Harsh end to xmas event

Zoglet

Just spent two days trying to find high level thyla. Finally found one, tamed it, get baby, but one hour before imprint, server switches back to 1x. Imprint now gave me 17% but now Dododex tells me it will be adult before I can fully imprint. I guess in 3x it outgrew it’s now current 1x imprinting rate. 

Nothing I can do about it, right?

44 minutes ago, Zoglet said:

Just spent two days trying to find high level thyla. Finally found one, tamed it, get baby, but one hour before imprint, server switches back to 1x. Imprint now gave me 17% but now Dododex tells me it will be adult before I can fully imprint. I guess in 3x it outgrew it’s now current 1x imprinting rate. 

You can try podding it till the V day event or the next breeding event but its not a guarantee. You could also try kangaroos but they might get too big to be carried. You want to hatch/birth things in 1x and raise on 3x if possible but if not you can always breed them again, especially if its a female baby you can breed the baby and the mom and get 2 instead of 1. Imprint doesnt pass on in breeding so breeders dont really need to be imprinted. 

2 hours ago, Zoglet said:

well, you can use it as a breeder if you want.....If the stats are good and you can breed one with whatever else you got or can get, then you can use it to make more thyla babies and maybe add some mutations.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give you guys a second thanks for comments. I'm not sure what was up with Dododex but I actually managed to get 100% imprint on that one tame by a few minutes lol, but I'm extremely grateful for the Kanga tip. It took me a full week to find and tame a male-female pair (ark knows what you're looking for, I swear) but since then I have used on my sabers and thyla and it gives me a nice comfortable wiggle room by getting ahead of the imprint curve. 

Not sure if the wiki page on carryable tames and maturity levels before getting kicked is accurate though. I tried to use on Tapejara and it wasn't having any of it.

Thanks again!

3 hours ago, Zoglet said:

Just to give you guys a second thanks for comments. I'm not sure what was up with Dododex but I actually managed to get 100% imprint on that one tame by a few minutes lol, but I'm extremely grateful for the Kanga tip. It took me a full week to find and tame a male-female pair (ark knows what you're looking for, I swear) but since then I have used on my sabers and thyla and it gives me a nice comfortable wiggle room by getting ahead of the imprint curve. 

Not sure if the wiki page on carryable tames and maturity levels before getting kicked is accurate though. I tried to use on Tapejara and it wasn't having any of it.

Thanks again!

not a problem man, and I absolutely agree with you on the "ark knows what your looking for" quote. Killed thousands of times by perfect or near perfect creatures that inevitably the next day I decide to tame, and spend a week before giving up and taming a lvl 80, just to find that perfect level again after you no longer need it XD

And dododex is more of a strong suggestion, then a "always applicable perfect mathematical equation." Use it to get a strong idea of what is going on, but be prepared to adjust on the fly.

Archived