Our Christmas has been stolen. Don't do that!

sk1ff

Suggestion

I want to leave a complaint to the developers. This is a rather serious omission. In Christian countries, Christmas is considered the most important New Year's holiday. We celebrate it on the night of January 6-7. The game just destroyed him just the day before.
Why destroy the holiday trees and gifts? Moreover, the game made them targeted. Inside the gift boxes were real gifts (from the New Year event) for our friends. Many players simply did not have time to get them due to server problems that were observed from January 2 to 6. And on January 6th, you destroyed it all without the slightest warning.

Why clean up gifts and Christmas trees at all?
Players can decide for themselves what to do with them. The result was a very unpleasant situation.
You just destroyed our Christmas.

13 replies to this server topic

I celebrate Christmas to. And im Christan, but do not think Christmas is destroyed just because of the event stuff is removed. Christmas you celebrate with your family. Not with in game stuff made of pixels. 

And if they did let all different event stuff be and you can add them as you want. The lag is going to be even worse.  It would give people another way to block players and dino spawns and so on.  Wild card set a date from when the event start and when it ends. just dont leave stuff in the boxes and what ever more there is. 

• Volunteer Moderator
On 1/9/2022 at 2:01 AM, sk1ff said:

I understand when the decorations are removed, but in this case, the boxes with real gifts inside were removed. WHY? Why do you take it upon yourself to remove our personal belongings? We already lose them very often due to server crashes.

That is very unfortunate. I can assure you they didn't take them intentionally. I believe it wouldn't be possible to remove the asset but leave the items, and even if that did happen then the items would likely be in a bag that would decay after some time.

Unfortunately I think it will be one of those things players will have to experience and learn for next time, as many have before. I believe a lot of people wish event items would remain, but for whatever reason they are not, and I doubt that will change.

Perhaps the OP should submit an official change request.  

Maybe WildCard could allow Christmas trees to "grow" during the event but not at any other time.
Ovis could grow a winter coat that can be used to make Christmas clothing. 
Notes made during the event could become wrapping paper - and players could use this to package up presents for other players, to be delivered by Raptor Claus.

I'd like to be able to keep my Christmas tree safely in storage between events.

2 hours ago, JurassicDino said:

I celebrate Christmas to. And im Christan, but do not think Christmas is destroyed just because of the event stuff is removed. Christmas you celebrate with your family. Not with in game stuff made of pixels. 

You didn't understand what this post was about. If the game offers to make gifts targeted and add real things to them, it should warn about their removal at the end of the event. This was not stated anywhere.

And the second. It is not necessary to judge by yourself about everyone who celebrates Christmas. There are a lot of single people that can meet him with his game friends. Not everyone is lucky to have families and relatives alive.

On 1/11/2022 at 8:25 PM, GP said:

I believe it wouldn't be possible to remove the asset but leave the items, and even if that did happen then the items would likely be in a bag that would decay after some time.

I understand you, but...
After the event, mistletoe branches (omela) and embers received a decay time.
Why couldn't the same be done with gift boxes containing items? Unclear. In any case, it is worth leaving the players to decide what and when to remove. That would be right, I think.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, sk1ff said:

I will be very grateful to you if you tell me how to do this. We talked about this with the GM, he promised to pass this information on to the developers. But this is not an official request.

Posting here is the closest thing to an official request. Game Suggestions.

Hmm... Perhaps this is obvious to you, for those who have recently been playing - are not. In addition, you should consider that Christmas is not only December 25th. And there is a large part of the world where this is not the case. So why not take this into consideration?

And the second thing. I understand when the decorations are removed, but in this case, the boxes with real gifts inside were removed. WHY? Why do you take it upon yourself to remove our personal belongings? We already lose them very often due to server crashes.

On 1/20/2022 at 6:54 PM, sk1ff said:
On 1/20/2022 at 6:54 PM, sk1ff said:

You didn't understand what this post was about. If the game offers to make gifts targeted and add real things to them, it should warn about their removal at the end of the event. This was not stated anywhere.

And the second. It is not necessary to judge by yourself about everyone who celebrates Christmas. There are a lot of single people that can meet him with his game friends. Not everyone is lucky to have families and relatives alive.

yeah okay,  but almost all of the event stuff have a spoil timer on them. (means they wont last forever)  and under the 2 and half year i have played all event stuff get removed. and the things you add in the gift box is not a *real* thing, its made of pixels too. 
yes there is people who dont have family and do celebrate its online, got nothing against that. never said it was wrong. i have lost family members and friends. not a big family anymore. 
just think its over kill to blame the developer for removing stuff in the gift box when the gift box it self are removed  you can just ask in game to if the stuff will stay or not.  

Archived