Game Needs Difficulty Balancing

ChadR

Suggestion

I can overlook the numerous bugs but the difficulty balance of the official servers is absurd. Essentially if you play by the default settings of the game it will be too hard for 90% players out there. The dinosaur density is way too high. It’s bad enough when you are attacked by something you don’t see and you’re trying to deal with it but then you get adds. So on top of already trying to deal with this level 150 ant that is trying to kill you you now have a Dilo and Tradoon that dogpile you. So you think hey maybe my trained level 150 Dilo will be able to help me. Nope, he’s too slow. So you die, then you go back to get your hard earned gear such as a crossbow and now all the dinosaurs and bugs are camping your dead spawn. The only thing that saved this game for me and made my purchase worth it is the fact that I can run a single player game and adjust the difficulty settings to something that is reasonable. Even with the extensive software defects the game is very fun once you adjust the difficulty levels. Just seems astounding to me that the base game unadjusted only appeals to a very small small player base and it’s basically unplayable for the rest of us . I wonder how many people shelf this game without trying to adjust it and make it playable. If this were my game that I was trying to market I would try and have it appeal to a larger player base.

5 replies to this server topic

I think your problem is expecting one dilo to be able to save you from all the dangers of the ark lol. Get some better weapons and armor, better/more tames, and this becomes a mostly non-issue as you slowly move away from early game. I will admit official needs some work and is incredibly tedious, especially solo, but I dont think this is something that needs tweaking personally.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, ChadR said:

I wonder how many people shelf this game without trying to adjust it and make it playable.

The only reason I stuck with the game more than a single night was the fact that I died every time I turned around.

I refused to let the game win.

Welcome to the food chain. This is what you get when you throw a naked human into a very hostile environment filled with predators and territorial beasts masquerading as people. Official is meant to be your mad fight to claw your way up to the top of the heap. Everything with pointy teeth wants to kill you, the weather is an uncaring and cruel force that will debilitate or outright annihilate you depending on the map, and unless you're playing PvE even other humans view you as little more than meat, slave labor, or a potential threat to be crushed. If you want to survive then do as our early mammalian ancestors did: scavenge, hide, and flee from any and every sign of danger until one day you're strong enough to kick in the teeth of anything that so much as looks at you funny. It'll take a while, you will likely die dozens or even hundreds of times, but if you play your cards right you can eventually become king sh1t of fvck mountain. Just don't expect the climb to the top not to be filled with jagged rocks and horrible little gremlins that seem to have nothing better to do than constantly try to smash and pry your fingers off of the ledges.

Archived