LowLevelFatalError Netconnection or Error 516 is driving me crazy.

ImitationGold

1039597483_TheUE4-ShooterGameGamehascrashedandwillclose1_11_20224_00_34PM.png.b59104c754150936c5a9e46217736300.png

I've been getting this error every time I try to join a server, modded, unmodded, unofficial, or official, doesn't matter. Single player works fine
I have verified File integrity several times and reinstalled. even reinstalled steam and deleted all other games.

I have researched and assumed this problem was due to network but my game worked just fine when i played 4 or so months ago, and nothing has changed in that time. I live in the U.S., Charlotte so nothing should be restricted.

-I've changed my dns
-I've reset my modem and Router
-I've reinstalled all maps
-I've accepted all cookies in my settings (They were already this way though)
-I've tried joining a server with no mods on default settings

NOTHING works. and I'm at a loss, please for the love of god someone tell me there's some kind of a fix.

Might be a suggestion to try replacing your network card or if its an onboard network port buying a separate card and trying that, just because hardware 'worked' 4 or more months ago doesn't mean to say it will still work now. It could be your network cable, modem or router that developed a fault. Other sure fire way to discover if its you or your hardware is if you know someone who plays ARK and can log on and start the game on their PC ok then its a hardware issue, else its an in game character issue if you still have a problem.

On 1/12/2022 at 10:43 AM, DidiThatHurt said:

Might be a suggestion to try replacing your network card or if its an onboard network port buying a separate card and trying that, just because hardware 'worked' 4 or more months ago doesn't mean to say it will still work now. It could be your network cable, modem or router that developed a fault. Other sure fire way to discover if its you or your hardware is if you know someone who plays ARK and can log on and start the game on their PC ok then its a hardware issue, else its an in game character issue if you still have a problem.

My internet works completely fine. I use Lan and it still gives me the error. every game i've ever played works smoothly online, checked right after ark refused to cooperate.

Unfortunately I cannot check in with someone here who can play on a pc because it's just me.

how can it be a character issue if I can't get into a server? It crashes mid loading screen. I've tried several servers, modded, unmodded, unofficial, official, you name it. Noone seems to be having this problem but it can't be my hardware, everything else functions without error, I can load any other online game or app without ANY problems.

anything else?

• 2 weeks later...

I been having this exact same error after returning to the game after like a year I have tried updating bios, verifying game files, reinstalled the game like 5 times. Looked everywhere on reddit, steam and YouTube. Tried everything and nothing works. The only different thing I can think of is that I'm running Windows 11 and thats about it. 

Archived