Community Crunch 298: Fjordur Creature Vote Winner, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

Why are you people complaining? Sinomacrops lost yet it was added as the third creature for the lost island, charcar is not being added as one of the three map exclusive creatures and instead a fourth free creature. You guys are also complaining that it will just be a giga reskin, wildcard could just make desmodus a onyc but with echolocation and a saddle. A lot of people voted for dinopithecus because they thought it was 100% gonna have the ability to wield guns yet it didn’t. Stop complaining wildcards giving a free fourth creature just be happy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reaperchampion said:

Why are you people complaining? Sinomacrops lost yet it was added as the third creature for the lost island, charcar is not being added as one of the three map exclusive creatures and instead a fourth free creature. You guys are also complaining that it will just be a giga reskin, wildcard could just make desmodus a onyc but with echolocation and a saddle. A lot of people voted for dinopithecus because they thought it was 100% gonna have the ability to wield guns yet it didn’t. Stop complaining wildcards giving a free fourth creature just be happy.

When there is something that i´ve learned about this games community, then it´s the fact that they´ll always complain.... doesn´t matter what subject.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reaperchampion said:

Sinomacrops lost yet it was added as the third creature for the lost island,

I stated my reservations then too. Call me jaded but I just think that when you give people what they want even when they don't meet the criteria to get it it leads to entitled people. Doubly so when said people already proved more than willing to make asses of themselves the first time they failed. 

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

45 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

I stated my reservations then too. Call me jaded but I just think that when you give people what they want even when they don't meet the criteria to get it it leads to entitled people. Doubly so when said people already proved more than willing to make asses of themselves the first time they failed. 

THIS is why I am against Carchara's inclusion. because it feeds into that entitled mentality, and makes people believe they can get what they want just by bellyaching loud enough. It just takes agency away from the voters, primarily those who didn't vote for it. BUT that said WC is fighting a losing battle regardless of what they do, people are going to be mad if it gets added or not. The solution SHOULD be what causes the least amount of damage. Not what makes arguably the smaller chunk of the community happy.

I don't mind that we are getting a 4th dinosaur, I don't even care that its Carchara... It's WHY  it's being added that I take issue with.

Edited by TyranntX

47 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

n't mind that we are getting a 4th dinosaur, I don't even care that its Carchara... It's WHY  it's being added that I take issue with.

So if a Creature places 2nd in not only one but two votings, it´s quite a bit of obvious information. 
it´s being added, because WC decided to do so. So stop assuming it´s just because people complained. there is so much stuff in this game, people complain about and nothing of that gets changed or added because people complain about it enough... 

12 minutes ago, Vaskur said:

So if a Creature places 2nd in not only one but two votings, it´s quite a bit of obvious information. 
it´s being added, because WC decided to do so. So stop assuming it´s just because people complained. there is so much stuff in this game, people complain about and nothing of that gets changed or added because people complain about it enough... 

It is because people complained as to why it's being added, let's be real here. It was in two ballots and it lost in both of them. if it was "because WC wanted to do it" then why not do so in the previous vote? Because they didn't want to do it then? Doubtful.

Edited by TyranntX

14 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

It is because people complained as to why it's being added, let's be real here. It was in two ballots and it lost in both of them. if it was "because WC wanted to do it" then why not do so in the previous vote? Because they didn't want to do it then? Doubtful.

you really don´t get the point. sorry, I really do not care enough to explain that to you in detail. so keep your  assumptions and keep complaining, if that´s what makes you happy.

3 minutes ago, Vaskur said:

you really don´t get the point. sorry, I really do not care enough to explain that to you in detail. so keep your  assumptions and keep complaining, if that´s what makes you happy.

I think we already established people are going to complain regardless of what you do, so don't pretend like you are doing anything to quell the fire. Unless WC comes down here themselves and give a full explanation of why Carchara is being made, people are going to make (Quite accurate) assumptions.

Edited by TyranntX

23 hours ago, Chrysa1is said:

"Vote for the winner to be added to the game"

"Adds a dino that lost last time, and again anyway"

Tell me, what was the point in voting if you are going to add a dinosaur that lost the vote TWICE?

They're adding it because it came in second place *twice.*  It's clearly popular (just not as popular as the winners.)  And this way, it'll stop clogging up the voting if they decide to do this again.

• Thanks 1

Just now, EmberStar said:

They're adding it because it came in second place *twice.*  It's clearly popular (just not as popular as the winners.)  And this way, it'll stop clogging up the voting if they decide to do this again.

You are half right, adding it will keep it off the ballot if they do another poll. But if anything it's because people are going to keep complaining if it doesn't get added and people will just get over it if it does.

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

came in second place *twice.*  It's clearly popular (just not as popular as the winners.) But if anything it's because people are going to keep complaining if it doesn't get added.

Hillary Clinton really wishes this were a thing in politics. :)

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

I don't know, it seems like you're the only one who is genuinely upset about it being added.

He's not necessarily alone in that regard. Granted in my particular case years of working with very entitled people through retail has lead to me having a deep seated desire not to give into people's demands just because I know they'll scream and shout

18 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

He's not necessarily alone in that regard. Granted in my particular case years of working with very entitled people through retail has lead to me having a deep seated desire not to give into people's demands just because I know they'll scream and shout

Seems like with the ARK community, we're already past that. Wildcard could announce literally anything and the community would still find something to complain about.

As for him, pretty much everyone else is just giving their 2 cents on charcharodontosaurus getting added, and leaving it at that. Whereas he just seems very hostile towards anyone who expresses any amount of excitement about it getting added.

35 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

I am not, it's WHY it's being added that's the issue.

Maybe its being added to shut the whiners up, maybe its not. I'd like to think they decided to add it after seeing that it came as a pretty close 2nd in both the votes, indicating that its something the community wants(not all of it clearly, but a decent chunk).

Either way though, I like charcharodontosaurus as a dinosaur, so I'm happy that its getting added to the game.

Edited by TimeBomb2003