So I found a wild Rex level 495

DomiDarko

9 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

And yeah, I'm playing on difficulty 5 where max level should be 150. Anyone else encountered such abnormal high level creatures? On the other side there are NO Spinosaurus spawns for me... I know that there are only 2 locations for them but nothing but Baryonyx, Kapros and Sarcos as carnivorous creatures.

LostIsland_LevelBug.thumb.JPG.2b3ac518d944bab74d3f3f104222eb95.JPG

Where did you find yours? Cords?

With regards to a 400+ level wild rex, I don't know how I feel about keeping it - it is pretty much a giga in a rex body: kind of unfair.  I would kind of hope it gets wiped if it is a bug that gets patched: I wouldn't want the temptation of having a god-rex - the game would get significantly less fun with such an unstoppable tame.  I would totally consider keeping it around for an alpha boss fight to make it more plausible to do solo.

16 hours ago, Dreadcthulhu said:

Eh, while these rexes are stupid strong for wild tames, they are actually weaker than the well-bred & mutated rexes that are a dime a dozen on official servers. They basically just let you skip doing 30 health & 30 melee mutations from normal good rexes.

Well one of its babies which I fully imprinted (no mutations) was able to kill a wild Giga...

20 hours ago, Dreadcthulhu said:

Eh, while these rexes are stupid strong for wild tames, they are actually weaker than the well-bred & mutated rexes that are a dime a dozen on official servers. They basically just let you skip doing 30 health & 30 melee mutations from normal good rexes.

Worth noting, my opinion is just based on the way I like to play.  While I have some good gigas, manas, wyverns and shadowmanes, I intentionally avoid the temptation of using them in-game because I want there to be an element of danger and risk.  For me, the best Ark experiences are when I have to be careful and make good decisions or risk getting stomped.  As soon as I get on one of the OP tames, most of the risk, danger and drama disappears, and I no longer have to think or make good decisions.  So adding an OP rex that likely wasn't intended by the devs to be there would just be another temptation for me: fun to tame, but then I would cryo it away and hop on the back of something reasonable to keep the game fresh.

On 1/10/2022 at 11:45 AM, maxplanck58 said:

I saw an R-variant equus spawned on LI which I thought was strange.

With regards to a 400+ level wild rex, I don't know how I feel about keeping it - it is pretty much a giga in a rex body: kind of unfair.  I would kind of hope it gets wiped if it is a bug that gets patched: I wouldn't want the temptation of having a god-rex - the game would get significantly less fun with such an unstoppable tame.

Id keep it, but only as a trophy dino.....Behold my masterpeice! XD

12 hours ago, maxplanck58 said:

Worth noting, my opinion is just based on the way I like to play.  While I have some good gigas, manas, wyverns and shadowmanes, I intentionally avoid the temptation of using them in-game because I want there to be an element of danger and risk.  For me, the best Ark experiences are when I have to be careful and make good decisions or risk getting stomped.  As soon as I get on one of the OP tames, most of the risk, danger and drama disappears, and I no longer have to think or make good decisions.  So adding an OP rex that likely wasn't intended by the devs to be there would just be another temptation for me: fun to tame, but then I would cryo it away and hop on the back of something reasonable to keep the game fresh.

If you want that danger back, head over to extinction with it.....just make sure to get a couple good babies before you hit a red drop with it. ;) 

On 1/10/2022 at 4:39 PM, Evza said:

Hi guys, I'm unable to find any high level rex on my servers.

Is this happening on unofficial only? Any singleplayer or official reports?

Looks like it could be config related, but not sure which one. any additional info would be appreciated, cheers

Haven't seen any more than just that single one right after the update. It was tamed and orbed and kept away for now by us admins.
Unofficial server cluster with mods, running same mods and settings on all maps but no reports of one showing up on any of the other maps.

Difficulty is set to 5, never seen any other above 150 / 180.
Not counting the dungeon stuff that isn't tameable.

None of the mods we're running changes rexes either.

Seems weird it spawned in the same area for everyone as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Evza said:

Can you guys provide coordinates on where you are seeing the high level rexes? We're not seeing an obvious reason why this would occur on our end, cheers

I have now since seen an 890, an 800 and a 750.  Max level on my server should be 300.  All were in the meadows region of LI: in the East, in between the volcanoes and swamps.  All three were in different places in that region.  You are in the right place if you also see maewings, equus and ovis.  Worth noting - I have spent a lot of time in that region (I like equus taming), so finding 3 super-rexes in all the time that I have spent there would still make them uncommon.

Archived