Origami snow owls

ZombiejesusX

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ZombiejesusX said:

Tamed an owl and he can't keep his shape. If it does pop in, it lasts for a second or 2 and goes back to looking like a floating origami mess. Is console getting an update sometime soon? This sucks, makes me not want to play at all.

Sadly the problem is not on wildcard, its the outdated console hard drives. This has been a problem since the release of the very first xbox one and ps4, it just took a couple years before it started to be an issue. The storage speed was just too underpowered and games such as fallout 4 and PUBG just made it more and more obvious that future gaming consoles would need faster performing storage drives to provide better gaming performances.

All it took was wildcard to release one of the biggest maps with the most creatures in it, with a lot of dense foliage and jungle terrain for it to final crack the camels back, but they gave everyone exactly what we wanted. More to everything.

As much as you wish wildcard would fix this, their hands are very tied down anymore and there is only so much that they can actually do for us last gen console users. First one is most apparent, upgrade to the next gen console {xbox series, or ps5}. It took the Microsoft and PlayStation only a year or two to figure out how bad their hard drives was, but then they had to wait for Pcie 4.0 to become a standard so that they could use it to make the next gen boards to utilize any SSD they adapted to its maximum potential.....well, as far as cheap SSD's can go. This is why only "select" SSD's can be used on the PlayStation. Xbox just decided to go full blow monopolist and incorporated Seagate as their dedicated SSD supplier. Time will tell if they will actually let go of it so we can buy our own SSD's, but it might take years of business politics.

As for us on last gen, there is one thing you can do, use an external SSD connected via USB 3.0. You can either buy an all in one unit, but if your on xbox, you need to have one bigger than 250GB minimum for you to be able to use it as an outside storage device. I think PlayStation has the same requirement, but Id suggest going bigger. Ark is a big game, 300GB "might" be enough, might. 500BG would be best. Also make sure it can plug into the PlayStation or use's USB 3.0 to connect with.

The good news is if you do decide to do this, it has already been confirmed that you can use the drive on the next gen consoles. Granted, some new games that are produced later on may not be allowed to be saved onto these drives, but you can literally dump your current library into the SSD on your current console, unplug it from one console, take it to the next, plug it in, and boom your games are immediately ready to play. No need for upload or downloads, its literally boom right there.

-----------------------------------------------------

After realizing my wall of text, here is the simple version:

OLD CONSOLE SLOW, NEW CONSOLE FAST. CAN'T AFFORD NEW CONSOLE? GET THIS THINGY---> Amazon.com: Seagate Expansion SSD 500GB Solid State Drive – USB 3.0 for PC Laptop and Mac, 3-Year Rescue Service (STJD500400) : Electronics

On 1/2/2022 at 3:00 AM, wizard03 said:

Sadly the problem is not on wildcard, its the outdated console hard drives.

Ehm... No.

This issue is absolutely on WC as far as it concerns consoles: The Genesis 2 "upgrade" introduced a huge graphical downgrade on my PS4 wich I hoped to improve on the PS5. They did not. Until then the most noticable slow texture loading were naked Deino's, now it's watching origami dino's for MINUTES!

In fact, every update since was introducing a graphical upgrade that was an actual downgrade. Not just on official but also on solo. We get more detailed models and textures at the cost of slow loading and reduced loading distance to the point you can't even aim at your traps while kiting but have to memorize the route from turn south at the little rock to the big pond and after the big tree look back and see if the trap did already render behind you.

ARK was never optimized for consoles on 4K TV sets and the improved models/textures of 2021 should not have been implemented on console versions if they don't use the console storage.
Serious, an SSD, XsX or PS5 will not improve anything. Tried PS4 Pro with external 2TB SSD, PS5 on onboard SSD, external SSD and internal 2TB. Same crap in every configuration. The only improvement the 5 had over the 4 was the sound: No more jet engine while using a torch or watching eggs.

Edit: And no, it's not my internet. Gigabit glasfiber, not using wifi but ethernet.

On 1/2/2022 at 3:00 AM, wizard03 said:

Would recommend not to waste money on only 500GB, 2TB is very affordable since externals don't need to be faster than their weakest link, the USB.

Further more a fair warning for Europeans: This particulair webshop is under fire for canceling accounts for unknown reasons while not returning the money of not deliverd purchases in the process.
On top of that, it is not responding to formal requests unless done by lawyers. Our national consumer organisation has it on the "never responds" list, wich means every dispute has to be settled in court.
Would recommend to find a more reliable shop.

7 hours ago, MMaas said:

Ehm... No.

This issue is absolutely on WC as far as it concerns consoles: The Genesis 2 "upgrade" introduced a huge graphical downgrade on my PS4 wich I hoped to improve on the PS5. They did not. Until then the most noticable slow texture loading were naked Deino's, now it's watching origami dino's for MINUTES!
ARK was never optimized for consoles on 4K TV sets and the improved models/textures of 2021 should not have been implemented on console versions if they don't use the console storage.
Serious, an SSD, XsX or PS5 will not improve anything. Tried PS4 Pro with external 2TB SSD, PS5 on onboard SSD, external SSD and internal 2TB. Same crap in every configuration. The only improvement the 5 had over the 4 was the sound: No more jet engine while using a torch or watching eggs.

