Post Jan 5 Patch (342.2) Spawning Issues

solarsnowfall

After the Jan 5 update I've noticed a few issues finding things on the map. This is after spending several hours searching and and performing a dino wipe. Our suspicion is that these issues may be related to the "overspawning" adjustments made in that patch.

After combing the redwoods with Snow Owl for several hours across multiple days we haven't found a single hive that wasn't empty. What's more, we never seem to find more than about a dozen hives across the entire redwoods biome. Hives on the map seem to be extremely rare, queen bees vanishingly so. According to the wiki there is a cluster of potential spawns west of the redwoods but we've never seen any there at all. We lost all of the hives we built ramps to after the update. Knowing this sometimes happens we want to tame a queen bee. There just don't seem to be any on the map.

We've also noticed that Argentavis seem to stop spawning on the various mountains around the map after clearing them out. We're trying to find high levels for breeding, we'll hit up one mountain, clear them, leave and return and maybe get one or two sets of respawns before they just stop coming back. We'll check back the next day and there still won't be any. We move to the next location, rinse and repeat, and before long Argentavis are virtually extinct on the map.

We run a dedicated server, no mods, no config settings that affect spawns or spawn rates. Anybody else noticing similar issues?

I have seen this with alphas. It takes a super long time if ever for alphas to respawn.

We are having a terrible time getting spinos to spawn. I have tried all the tricks but still no spinos. Would't really care that much but need the sails for the beta boss. 

I sure hope they fix this spawning problem soon.

Archived