Community Crunch 299: Holiday Loot Winners, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

4 hours ago, xXxDeimos said:

Sandbox game, survival part was removed a few years ago when everyone learned how to level and the order to tame.  Not much of a sandbox when its just a dirty grind that messes up when they reboot the servers for the upteenth time over the weekend when most people are on.  But you keep collecting your single stone and being content :)

What does leveling and taming has to do with survival? So you think staying lvl 1 and no taming is the only one making survival game. lol

Edited by Luewen

4 hours ago, Luizza said:

Not everyone got to play over xmas - some ppl have family commitments, was hoping for an evo event to start playing lost island - and I agree there shouldn't be any evo events tbh, it should be boosted all of the time, or very consistently over the weekends.

Just makes ppl who miss those events not want to play, and those who do catch them just miss them when they don't come again for a while.

If you dont have to time during events its not wildcards problem. You are in no way entitled to have evo events just when it fits you. If you want evo event when you have time to playe, you can go play unofficial with boosted rates or make your own server.

And matter of fact is that if the rates were constantly boosted as normal the ppl would whine for evo events again. We have already seen that 2 times so far with each of the base rate doubling.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Luizza said:

and I agree there shouldn't be any evo events tbh, it should be boosted all of the time, or very consistently over the weekends.

It has been permanently boosted twice over the years, so really it already is boosted all of the time.

and I agree there shouldn't be any evo events tbh, it should be boosted all of the time, or very consistently over the weekends.

Very consistently over the weekends would just be consistent EVO events, which contradicts what you said about there shouldn't be any evo events. 🤷‍♂️

Not everyone got to play over xmas - some ppl have family commitments, was hoping for an evo event to start playing lost island - and I agree there shouldn't be any evo events tbh, it should be boosted all of the time, or very consistently over the weekends.

Just makes ppl who miss those events not want to play, and those who do catch them just miss them when they don't come again for a while.

I played a server where the admins wanted to have a 2x boost button applied for the leadership of tribes, which would mean they could have 24 hours of it across the week, but you would be in control of it in 8 12 or 24 hour chunks.  For me that sort of thing rather than an EVO event would be so much better.

Is all people do in the comments complain, when there's no Evo event people get mad and even when there is an Evo event then people still get mad because taming too low or why is imprinting not on there etc. and then everyone starts blaming wildcard just because they did not get what they wanted. Like could we for once thank wildcard for making an amazing game.

Edited by Ofren

7 hours ago, Tylanater said:

people didn't learn to level, they added OP notes to the game to get level 70 in two minutes also aided by the fact that they doubled all rates permanently twice now. The game has permanent 4x rates and people still cry everytime there's not a 2x weekend. Go play unofficial or call of duty if you want 0 grinding in a survival game

One thing I don't get. I know rates have gone up a few times, but if its permanently 4x, how come I still only pick up 1 stone. 

Was it only the xp rates that was increased? 

1 hour ago, GP said:

It has been permanently boosted twice over the years, so really it already is boosted all of the time.

Very consistently over the weekends would just be consistent EVO events, which contradicts what you said about there shouldn't be any evo events. 🤷‍♂️

I didn't contradict myself, I offered up 2 suggestions to remedy the 'feels bad' element of a no EVO weekend (in fact I offered up 3 suggestions).

And yes I know rates have been increased over time, everyone does. Taming and breeding STILL feel like they take too long.

It also doesn't alter the fact that things take 3x longer to do than they did a couple of weeks ago and that feels bad, especially since 3x is still nowhere near as an easy grind as stryders made gen2 and a lot of people are coming directly from there to start a new map.

