My kid's awesome and hilarious mod idea

maxplanck58

So my daughter is an Ark veteran of a couple of years (creative mode: dinosaurs are too cute to fight), and just came up with the most hilarious mod idea that I think would add a new dimension to the game:  The Poopy-pants mod.

New status icon: the potty-meter (picture of a toilet).  Over time, the potty meter goes up, faster when you eat and drink.  When it is almost at the top, you fart as a warning that it is almost time to go.  If you don't get to a toilet in time or take your pants off when the meter reaches the top, you poop your pants.  A message appears that says (in big, brown letters), "YOU HAVE SOILED YOUR PANTS!"

Effects of having soiled pants:

1)  Creatures will me more alerted to your presence, like an anti-ghillie suit.  Most carnivores will find you faster, most herbivores will run sooner.  This would be bad for taming.

2)  Dung beetles will follow you with soiled pants, and you will a taming buff when attempting to tame them.  This is good for dung beetle taming.

3)  Random chance a swarm of insects will spawn around you and pursue you.  Options are to either fight them or take off and drop your pants for them to lose interest.  This could be bad, unless you really need chitin.

4) Carnotaurs dislike the smell of poop and will be uninterested in you (unless they are following a Yutyrannus).

5) When looking at your pants in inventory, brown letters spell "SOILED" on the picture.  Also, your poop will be a log instead of a perfect sphere.

Cleaning soiled pants: 

Poopy pants can be cleaned in a couple of ways.

1) "Repaired" with a jar of water and bar of soap (made from organic poly and oil in a cooker)

2) Submerged in water with soap in your inventory for 10 seconds.

3) Put the poopy pants in a dung beetle's inventory - it will be cleaned in 3 minutes.

This will make players have to make good decisions about using the restroom before heading into a dangerous situation or leave on a long journey.  It is also a good incentive to build a nice bathroom in your base.  My daughter gives you full permission to steal her idea and make the mod.

Archived