stable community, with so many people connected as official one, i will be happy to play unofficial. Its community attracts me to official cluster, not your full time grindy job.

But our talk is a waste of time. Titan! To work!

Not all games are easy. Not all games are going to be a relaxing walk in the park. Look at the soulsborne series, look at the original monster hunter, look at the less forgiving maps in Ark. Is it a job? Lol, god no. But it's not meant to be a cake walk. And ah yes, the community. The community of pillar spamming beach bob hunting savages that like to block off vital resources and obelisks and seem to adore trying to make it nigh impossible to play.  The community on official is as much as cesspit on official as it is unofficial and it's the rare or dedicated server that avoids that. In addition to playing official I run an unofficial cluster that's been up for years and while a majority of the community I've built is quite pleasant to be around and have been with my cluster for most of those years there will always be those that try to bring the worst aspects of the game into an otherwise peaceful society. With those sorts though I have the luxury of being able to either course correct the bad actors or boot them if they refuse to play ball and act like decent people. As for the matter of time wasting I've got nothing but time to waste, there's a blizzard outside of my home snowing everyone in.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

On 1/15/2022 at 5:33 PM, Deadgamelover said:

This is the main problem with this game. All the people who rush go defend the clownery at wildcard don't play offical, it's hilarious to me. Imagine being a game and unofficial servers being the only thing worth playing. 

It could all be fixed if whoever owns this company forced the devs to play offcial for a few months. Lol, bet my bottom dollar a lot of problems would clear up super fast. 

I'm saying that there shouldn't be official. Wildcard isn't the only one who can't manage their own servers. If you have played fallout 76, then you know that developers should not be running servers. I have played both official and unoffical. In my personal experience, the problems that I had on official were not present on unoffical. Also as far as cheaters are concerned, I never denied that they don't exist on unoffical. I simply stated that the owners of servers that care about their servers will ban them. I'm not defending wildcard by saying play on unoffical. What I am doing is offering a very valid suggestion to people whom are clearly very upset about the state of official servers.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:51 PM, Tylanater said:

people didn't learn to level, they added OP notes to the game to get level 70 in two minutes also aided by the fact that they doubled all rates permanently twice now. The game has permanent 4x rates and people still cry everytime there's not a 2x weekend. Go play unofficial or call of duty if you want 0 grinding in a survival game

I personally dont mind grinding... I just hate raising on 1x. At the end of the day its still a game and IMO taking 8-9 real life days to raise a giga or tuso to full imprint is still a little too long. If you have the time to do that and still enjoy the game, congrats to you. Some of us have real life commitments but would still like to exist on official servers. Stop acting like we dont all benefit from boosted rates... Even you.

21 hours ago, Utfilthy said:

I personally dont mind grinding... I just hate raising on 1x. At the end of the day its still a game and IMO taking 8-9 real life days to raise a giga or tuso to full imprint is still a little too long. If you have the time to do that and still enjoy the game, congrats to you. Some of us have real life commitments but would still like to exist on official servers. Stop acting like we dont all benefit from boosted rates... Even you.

I mean I don't disagree that breeding takes too long but people are crying over no 2x evo weekend when we just got out of constant 3x. There was always 0% chance of evo this weekend lol. The evo weekends rarely have breeding bonuses anyways.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, loudplatipus said:

last time for the vote they had the deinopithicus's dosseir ready the community crunch after the vote were are they now. can we get them next community crunch.

Last time they had dossiers prepared for the top two contenders because they were so closely tied and the vote lasted for a longer period (at least if I recall correctly). That said the hype was also far bigger because this was the first time the player base had an active say in what we got so there's also a chance they had skeletons of dossiers prepared for all ten contenders when the voting was at its height.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:11 PM, Tylanater said:

only reason breeding is slow is because people like the infinite grind. There was only supposed to be 20/20 mutations and it was a bug that you could go beyond. However people didn't want them to change it so they didn't thus creating an infinite breeding grind. What they should do is nerf breeding to what it was inteded, 20/20 mutations which would cut back on the grind significantly and also fix the balance issues of having 2k+melee gigas, manas, stalkers etc. But of course all the same people would complain about that.

Youre kidding right?  Breeding chances: roughly 1/200 is what your chances are for getting the mutation u want.  Thats excluding when u roll a double mutation that f's you over for that 200.  Now throw time into redoing or rebreeding the new 1 if its the wrong gender.  Now do all that 40x.  Now consider the boss dinos u NEED to breed take at least 2 days to be ready to mate again...Does no one see how absurd that is?  Breeding in this game is absurd.  Even combined all the other grinds in this game dont even come close to how much time breeding takes...And thats not even considering the hunt for good tames to start the process.

Idk about you, but any game that literally stonewalls you for over a month at the end of the game before you can finish it is poorly designed to me.  U can dominate the map, get a great base, and great "wild" tames...Just be finished with the map basically...And then you have to drop everything in the game because u hit a stonewall with the bosses and you need to breed over a month just to finish it.  As stated its very tedious, absurdly so, and its a real killjoy.  I like basically all the other rates (Taming needs a lil boost), so im not a grind hater.  I just HATED going coma zombie breeding dinos.  I boosted the crap out of it and it took me a year or more to breed 40 mutation boss dinos.  That was mainly to do with just losing all joy for the game, causing me to take more than 1 hiatus.

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2022 at 8:51 PM, Tylanater said:

people didn't learn to level, they added OP notes to the game to get level 70 in two minutes also aided by the fact that they doubled all rates permanently twice now. The game has permanent 4x rates and people still cry everytime there's not a 2x weekend. Go play unofficial or call of duty if you want 0 grinding in a survival game

If the game has a permanent 4x rate explain why u only pick up 1 stone the rates never permanently went up they are still 1x

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, DemonLord6364 said:

If the game has a permanent 4x rate explain why u only pick up 1 stone the rates never permanently went up they are still 1x

2016: 

2020:

For immersion reasons, you will always gather 1 stone unless the gathering rates are dynamically increased (for example, during Evo Events, etc). This was even confirmed by Dollie (or is that not Dollie? -- I'm not too sure 🤔) on twitter:

In conclusion, you are correct when you say; "they are still 1x". However, that "1x" is 4 times what it used to be.

To all the the people complaining about the evo event, don't play on official if you can't handle the one times, been playing 1x official from ab release to a little before extinction then switched to 3x boosted smalls then back to official, its not that hard, again if you have other commitments, understandable cause people have lives, but you shouldn't be playing about the game mode that you chose to play on. Am I disappointed there's no Evo event, Of course! I was really looking forward to some taming and raising, but what I'm not going to do is sit around and cry like a baby when the devs are most likely busy with other stuff, I'm gonna get the grind on regardless, even with midterms approaching.