8 hours ago, xXxDeimos said:

Sandbox game, survival part was removed a few years ago when everyone learned how to level and the order to tame.  Not much of a sandbox when its just a dirty grind that messes up when they reboot the servers for the upteenth time over the weekend when most people are on.  But you keep collecting your single stone and being content :)

If you want (not need mind you; want) a buff to resources and breeding that badly then don't play official, find a unofficial server with rate boosts to your liking or rent one. There's practically no reason at all to sit around being angry that a game company isn't constantly handing out something that literally is not required for game functionality in the slightest. You have the tools at your disposal to exit the situation you find unfavorable, use them. Seriously, watching you guys harp on this all the time is like watching someone get mad that the supermarket's not selling the exact amount of ground beef you want when there's a butcher shop that sells by the pound right next door.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

30 minutes ago, Ofren said:

Is all people do in the comments complain

Please defer to the image posted thusly.

13 minutes ago, JS2 said:

A bat, a bat won creature vote. You PVE  girls another useless tame smh 

Well what would you have suggested? The ideas posted seemed pretty well geared for pvp

IMG_4473.PNG

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Vnm said:

One thing I don't get. I know rates have gone up a few times, but if its permanently 4x, how come I still only pick up 1 stone. 

Was it only the xp rates that was increased? 

Stones are always 1 pickup for base rates, they only increase with EVO events.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Luizza said:

I didn't contradict myself, I offered up 2 suggestions to remedy the 'feels bad' element of a no EVO weekend (in fact I offered up 3 suggestions).

You said there shouldn't be any evo events, then you suggested the rates should be boosted consistently over the weekend.

Well when rates are boosted at the weekend that is an EVO event, regardless of whether it is consistent or not. So the fact you say rates should be boosted every weekend contradicts you saying there shouldn't be any EVO events.

9 minutes ago, GP said:

You said there shouldn't be any evo events, then you suggested the rates should be boosted consistently over the weekend.

Well when rates are boosted at the weekend that is an EVO event, regardless of whether it is consistent or not. So the fact you say rates should be boosted every weekend contradicts you saying there shouldn't be any EVO events.

I feel you're nitpicking because you don't like the point of my feedback / suggestions or maybe just having a bad day? No idea why we're filling the thread up with this 'fluff'.

I said my bit, no EVO event weekends feels bad, taming and breeding take too long, I gave multiple suggestions, clearly not all can be at the same time, that's obvious.

There is no need for me to keep reiterating my feedback again just 'cos u have trouble understanding multiple points / suggestions which obviously can't be implemented at the same time. Sigh.

2 hours ago, Ofren said:

Is all people do in the comments complain, when there's no Evo event people get mad and even when there is an Evo event then people still get mad because taming too low or why is imprinting not on there etc. and then everyone starts blaming wildcard just because they did not get what they wanted. Like could we for once thank wildcard for making an amazing game.

Very well said mate I was looking for that one positive comment that wasn't some child whining because they have nothing better to do😂

Also on a side note big up Raasclark and Captain Fatdog both immensely talented creators.

10 hours ago, Luizza said:

P R E A C H. I missed the entire Love Evolved event last year when I suddenly broke my leg that week. It was painful and depressing. 

This grind is just getting ridiculous man.. we literally look for the Evo events on weekends simply for breeding and taming like who decided it would be cool for a 156 tek stego to take 3 hrs and 18 min. To tame talk about a waste of my life ill go to unofficial and instant tame and talk to admins that care and actually manage the game unlike WC you're ORP servers are forgotten 😢 this game is getting more broken with the crappy updates you guys bring like how'd you mange to screw up the whole map on every map its literally unusable then dropped 6 patches after Christmas to fix it and still nothing lol 

Nothing about the massive errors of Lost island. Nothing about the winner of the Fjördur creature votes, the desmodus draculae. Nothing about the carcharodontosaurus. Nothing about Ark 2 or the series... wow, literally nothing. Seriously sometimes I feel like a fool to continue playing their game, not only because it is unplayable but also because you treat us, your livelihood, like garbage. Not even an apology for the mistakes on Lost Island, I would have been very happy with that. Honestly i only keep playing Ark because I grew up with it and I spent a lot of money.

For the lackluster community crunch we've been given this week, better you would not have bothered to publish it, since this says absolutely nothing.

17 hours ago, Luizza said:

The love event should be coming up in about 1 month !! Fear not!!