help? Local game completely reset

ThoricJester

I have been playing on a local game on pc and the settings and everything inside the game has reset twice resulting in loss of all of my tames, items, and base and any mods I had on were taken off and all of my settings reset to default. When I log in it says I had died and I need to respawn, but when I do I have no bed to respawn at and all of the progress I had made is gone. I am unsure to the cause nor how to fix it. I don't even know where to post to try to get help on this matter.

Hi,

I'm not a real expert on local games as i administer a rather large cluster, but the basics should be the same essentially...

The things that make up your character and "belongings" are the savefiles.

If you for example re-installed ark, or wiped your drive or did some other change to your mashine, the save folders will ofc also be wiped.

the files you are looking for in your backups (yo do those of course right? :P ), would be:

1st off your GUS (GameUserSettings.ini) and game.ini files (usually located in gamelocation\Shootergame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer)

then your map savefile (mapnamexxdatexx.ark or (latest one) mapname.ark) - usually located in gamelocation\Shootergame\Saved\SavedArks

your character would be the *steamIDhere.arkprofile

then look for the corresponding *.arktribe and *.arktributetribe file

Hope this helps a bit, 

Stay away from those carno's :D

16 hours ago, ThoricJester said:

I have been playing on a local game on pc and the settings and everything inside the game has reset twice resulting in loss of all of my tames, items, and base and any mods I had on were taken off and all of my settings reset to default. When I log in it says I had died and I need to respawn, but when I do I have no bed to respawn at and all of the progress I had made is gone. I am unsure to the cause nor how to fix it. I don't even know where to post to try to get help on this matter.

You could make backups of your savedata by going into the maps given by previous poster.
When you start a map fresh, when there arent any savegames of that map found, there is NO folder icon showing before that map. Every map that has savegames has a folder before it. You can manually search your pc for savegames. Maybe the folder is set to look in a different location. If there is a savegame and there is a folder icon showing in front of the maps (SinglePlayer startup screen, with all the options etc) It could be that you have Hardcore mode enabled, thus giving you the message: "You died".
Hardcore mode means the map, with its content is still in the savegame, only you will be kicked out of your tribe and have to start a new character. If for some other reason you are kicked out of the tribe or something, just enable creative and go look for your base. If its there you can cheat-command yourself into the tribe again.

You say you have mods, is this not a mod thing? Sorry if this is all useless info, just trying to help...

It always happens to me. Every time resets my game. They never fixed it. In fact, wild card never fixes single player bugs. The last bug they fixed was the skylord artifact, which since 2016 has never spawned in the cave, and only after 4 years they fixed it.

However, there are several bugs that have never been fixed, such as the trike buff that never works after closing the game, the polymer weight in the pelagonis that is not reduced by 80%, the game restarting and losing progress, the duplicated character and losing all progress, the mammoth buff that never works on allied dinosaurs, uploading and downloading dinosaurs to the cloud between nevers that never worked, all singleplayer bugs that were never fixed. Plus the free map bugs that take years to fix or just don't fix. 

By the way, they disappeared with my bug posts. I can't see any of my posts about the bugs I reported.

7 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

You could make backups of your savedata by going into the maps given by previous poster.
When you start a map fresh, when there arent any savegames of that map found, there is NO folder icon showing before that map. Every map that has savegames has a folder before it. You can manually search your pc for savegames. Maybe the folder is set to look in a different location. If there is a savegame and there is a folder icon showing in front of the maps (SinglePlayer startup screen, with all the options etc) It could be that you have Hardcore mode enabled, thus giving you the message: "You died".
Hardcore mode means the map, with its content is still in the savegame, only you will be kicked out of your tribe and have to start a new character. If for some other reason you are kicked out of the tribe or something, just enable creative and go look for your base. If its there you can cheat-command yourself into the tribe again.

You say you have mods, is this not a mod thing? Sorry if this is all useless info, just trying to help...

I am not on hard-core mode, it doesn't have the message that I had died it just sent me back to the spawn in map and it is like none of the progress I had made ever existed in the 1st place. I go back to where my base was and there isn't a base, no tames or anything. I will look at the save data and see if there is anything I can do in that but im not sure how to set the folder to be the primary place the game loads to for my saved data.

Also it happens when I use no mods

I used to play exclusively single player only but I will never ever play SP again. The reason , I lost 2 maps with years of work in both for no reason whatsoever. In my case the maps got corrupted. Working fine the one day and next they they can't even load anymore.
I went the route of making my own private server with ASM ( Ark server manager ) and haven't had any issues since then. I would suggest you look into that and never return to single player. You can even run the server on the same pc as the client , you don't need 2 pc's as long as you have enough RAM.

The day I can't run my own server anymore for whatever reason is the day I will quit Ark as single player will never see me again. I could kind off live with all the countless bugs in SP and find workarounds for many of them. But the loss of years of work for no reason was the last straw for me.

2 hours ago, Wikus said:

I used to play exclusively single player only but I will never ever play SP again. The reason , I lost 2 maps with years of work in both for no reason whatsoever. In my case the maps got corrupted. Working fine the one day and next they they can't even load anymore.
I went the route of making my own private server with ASM ( Ark server manager ) and haven't had any issues since then. I would suggest you look into that and never return to single player. You can even run the server on the same pc as the client , you don't need 2 pc's as long as you have enough RAM.

The day I can't run my own server anymore for whatever reason is the day I will quit Ark as single player will never see me again. I could kind off live with all the countless bugs in SP and find workarounds for many of them. But the loss of years of work for no reason was the last straw for me.

I will definitely look into that, thank you

Archived