Which are the creatures you didn't tame for a long time and...

DomiDarko

...you might won't even ever tame again and why?

For me it's the following:

• Electrophorus, Microraptors, Purlovias, Diplodocuses, Voidwyrms, Kaprosuchuses, Titanosaurs, Astrocetuses, Araneos, Onycs, Arthropleuras, Pegomastax': for me, as a PVE player, they are totally useless and even on PVP some of them seem to never be tamed

• Plesiosaur & Mosasaur: they aren't worth the darts, kibble & narcotics in my opinion. They aren't immune to Cnidarias as well.

• Megachelon: super annoying to tame and why risking your semi-aquatic base when every stupid little creature aggros on the Megachelon?

• Liopleurodon: honestly, who the crap tames these nowadays? They are limited tames, very rare to find and not worth it just for a bit of a lootcrate-change.

• Pelagornis: a raft, a chair, a club for penguin-polymer and a fishing rod are easier to get and cost no food!

• Troodon: just not worth the annoying taming method.

• Titanoboa: they were worth it when their eggs were super rare to find but nowadays it's just less effort to get the same quality eggs from an Argentavis or a Moschops

• Pulmonoscorpius: most of the time they kill the creatures you wanna tame before they knock them out

• Sarcosuchus: after my last 3 tamed ones died of a glitch where they instantly died while getting from water onto land they are a no-no. Did Wildcard fix this?

• Sabertooth: I'd rather tame a pack of Direwolves for the pack bonus and their sniffing-ability

• Phoenix: too rare and too tedious to tame this creature. Smelts metal as fast as a refining forge but can hold less and can starve...

• Pachycephalosaurus: too squishy and they lost their goat sounds which at least made them something to laugh about :D

• Megaloceros: why tame these for just thatch when you can have the 3-in-1 Stegosaurus which is also a very viable fighter?

• Dimetrodon: the torpor drop is just too extreme and they need more space than air conditioners

Lets see....I think sarco. Granted, GREAT movement speed in the water, blargh stats for ocean and land creature.

pego....It was an accident, I swear!
any PvP creature. Honestly, useless in solo mode.
horse......too hard to tame early game, why even bother late game?
ovis......they used to be usefull when they gave the daedon more food stat than prime, but now dodo kibble is best. x.x

Have to admit, anymore its "parasaur, stego or mammoth, maybe raptors, anky, doedicuris, maybe ptera, argy, theri or rex, bronto, megladon, basil, mosa, yuty, deadon, and from here on out, it depends on the map....Karikinos and rock drake for aberation, snow owl for extinction, wyvern for SE.....I might also get some show dino's such as the pheonix in SE, but more cause they are pretty, not cause they are usefull or boss fighters.

14 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

Get a pack of 10 imprinted ones. They wreck almost everything! And bad stat babies are pretty good for levels! 😄

Oh I could see the potential. Heck they killed one of my junk argies on my lost island run. I needed prime for a rex and set off to kill a stego. Nothing to really worry about but it managed to get a stam drain hit on my argy. After it knocked me off my bird, two different packs picked up my scent and went to town on my argy and before I knew it, she was toast.

Wasn't a high level bird, wild tamed, prim saddle. So yeah, somewhat to be expected. But at the same time, the speed at which it happened was just shocking!

6 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Oh I could see the potential. Heck they killed one of my junk argies on my lost island run. I needed prime for a rex and set off to kill a stego. Nothing to really worry about but it managed to get a stam drain hit on my argy. After it knocked me off my bird, two different packs picked up my scent and went to town on my argy and before I knew it, she was toast.

Wasn't a high level bird, wild tamed, prim saddle. So yeah, somewhat to be expected. But at the same time, the speed at which it happened was just shocking!

I love Hyaenadons as a go to for the likes of the hard swamp cave on the Island. Just go in with a full pack and a ride a half decent mount like a baryoynx, let the Hyaenadons go wild infront of you. They clear the cave with ease.

On 1/9/2022 at 11:07 PM, wizard03 said:

Lets see....I think sarco. Granted, GREAT movement speed in the water, blargh stats for ocean and land creature.

pego....It was an accident, I swear!
any PvP creature. Honestly, useless in solo mode.
horse......too hard to tame early game, why even bother late game?
ovis......they used to be usefull when they gave the daedon more food stat than prime, but now dodo kibble is best. x.x

Have to admit, anymore its "parasaur, stego or mammoth, maybe raptors, anky, doedicuris, maybe ptera, argy, theri or rex, bronto, megladon, basil, mosa, yuty, deadon, and from here on out, it depends on the map....Karikinos and rock drake for aberation, snow owl for extinction, wyvern for SE.....I might also get some show dino's such as the pheonix in SE, but more cause they are pretty, not cause they are usefull or boss fighters.

Regarding the horse, depends on the map.  You can get them as a first tame on rag easily, and an early tame on val also.  Fairly easy to find on SE  and Abberation.  

Its an absolutely phenomenal early mid game animal, especially if you breed for stats and imprint, and have a small herd of them saddled up in lieu of a chem bench.

2 hours ago, MtnDrew said:

Regarding the horse, depends on the map.  You can get them as a first tame on rag easily, and an early tame on val also.  Fairly easy to find on SE  and Abberation.  Its an absolutely phenomenal early mid game animal, especially if you breed for stats and imprint, and have a small herd of them saddled up in lieu of a chem bench.

I did notice the potential of having a gunpowder factory on legs if you was to take an anky and 4 or 5 horses loaded with charcoal into a cave. But then again why not just run an anky for flint exclusively and then a deodicuris for stone and never have to leave the comfort of your base, or the area around it.

Don't get me wrong, if you could get early access to carrots earlier on, oh yeah. Good tame, and I have indeed had them early to mid game. But looking back at it, it was more of a thing I wanted to do, vs something that helped improve my odds of survival. Heck looking back at it, I think it actually hindered it as the first one died after I accidentally worked it to sleep trying to knock out a raptor XD

I tame everything that I can. I love to collect them and breed them for stats and colours. In terms of ones I actually use though on SP...Brontos, Diplos, The giant cow elephant things, basically anything that makes a huge stompy noise and shakes my base. I'll catch one for the achievement and keep it in a pokeball cryoball in a cryofridge forever. Most of my tames I keep outside of their assigned base hitched because I get attached and I love them. A lot of the ones you find useless I actually use a lot though. Especially dimos. I breed em up with good stats and take 7 or so with me any time I need to go into a cave and they wreck house. 

On 1/13/2022 at 2:34 PM, DirkInSA said:

Dimetrodon (as OP said)  or Dimorphodons or Deinonychus??? Dimorphs  I have bred LOTS (like over 500)  and never once got any mutation ... maternal or paternal! But mutated or no - Dimorphrodons are the real business in a cave!!!!

Allways took a thylo with me to the caves. Granted, I can see the benifits to dimorph, but on the other hand, I just hate to loose anything and they seem kinda squishy.

The amargasaur and dinopithecus probably won't be tamed again by me any time soon. Monkeys are decently strong but thylas do the job of caving and bleeding better. Amargasaurus is one of the most annoying tames, you need a trap to have a reasonable chance at good taming effectivness. And it just doesn't really do anything useful in pve 

Archived