Lava Damage, Lost Island

Marrdreg

1 hour ago, Marrdreg said:

On Lost Island, before this last patch, the damage ticks were 5 per. It's now 50. 10x increase? Seriously?
Can anyone confirm if this was an intentional 'fix' or not?
I'd be more understanding if this was isolated to the magmasaur dens only.

5 per tick seems like kind of a joke.

I used to live in the lava cave on the center so I'm no stranger to falling in lava. It always killed you super fast back then and I feel like thats warranted, since, you know, its lava.

On 1/7/2022 at 7:58 AM, St1ckyBandit said:

5 per tick seems like kind of a joke.

I used to live in the lava cave on the center so I'm no stranger to falling in lava. It always killed you super fast back then and I feel like thats warranted, since, you know, its lava.

I get it. Just was a little salty over the change, since I built my base over lava thinking it was going to be a lot more lax, and got used to the 5tick per.

From the ARK wiki, regarding the Lava Cave on The Island:

• Lava will not kill you instantly, but will do 75 damage every second. It is possible to save yourself if you manage to find a rock to jump on On Mobile however, lava kills anything instantly, making escape impossible.

I'm not sure why, but I want to remember lava being extremely dangerous, like killing you in one hit. 50 damage is a polite way of saying "Sir, please don't step on me". I think it should deal the same damage everywhere though, because that could definitely surprize you...

1 hour ago, Zibnewski said:

From the ARK wiki, regarding the Lava Cave on The Island:

• Lava will not kill you instantly, but will do 75 damage every second. It is possible to save yourself if you manage to find a rock to jump on On Mobile however, lava kills anything instantly, making escape impossible.

I'm not sure why, but I want to remember lava being extremely dangerous, like killing you in one hit. 50 damage is a polite way of saying "Sir, please don't step on me". I think it should deal the same damage everywhere though, because that could definitely surprize you...

If you drop your phone in lava while playing mobile ark, Steve Jobs aint gonna save you. Insta kill.

I've heard of water resistant but I dont think Apple is up to lava resistant yet.

Archived