Jump to content

Community Crunch 298: Fjordur Creature Vote Winner, Community Corner, and More!


Recommended Posts

Now that I think on it, I really really REALLY hope they don't try to make desmodus a sky megalosaurus, by which I mean please god don't debuff it during daylight hours. As much as I adored doing night time raids back in the day I simply can't bring myself to try and put in the mountain of work it takes to make a tanky flying creature if I know it'll only be useful for select hours of the day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GaintWalrusOfDeath said:

but a Dino with a Chainsaw and Missile Launchers on its saddle, thats too far fetched for this game".

Chucking my two cents in since it's late and the gods are too cruel to let me sleep like a functioning adult. Not to knock on your creativity but the saddle idea you proposed always struck me as a bit...well not necessarily "much" given tropeo rocket saddles and tek saddles. I guess "busy" would be the apt word here. It seemed more like you wanted to focus on rule of cool rather than the functionality in game. Nothing wrong with that per say, but it'd need some pretty extensive work shopping to make a design that's both palatable and still delivers on enough of the wow factor to make it worth the resources without making something busted in the process. For example rather than the full on chainsaw noggin youve been posting you'd have something like a muzzle around the snout with an inlay of metal teeth, perhaps something motorized and gas powered if you wanted to induce a long bleed effect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Now that I think on it, I really really REALLY hope they don't try to make desmodus a sky megalosaurus, by which I mean please god don't debuff it during daylight hours. As much as I adored doing night time raids back in the day I simply can't bring myself to try and put in the mountain of work it takes to make a tanky flying creature if I know it'll only be useful for select hours of the day.

Could be worse, they could make Carchara a day version of the Megolasaurus and make it only active when the sun is out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Chucking my two cents in since it's late and the gods are too cruel to let me sleep like a functioning adult. Not to knock on your creativity but the saddle idea you proposed always struck me as a bit...well not necessarily "much" given tropeo rocket saddles and tek saddles. I guess "busy" would be the apt word here. It seemed more like you wanted to focus on rule of cool rather than the functionality in game. Nothing wrong with that per say, but it'd need some pretty extensive work shopping to make a design that's both palatable and still delivers on enough of the wow factor to make it worth the resources without making something busted in the process. For example rather than the full on chainsaw noggin youve been posting you'd have something like a muzzle around the snout with an inlay of metal teeth, perhaps something motorized and gas powered if you wanted to induce a long bleed effect.

Thank you for your ideas👍. I know it looks or sounds kinda lazy with just the chainsaw on its head. I just thought not only would it be cool to have but to also have the Carchar stand out a bit more compared to the other Dinos and their saddles, that and also I didn't wanted it to be to complicated. But your idea of a muzzle type of device on the Carchar dose intrigue me, maybe I'll try to do another drawing with that in mind next time. 🤔

Edited by GaintWalrusOfDeath
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't expect the Bat to win, but, hey, it seems cool. At least, it seems not useless like the Onyc.

I'm also astonished how you're kind and are going to add the Carcaro for the whiner babies xD we don't really need another big theropod. Well, i hope it's good for bosses. I'm so tired of rexes that I'm breeding the Acros from Garuga's ark addition mod for the Lost Island boss xD so, yeah, i hope we can use Carcaro in the arenas, at least 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MayaPatch said:

I didn't expect the Bat to win, but, hey, it seems cool. At least, it seems not useless like the Onyc.

I'm also astonished how you're kind and are going to add the Carcaro for the whiner babies xD we don't really need another big theropod. Well, i hope it's good for bosses. I'm so tired of rexes that I'm breeding the Acros from Garuga's ark addition mod for the Lost Island boss xD so, yeah, i hope we can use Carcaro in the arenas, at least 

Yeah, rexes are great and all but to be stuck with them for the majority of the game? It's a bit dull and bland to say the least. I honestly think the game will be fine without another big carnivore, but if it HAS to be in the game like many believe then it better be good without making other animals obsolete.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GP said:

Looking forward to the giant Bat! 🦇🦇🦇🦇

Also Carchar being added to the game, new creatures are always welcome!

Sure, but it's the WHY Carchara is being added that's got people questioning.

11 minutes ago, DoggoAsHotdog said:

Boogus Syntac rigged the vote for the bat the giant bison would have won if syntac never existed

No he didn't, you just don't like bats.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Sure, but it's the WHY Carchara is being added that's got people questioning.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. Yes there's the whole "principal" of the thing, but really it's not worth anyone's time complaining.

