Origami snow owls

ZombiejesusX

On 1/6/2022 at 4:16 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

I've been reading a lot of accounts the patch made it worse.

Just out of curiosity, are there any hints the issues are getting properly adressed anytime soon?

Finding more and more issues on officials as well as on creative solo with walking in/under the map and not just the dino'd turning origami but large parts of several maps as well.
Recently I was invited to a private server on Lost Island and initialy the overall performance was not bad at all but as we speak it is getting worse by the day.

This week I've emptied the cache of the PS5 twice and rebuilded the systems database, running only ARK from the systems SSD and the rest from a 4TB internal. Never had this many crashes. Are the servers the issue, my system, my internet or just the game?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
43 minutes ago, MMaas said:

are there any hints the issues are getting properly adressed anytime soon?

We don't get a lot of access to this type of thing from Wildcard. They will usually let us know if it's a known issue and/or they are working on it. If we ask. Many times, we do bring issues to light to the team because we are in a good place to see the correlations and rate of affected users. Even if we do hear of details, we can't disclose anything that WildCard hasn't already made public themselves. Pretty normal for this line of work.

44 minutes ago, MMaas said:

Are the servers the issue, my system, my internet or just the game?

I can almost guarantee it's an issue with the port to the PS version of the game. A different company handles the ports for the consoles. So I'm sure there are always challenges there be it communications, timelines etc.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, MMaas said:

My system is updated... All servers gone except ARKpocalypse and a testserver... Sofar the "see you in 15 minutes :P

Hope it is worth it and tomorow is another day...

Console updates are the best. The servers take a while to come back online and then a while to show in the UI.

Sometimes the clients don't download.

Gotta be patient. 

I don't always take my own advice.

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Gotta be patient. 

I don't always take my own advice.

Both ttrue lol

I was impatient so I even tried my Island map sologame. Not sure what happened but I did not see the origami dino's, neither did I found drops sunken in the rocks.
Sofar this update seems to do what they tried the previous update ;)

2 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

well, at least the fix is in the tunnels......Hopefully. 

Hate to find out I gotta nuke my lost island run cause of something goofy or they don't even acknowledge its a problem on the xbox. x.x

/consolewartrollmode = on
The problem with Xbox is people owning them
/consoletrollmode = off

The update did improve more than any other patch this year. Almost no origami dino's and map is a lot better.

2 minutes ago, MMaas said:

/consolewartrollmode = on
The problem with Xbox is people owning them
/consoletrollmode = off

The update did improve more than any other patch this year. Almost no origami dino's and map is a lot better.

Hey, Im for crossplay. And honestly I didn't have any issues at all untill the end of the Christmas event. So blaming this system, that system, or the other isn't really doing anything when its wildcard with their untested patches thats at fault here.

You can have a million dollar gaming PC, custom privately owned server, and friends only allowed in to play.....If the developer screws up and sets rendering distance at 0.04 meters, your not gonna have fun anyhow. :P 

1 minute ago, wizard03 said:

Hey, Im for crossplay. And honestly I didn't have any issues at all untill the end of the Christmas event. So blaming this system, that system, or the other isn't really doing anything when its wildcard with their untested patches thats at fault here.

You can have a million dollar gaming PC, custom privately owned server, and friends only allowed in to play.....If the developer screws up and sets rendering distance at 0.04 meters, your not gonna have fun anyhow. :P 

As far as I know the biggest issues were for PS5. Wich I can confirm since I've seen our PS5 next to our old PS4. Consider yourself lucky with 0.04m render, I had many times a negative render ;)

/consolewartrollmode = killalltrolls :P

10 minutes ago, MMaas said:

As far as I know the biggest issues were for PS5. Wich I can confirm since I've seen our PS5 next to our old PS4. Consider yourself lucky with 0.04m render, I had many times a negative render ;)

/consolewartrollmode = killalltrolls :P

negative render......how would that even work? See a titanasaur on the other end of the island, but nothing loads in, so even thought its just a speck its the only speck in sight? XD

32 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

negative render......how would that even work? See a titanasaur on the other end of the island, but nothing loads in, so even thought its just a speck its the only speck in sight? XD

Flying over a base and nothing's there. Look back and finaly seeing it.
Walking between my dino's, looking not to bad. Then turning around an walking the same way back: Origami!
Pretty negative, not?

13 hours ago, MMaas said:

Flying over a base and nothing's there. Look back and finaly seeing it.
Walking between my dino's, looking not to bad. Then turning around an walking the same way back: Origami!
Pretty negative, not?

Hmm, sounds to me like its more slow loading. What I was preaching before finally see'ing the light of the true problem. 

What I was talking with .04m rendering was not being able to see creatures untill you stepped on them. Not even origami style. Just blank space while walking. Nothing.....nothing.....nothing, Oh hi mr alpha raptor who is already clawing my face off.

3 hours ago, wizard03 said:

What I was talking with .04m rendering was not being able to see creatures untill you stepped on them. Not even origami style. Just blank space while walking. Nothing.....nothing.....nothing, Oh hi mr alpha raptor who is already clawing my face off.

Oh, that.
Quite normal to me. First you can't move, then a wall starts to build on the horizon, dino's pop up closer and closer to you and finaly you are catapulted backwards between the jaws of the 3 rexes you were fleeing from. The last thing your wyvern ever see is the gate popping up around you. The negative render is the move backwards ;)

Bad news: That crap still happens. Lost my first Lost Island wyvern that way yesterday. After the famous patch...
More bad news: Initialy the origami seemed fixed but overtime it started to happen more often and to more types of dino's.

Good news sofar: The map seemed more stable and for some reason I expect that to be stable.

4 hours ago, MMaas said:

Oh, that.
Quite normal to me. First you can't move, then a wall starts to build on the horizon, dino's pop up closer and closer to you and finaly you are catapulted backwards between the jaws of the 3 rexes you were fleeing from. The last thing your wyvern ever see is the gate popping up around you. The negative render is the move backwards ;)

Bad news: That crap still happens. Lost my first Lost Island wyvern that way yesterday. After the famous patch...
More bad news: Initialy the origami seemed fixed but overtime it started to happen more often and to more types of dino's.

Good news sofar: The map seemed more stable and for some reason I expect that to be stable.

I like good news.....Hopefull my SSD will be able to keep up to keep the origami in check, but the falling through the map part is what killed it for me. x.x I would still be playing if it wasn't for that. 

How about the dino levels? Are they reasonably high as they said they would be? I ask cause I only found one argy over level 100 before Picaso got involved. 

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Are they reasonably high as they said they would be? I ask cause I only found one argy over level 100 before Picaso got involved. 

My tribemates are reasonably high, they refuse to tame sub 145 giga's. My level is never far above the waist.
Might be I did get confused by the question, still recovery from the Picaso picture :P

(on topic: still got the feeling the SSD is beneficial for almost every game. Almost.)

13 hours ago, MMaas said:

My tribemates are reasonably high, they refuse to tame sub 145 giga's. My level is never far above the waist.
Might be I did get confused by the question, still recovery from the Picaso picture :P

(on topic: still got the feeling the SSD is beneficial for almost every game. Almost.)

I was asking if the levels of the dinos seem to be better than it was before hand. Supposedly the levels of the dino's was kinda meh and puny at best and they decided to go ahead and crank it up a lil bit so that you could find more dino's over level 100. Not saying everything is going to be level 150 or such, but you should be seeing a lot more 130-140, ect. ect.

Archived