Community Crunch 298: Fjordur Creature Vote Winner, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

2 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

He's not necessarily alone in that regard. Granted in my particular case years of working with very entitled people through retail has lead to me having a deep seated desire not to give into people's demands just because I know they'll scream and shout

I honestly don't know why people think I'M the only one with a negative opinion. The Most Vocal sure, but the ONLY one? I laugh at such thoughts.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Facepalm 1

On 1/8/2022 at 7:59 AM, droidcommander said:

How? this was submitted by someone in this community, and voted for by people in this community. Then there's the fact that in 2015 the Onyc (a non-tameable giant bat) was added to Ark , which is surprisingly before 2017  ,when conan was released.

Onyc is tameable

I was wondering if creatures that lost in the creature vote will have another chance in the future to be put in the game, I would absolutely love to see a creature like the pyroraptor make it into the game and I feel like several creatures could make both pve and pvp better in many different ways, I personally fell in love with the pyroraptor after seeing its potential and would be ecstatic to ever see it in the game

11 hours ago, TyranntX said:

It is... Full Stop.

Or maybe it's not.

Also, assuming you've been a part of the ARK community for a while, you'll know that the players in it complain about pretty much everything, all the time. So, why would Wildcard all of a sudden what to shut up this specific group of whiners?

Edited by TimeBomb2003

47 minutes ago, BriskEcho said:

I was wondering if creatures that lost in the creature vote will have another chance in the future to be put in the game, I would absolutely love to see a creature like the pyroraptor make it into the game and I feel like several creatures could make both pve and pvp better in many different ways, I personally fell in love with the pyroraptor after seeing its potential and would be ecstatic to ever see it in the game

If I remember correctly, it was stated on the first vote, that those suggestions could be used as inspiration for creatures in Ark 2

2 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

Or maybe it's not.

Also, assuming you've been a part of the ARK community for a while, you'll know that the players in it complain about pretty much everything, all the time. So, why would Wildcard all of a sudden what to shut up this specific group of whiners?

There is no "or". Period. It IS being added because people kept complaining. The reason is because WC is incompetent and wouldn't know how to fix their game or what the best direction to go would be if they had a detailed instruction manual.

Also if you are aware that people are going to complain about anything, then why are you trying (and failing) to stop it?

Edited by TyranntX

7 hours ago, GeneralTalon said:

If feet can touch the bottom then it isn't deep water.

Thats my point, the details literally say, as long as its feet touch bottom it wont be slowed down.  Every creature in the game moves at full speed as long as its feet touch bottom.  Someone said it might be referencing that it can sink to bottom and charge, but that skill wasnt really detailed at all.  The way the crunch puts it just suggests it doesn't lose speed running through water as long as its feet touch the bottom...Which every creature already does lol

36 minutes ago, SixShooter0466 said:

Honestly, the Rhyniognatha or Titanocertops would have been alot better... I am sad people voted for a flying bloodsucker... Could of just updated the Onyc to be a rideable flyer if you wanted a bat.

Titian maybe, but I'm not so sure about a giant bug. From the sound of it it's just a living version of the Skiff

7 hours ago, TyranntX said:

There is no "or". Period. It IS being added because people kept complaining. The reason is because WC is incompetent and wouldn't know how to fix their game or what the best direction to go would be if they had a detailed instruction manual.

Also if you are aware that people are going to complain about anything, then why are you trying (and failing) to stop it?

I don't know, I guess I thought that I would be able to make you see the error of your way of thinking. But I guess you're just blind to ideas that aren't your own.

Also, you don't know for sure why it's being added. Doesn't matter how many times you say, "it IS", or "Period", You don't know the reason. And you never will.

I think I'm done with this charade. No more responses from me to you on this thread. (Unless you say something REALLY ridiculous, so make sure you make your next response good!)

5 hours ago, SixShooter0466 said:

Could of just updated the Onyc to be a rideable flyer if you wanted a bat.

That would've required more than doubling the onyc's size, making it a saddle, tweaking the attack animation for a model being ridden, giving it a landing and walking animation, AND likely adjusting cave sizes where they spawn to compensate for players trying to get them out since not everyone carries cryopods. Not to mention accounting for suggested abilities/new abilities to be added. At that point that's not an update, it's an overhaul.

7 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

That would've required more than doubling the onyc's size, making it a saddle, tweaking the attack animation for a model being ridden, giving it a landing and walking animation, AND likely adjusting cave sizes where they spawn to compensate for players trying to get them out since not everyone carries cryopods. Not to mention accounting for suggested abilities/new abilities to be added. At that point that's not an update, it's an overhaul.

I mean, not really you can just make it alittle bit bigger and you don't have to give it a saddle you can make it without a saddle as that is capable. Plus, if they are doing an update to add the carchardonto then maybe, just "maybe' there might be a tlc so then you could just change a few things and it's model size doesn't have to be like the Dracule? 

Edited by SixShooter0466

6 hours ago, SixShooter0466 said:

I mean, not really you can just make it alittle bit bigger and you don't have to give it a saddle you can make it without a saddle as that is capable. Plus, if they are doing an update to add the carchardonto then maybe, just "maybe' there might be a tlc so then you could just change a few things and it's model size doesn't have to be like the Dracule? 

That still wouldn't address the host of other issues outlined. TLCs have not to my knowledge given a whole walk cycle animation, level up animation or anything of the such. That aside the desmo won the vote, saying "well we're just gonna tlc the creature we already have rather than give you what you voted for" would've been about the worst move WC could make. People wanted desmodus so they voted for it, they didn't vote for an onyc rework. That'd be like telling people they should tame a raptor after they clearly state they want a deinonychus. They simply aren't the same creatures regardless of visual similarities.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Romuluas said:

Wildcard is there any information regarding Fenrir from the fjordur map like any news if it is being added or not being added because I think it is such a unique creature that I would love to see in ark.

If memory serves the actual map devs are still on the fence about the fenrir's introduction proper

On 1/10/2022 at 12:51 AM, CosmicSkeleton said:

You could just do the first half and then make it spawn rarely at night…