WC don't add Carchar, people complain.

WC add Carchar people complain.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wwwww grazie ragazzi per aver messo anche il carcharadontosaurus  ,grazie mille mi raccomando dimensioni uguali a quelle del t.rex e in futuro un bel tlc di aggiornamento anche per il giganotosauro più piccolo anche quello grande come il rex ,così da avere i tre carnivori più grandi della storia ,spinosauro ,carcha,giga. Per favore tlc per il giganotosaurus grande come un t.rex 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, my opinion on the bat winning:

Unexpected. I voted for the Armidillosuchus, but this definitly fits the map better especially since Fjordur has alot of large caves.

My opinion on the Carchar coming out:

The carchar didn't win this vote so we still got some pretty good and unique creatures. I'm not saying that the carchar can't be unique, I'll wait to see what wildcard does with it before I get a negative or positive feeling about it.

Edited by droidcommander
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Are you a PvP THUG and persecute people the nanosecond they spawn in? Or are you a PvE TROLL and hog the whole map and prevent new players from building a base?

I'm a PVE PLAYER. That's a thing that exists.

While I do have some pillars, it's only about a giga's length and a half worth of territory, right next to my base, simply to prevent people from building a giant lagfactory close enough for it to affect me (I only pillared after experiencing, for several months, how it feels to have a giant lagfactory built right next to my base. Not fun. Had meat-stuttercrawls instead of meatruns. My base, on the other hand, is low/no lag, with a few small/medium buildings instead of a giant box or castle and the number of unpodded dinos never even reaching 100). 

My base is not on the beach, and the only chunk of the beach I own is literally a tiny strip from which my (fairly small, smaller than an ocean platform) water pen extends, so I do not prevent Bobs from settling, nor do I prevent movement of rafts. Neither my base nor my water pen's land part encompass a spawn zone, so people do not end up trapped on my territory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bulborb87 said:

Don't feel bad for the Carchar just yet, they did confirm that theropod will also be added later on as a free update later on this year

Why was the Car dinosaur even in the polls if they planned on releasing it later anyway? All those wasted votes on the Car dino could've changed the results and we could've had a different winner. Wildcard IQ is shockingly bad.

Edited by Chrysa1is
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Chrysa1is said:

Why was the Car dinosaur even in the polls if they planned on releasing it later anyway? All those wasted votes on the Car dino could've changed the results and we could've had a different winner. Wildcard IQ is shockingly bad.

Who said they planned on releasing it anyway?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is REALLY not the creature I wanted to win, it was not even in my top5 (I had only placed the insects below it), I'd rather have had a TLC of the Onyc which, legend has it, can actually be tamed, but noone has ever seen it happen :P Plus, the description of the Desmodus as it currently is refers to jungles, which um, this is not Lost Island, Fjordur is quite light on jungles. I hope it gets interesting changes.
(although in the potential future, I'd rather also votes for abilities and not just appearance)

As for the Carchar I never really understood the hype, especially with most people describing it most as a big carnivore that can tackle the Giga... Wow, that's indeed unique. I'm sure our friends in PvP need something like that, as they certainly encounters more Gigas on average, but I hope it gets an ability that'll be worth using in PvE/SP too, because I don't need yet another meat farmer when there is already so many I don't tame (who needs an Allo AND a Carno AND a Rex ?). So fingers crossed for something actually unique about this creature. But on the bright side, I think it'd be a perfect fit for an Island light TLC, because 10 maps in, the first Ark does not have anything unique to it anymore ; imho a unique creature would make it worth visiting every once in a while (I feel the same about The Center but have no illusions of this happening for that poor map). Plus, it'd give Ark1 a proper send off.

The way I see it, I got NONE of what I was hoping for with this vote, as was the case for the Lost Island vote ; but now that I've met the Sinoma I can't imagine playing without one, so who knows ? Maybe the bat or the teethosaurus will do something interesting that I don't see coming. Hoping for that outcome, at least.

Either way I'm thankful for the community votes. Even if I didn't get what I was hoping for (and now look, full of hope, towards mod devs) I hope they become a common occurrence in ARK2 from day one, be it for creatures, armors, building tiers, tools, weapons, or other items. Hell, even in Ark1 I don't see why we couldn't vote on emotes or skins for future events. 

Edited by ladyteruki
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...