Community Crunch 298: Fjordur Creature Vote Winner, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

11 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Congratulations, you just announced how 10 years old you look. Tropeo actually adds something unique and needed to the game, Carchara does not. 

Also what sense does adding rocket launchers and chainsaws to the base of a creature's saddle even make? This is Ark not Paraworld.

Okay 1, What do you mean "Carcharodontosaurus doesn't need to be in the game", people like big theropods, whats the harm of adding in just one more.

And Second, it doesn't have to make sense this is Ark after all, ever sense they add in tek saddles and all the other crazy stuff they added to the game they can pretty much do what ever the heck they want. You mean to tell me the devs are going to be like "We can add in a giant space whale but a Dino with a Chainsaw and Missile Launchers on its saddle, thats too far fetched for this game". lol 😆

19 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Do I need to repeat myself on weather or not the game needs Carchara? (it doesn't). Because it looks like people are slowly losing their ability to pay attention.

His comment didn't say anything about weather or not the game needed charcharodontosaurus or not. He likes the dinosaur, and is exited about it getting added to the game. Looks like you're the one who needs to pay attention...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

And it won't to anything you want it to, and you'll whine and complain about it anyway.

Things I, personally, want from the carcha:

1. Be a big carnivore.

2. Bite things.

3. Maybe be breedable so that I can get some cool stats and colors.

Chances are very high that it'll do everything I want it and there will be precisely no reason to whine! Lucky me!

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

Just now, GaintWalrusOfDeath said:

Okay 1, What do you mean "Carcharodontosaurus doesn't need to be in the game", people like big theropods, whats the harm of adding in just one more.

And Second, it doesn't have to make sense this is Ark after all, ever sense they add in tek saddles and all the other crazy stuff they added to the game they can pretty much do what ever the heck they want. You mean to tell me the devs are going to be like "We can add in a giant space whale but a Dino with a Chainsaw and Missile Launchers on its saddle, thats too far fetched for this game". lol 😆

1... people also like race cars, jeasus, country music, guitars, and any number of things. That doesn't mean it is somethig the game NEEDS.

2,,, Tek saddles are futuristic technology and make sense when you take the game's lore into consideration. YOUR saddle idea is like something out of a Mad max  movie, a horrible one at that.

2 hours ago, Chrysa1is said:

Right? I really can't see how the Carchardo dino or whatever its called is going to be any different to what we already have? I have a feeling it'll be lazy abilities like bleed, or the reaper statue jump animation. I hope i get surprised, because right now, i don't have much hope for this Cardigan dino lol

And it literally LOST TWICE and they are still adding it?? Like what is that? So dumb.

So many people always complain to wild card about not getting it and now their complaining ABOUT getting, just deal with it and be happy that we get atleast 4 new creatures

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

Things I, personally, want form the carcha:

1. Be a big carnivore.

2. Bite things.

3. Maybe be breedable so that I can get some cool stats and colors.

Chances are very high that it'll do everything I want it and there will be precisely no reason to whine! Lucky me!

1. a reason you make when you are 10 years old

2. a reason you make when you are FIVE years old

3. that's literally every animal already, just use what's already there.

4 minutes ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

His comment didn't say anything about weather or not the game needed charcharodontosaurus or not. He likes the dinosaur, and is exited about it getting added to the game. Looks like you're the one who needs to pay attention...

Said the one who wants an animal that adds nothing.

• Like 1

Just now, TyranntX said:

1. a reason you make when you are 10 years old

2. a reason you make when you are FIVE years old

3. that's literally every animal already, just use what's already there.

1. Not a reason, but a realistic expectation. It's a large carnivore, so it cannot give me a reason to "whine" by not being a large carnivore.

2. Not a reason, but a realistic expectation. It's a large carnivore, so no matter what other abilities it'll have (or won't have) I can certainly trust it to bite things.

3. I am using what's already there. I have rexes (tek and normal), yuties, allos and gigas, not to mention things that aren't huge carnivores (yes, I have those too). And I'd like another thing to breed. I'm allowed to want another breeding project without first finishing everything already going on.

• Like 1

Just now, DrGoob said:

Shut up and deal with it, it's not that big of a deal

I have, just want to remind you that 

1. this animal is only getting added to silence the whinners from last poll

2. its about as needed as you need a bullet to the head.

