server stability for ark2?

Hamoct2

I think the main thing that drives everyone absolutely crazy is the latency and lag spikes.. I understand that ark is an older game.. I am wondering if anyone knows or if a dev can comment on whether changes or upgrades will be made to ensure this great games successor? I am eagerly anticipating the release but am a little affraid it will just be a reskin and added on to the lackluster typical ark internet servers. I would even pay a monthly sub for a good stable server!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 1:07 AM, Hamoct2 said:

I understand that ark is an older game.

If that was the issue, why were older versions running better  and is it (sad but no exxageration) getting worse very update over the last year? It feels like there is a severe lack of version history management (note the patchnotes often state the wrong version numbers) and too much copy/paste, causing bug being re-introduced every other update.

On 1/9/2022 at 1:07 AM, Hamoct2 said:

I am eagerly anticipating the release but am a little affraid it will just be a reskin and added on to the lackluster typical ark internet servers. I would even pay a monthly sub for a good stable server!

It is made for UE5, a new engine. It must be more than just a reskin.

The servers however... Even private servers are having severe issues.
And there might be a big problem: Worldwide the demand for servers is so high that it is getting dificult to get large servers of decent quality on short notice. New datacenters are build but quit a few of the new project are delayed for many reasons. Around here the energy consumption is the reason several new projects are on hold due to the limits of the power infrastructure.

Or WC is just being cheap on servers, I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully they will axe the spam meta and the way breeding works. These are why servers lag so bad and there's no server hardware that's gonna fix that. In fact I'm sure Ark 2 is gonna have better graphics so if they keep the current systems it will probably be worse. It will be interesting to see how they try to deal with spam though because spam is one of the most important things in pvp and the only thing that would really change it is some sort of structure limit radius or something. As far as breeding goes they will need some sort of stricter tame limit as well because there's no server that's gonna be able to handle peoples 300 gigas breeding + the bloodstalkers and stegos and everything else in one big base.

Archived