Community Crunch 299: Holiday Loot Winners, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

This week we'll take a look at what's going on in the community corner as we focus our efforts on performance-related issues on Lost Island and upcoming content.  If you missed the Fjordur Creature Vote winner, you can find out more here.  

We've reached out to all the winners of the #ARKXMasLoot giveaway🎁!  Thank you for participating and sharing your Winter Wonderland experiences!

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There will be no EVO event this week.

communitycorner.png

clipsvideos.png

Creator: Raasclark

Are you still trying to find your bearings on Lost Island?  Check out Raasclark's survivor's guide to Lost Island!

Creator: Captain Fatdog

Back with another video in the popular 'How to Build a Trap' series, captain fatdog takes on the iconic T-Rex!

fanart_2.png

Fear The Reaper by Robinson Vronti

download (30).jpg\

Cynder Drake by arcticthefoxwing

download (31).jpg

Mr Hops by CoalTrevelyan

download (33).jpg

Untitled by ЯРЫК#6700

SPOILER__3.2.jpg

Moschops vs Rex Airbrush by Garron24(tulpa)#9620

20220114_150704.jpg

Accidental Territory Breach by @FossilFracas

FI7xbSwXMAMmgCO.jpg

screen.png

Chogono

download (32).jpg

Have a wonderful weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

2 minutes ago, Tylanater said:

constant 3x ended like a week ago lol crybabys like this are why there shouldn't be any evo events at all

Sandbox game, survival part was removed a few years ago when everyone learned how to level and the order to tame.  Not much of a sandbox when its just a dirty grind that messes up when they reboot the servers for the upteenth time over the weekend when most people are on.  But you keep collecting your single stone and being content :)

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Tylanater said:

constant 3x ended like a week ago lol crybabys like this are why there shouldn't be any evo events at all

Not everyone got to play over xmas - some ppl have family commitments, was hoping for an evo event to start playing lost island - and I agree there shouldn't be any evo events tbh, it should be boosted all of the time, or very consistently over the weekends.

Just makes ppl who miss those events not want to play, and those who do catch them just miss them when they don't come again for a while.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, xXxDeimos said:

Sandbox game, survival part was removed a few years ago when everyone learned how to level and the order to tame.  Not much of a sandbox when its just a dirty grind that messes up when they reboot the servers for the upteenth time over the weekend when most people are on.  But you keep collecting your single stone and being content :)

people didn't learn to level, they added OP notes to the game to get level 70 in two minutes also aided by the fact that they doubled all rates permanently twice now. The game has permanent 4x rates and people still cry everytime there's not a 2x weekend. Go play unofficial or call of duty if you want 0 grinding in a survival game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

MMmmmm, chasing Ark players away seems to be the norm amongst these youngsters now a days!. Soon there will be NO one playing the damn  game but these guys who attack other for having an opinion!!!!!. I for one will NOT be buying Ark2 because of the server issues, lag and crashes!!. Some of us could not even play during the event because of server crashing every 5 minutes!!. And NO!!. I will NOT go and play on a damn private server @ Tylanater!!!. I prefer official!!!

;).......

17 minutes ago, Tylanater said:

people didn't learn to level, they added OP notes to the game to get level 70 in two minutes also aided by the fact that they doubled all rates permanently twice now. The game has permanent 4x rates and people still cry everytime there's not a 2x weekend. Go play unofficial or call of duty if you want 0 grinding in a survival game

It's not about levelling, it's about taming, breeding and resource collection.

I love the game but even on 3x rates taming and breeding is still painfully, painfully slow, especially if you've been playing for years and raising rexes is something you simply have to do, not something filled with wonder and joy. I'm not scared of effort, I know the pain of breeding gigas on 4hr randomised imprints without cryos. Been there done that, I know how to grind, but these days the waiting is just tedious. Now I want to enjoy the new map without feeling like it would all be better if I just waited until next week. Better rates make a huge difference when something takes hours or days.

Either permanently boost rates... again, or make evo events consistent like they used to be.

Scared of server performance probs? then make the event in the middle of the week to encourage old timers who cba to wait hours for tames or babies to be born anymore to play when server pop is lower.

Edited by Luizza

only reason breeding is slow is because people like the infinite grind. There was only supposed to be 20/20 mutations and it was a bug that you could go beyond. However people didn't want them to change it so they didn't thus creating an infinite breeding grind. What they should do is nerf breeding to what it was inteded, 20/20 mutations which would cut back on the grind significantly and also fix the balance issues of having 2k+melee gigas, manas, stalkers etc. But of course all the same people would complain about that.

Edited by Tylanater

How is this Crunch even.... anything? This is just another example of Cedclown doing jack. No EVO, and then.... no anything else. No news, no updates on anything, no apologies for yet again not bothering to tackle the cheating that is becoming a bigger part of this game than the actual game now...

The brainstorming session this week:
"Hey - here's a GREAT idea for a Community Crunch... let's give them nothing and tell them nothing then just re-post some links to stuff we had nothing to do with creating and call it a win!"

How this charlatan continues to draw a pay-cheque baffles me. You can't even ask him questions any more cos as soon as you do he ignores you then you're blocked for not sucking up like a fanboi...