3. WHEN it gets added it's abilities and saddle will not be what the community wants but what fits in the game.

Just now, AllOfTheAllos said:

1. Not a reason, but a realistic expectation. It's a large carnivore, so it cannot give me a reason to "whine" by not being a large carnivore.

2. Not a reason, but a realistic expectation. It's a large carnivore, so no matter what other abilities it'll have (or won't have) I can certainly trust it to bite things.

3. I am using what's already there. I have rexes (tek and normal), yuties, allos and gigas, not to mention things that aren't huge carnivores (yes, I have those too). And I'd like another thing to breed. I'm allowed to want another breeding project without first finishing everything already going on.

1. it is a reason, and its a garbage one

2. it is a reason, and one you should be deeply ashamed of.

3. it's called mods, get some.

Just now, TyranntX said:

1. it is a reason, and its a garbage one

2. it is a reason, and one you should be deeply ashamed of.

3. it's called mods, get some.

I feel like you're forgetting how this started. I'll remind you. YOU said that we'll whine anyway because it won't do what we want.

To put it differently, you said that it will not match our expectations.

I listed my expectations. Not "reasons why I want it in game" - there's only one reason and it's "I like large, preferably carnivorous dinosaurs" - ex-pec-ta-ti-ons. As in, things that I expect it to do. I expect carcharodontosaurus to be a large carnivore because that's what it is. It can't disappoint me by not being that. I expect it to bite things. Because that's one thing I can be certain it'll do.

I can't expect it to have certain abilities, or a certain saddle, or a certain taming mechanic, because those are the kind of expectations that can end in disappointment. But I can expect it to be itself, do the most obvious thing and be breedable.

As for the mods - I play official only. I tried modded servers in the past, didn't like it, and singleplayer gets really boring really fast.

16 minutes ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

As for the mods - I play official only.

And with that I refuse to ever take you seriously because you play in cancer land. Now the question becomes what flavor of JERK are you? Are you a PvP THUG and persecute people the nanosecond they spawn in? Or are you a PvE TROLL and hog the whole map and prevent new players from building a base?

We don't need another big Carnivore, full stop.

Edited by TyranntX

Just now, Oreochema said:

Artwork from the players is stunning, as always! And while I had hoped for something more interesting than "bigger bat" for the creature vote, I'm at least glad I won't be running into super giant bugs. 

Yeah, would have liked one more giant insect but the bat is a welcome addition to our flyer roster.

• Like 1

I am actually very happy that they are adding the Carcharodontosaurus to the game. I like big dinos and they havent added a real Dino to the game in ages. It is what I love about ARK and they just added too many fantasy creatures to the game in years anyway. 

I love my Rex, I love my Allos and I am sure I will love me some Carcharo too! WC mustve seen this dino and thought, hey that is cool we want that. They are not limited to only adding one creatures, they can add one or as many as they want if they feel like it would add anything to the game and if they want to do it. We should be happy that we get 4 new creatures to the game isntead of 3! I, for one, am happy and look forward to it. 

This comment section needs to be more positive, WC is STILL adding more free content for us for a game that came out like 6 or so years out. 

• Like 1

Just now, dizzljoe said:

I am actually very happy that they are adding the Carcharodontosaurus to the game. I like big dinos and they havent added a real Dino to the game in ages. It is what I love about ARK and they just added too many fantasy creatures to the game in years anyway. 

I love my Rex, I love my Allos and I am sure I will love me some Carcharo too! WC mustve seen this dino and thought, hey that is cool we want that. They are not limited to only adding one creatures, they can add one or as many as they want if they feel like it would add anything to the game and if they want to do it. We should be happy that we get 4 new creatures to the game isntead of 3! I, for one, am happy and look forward to it. 

This comment section needs to be more positive, WC is STILL adding more free content for us for a game that came out like 6 or so years out. 

The whole Lost Isle trio is laughing at you.

1 minute ago, Malformedvirus5 said:

Surely wildcard puts in the carchar at this point it’s gotten second twice clearly it’s wanted by people like surely

Nope, it's getting added to shut up the fans who bitched about it losing last time. They knew the same would happen here so they chose to nip it in the butt.

WC is a Business , you got to remember that.