Edit: And no, it's not my internet. Gigabit glasfiber, not using wifi but ethernet.

Its not an internet problem, its a loading problem....I don't have any of these issues on my xbox, but then again I have the external SSD enclosure with a san disk 960gb ssd....all my snow owls are snow owls, not roblox textured snow owls.
 find it hard to believe that the PS5 is having the same issues, but if it is, showcase a video of it please. Id like to see it and see of there is anything obvious that I could help with.
As for the game getting optimized, well I can agree with you there. Heck even the PC version could probably do with some optimizations, but consoles really do need worked on more so.

7 hours ago, MMaas said:

Would recommend not to waste money on only 500GB, 2TB is very affordable since externals don't need to be faster than their weakest link, the USB.

Further more a fair warning for Europeans: This particulair webshop is under fire for canceling accounts for unknown reasons while not returning the money of not deliverd purchases in the process.
On top of that, it is not responding to formal requests unless done by lawyers. Our national consumer organisation has it on the "never responds" list, wich means every dispute has to be settled in court.
Would recommend to find a more reliable shop.

Well, not sure if you want to pay extra for something your only going to be useing for a year or two, unless you are going to also run it on the next gen consoles. Then yeah, 2 TB is a better buy.....as for the webshop I posted, I was not trying to direct people to this particular link, but showcaseing what they would need.....You can buy it anywhere, amazon, best buy, microcenter.......its just supposed to be an idea versus buy it from this guy at this website/shop.

On 1/3/2022 at 3:09 AM, Rumackay said:

I'm lucky enough to have snagged a PS5 a month ago. The origami/render issue is happening on PS5 too, well at least on mine and another player's who I chatted with in game over the weekend

I just got a serie x and the differnece from xbox one is massive, i have no render issues at all, dinos just looks crisp at all time, bases load in very fast, havent had any freeze issues at all like i had on old gen when loading bases or detailed enviornment. It just feel like a totally different game.

So sounds a bit weird that you got that issue on the ps5

The performance in general is absolutely so much noticeably better. But since the release of LI and the WW event these issues have started showing up for me and at least one other PS5 user that I know of. Prior to that I didn't have anything resembling these issues. I'm hoping that whatever it is, it's fixed with the update when the event ends

7 hours ago, iAgnehole said:

I just got a serie x and the differnece from xbox one is massive, i have no render issues at all, dinos just looks crisp at all time, bases load in very fast, havent had any freeze issues at all like i had on old gen when loading bases or detailed enviornment. It just feel like a totally different game.

So sounds a bit weird that you got that issue on the ps5

I have a ps5 and can confirm that the texture issue is present every time I play the game.

Arks had texture pop in and rendering issues for quite a while but lost island took it to a whole new level. It's no longer an amusing haha look that owl was just a triangle for a few seconds, it's basically 24/7 now and pertains to structures, terrain, other dinos, weapons etc.

Loving the new map but this issue sucks. It was funny at first but its just annoying now.

On 1/3/2022 at 1:35 PM, wizard03 said:

Its not an internet problem, its a loading problem....I don't have any of these issues on my xbox, but then again I have the external SSD enclosure with a san disk 960gb ssd....all my snow owls are snow owls, not roblox textured snow owls.

If it is loading from servers it is both. After discussing my issues with other during ally actions it seems that your region also has a part in the issue. On a side note: My best experience is on crossplatform servers.
Just wondering, how big is the filesize on Xbox and PC? On PS5 it is only 99GB.

Sorry I can't post any video on here.

5 hours ago, MMaas said:

If it is loading from servers it is both. After discussing my issues with other during ally actions it seems that your region also has a part in the issue. On a side note: My best experience is on crossplatform servers.
Just wondering, how big is the filesize on Xbox and PC? On PS5 it is only 99GB.

Sorry I can't post any video on here.

I unno, 350?....might be 500 now. I can try to check tomarrow.....and how? Doesn't playstation have an instant record to youtube feature? xbox has the xbox dvr website....its really heavy on the advertisements, but you can instantly record something that just happened and it automatically uploads to the website in 4k, but if you got something you want to share, boom like that https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wizardo3/video/149779585

12 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I have a ps5 and can confirm that the texture issue is present every time I play the game. Arks had texture pop in and rendering issues for quite a while but lost island took it to a whole new level. It's no longer an amusing haha look that owl was just a triangle for a few seconds, it's basically 24/7 now and pertains to structures, terrain, other dinos, weapons etc. Loving the new map but this issue sucks. It was funny at first but its just annoying now.

weeeeeeeiiiiiiiirrrrrrrd........Im guessing its a playstation port problem now that others have chimed in. Seems xbox users are still running ok, but the ps5 should be just as good as the xbox series. Hell it should be better than an out of date one x with the external SSD trick. o.o

well I got to apologize, I would have sworn it was just a latency issue from the storage unit, but now that I have seen the posts, I am guessing that there is something odd going on with the playstation side of the last update. To be honest, I expected people from the last gen consoles would be experiencing these issues specifically. Apparently there is more to this than just out of date hardware users.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:17 AM, wizard03 said:

Doesn't playstation have an instant record to youtube feature?

The issue is me: I have my PS and I have the rest. Not connecting any other chanels or devices to my gaming, not having Twitch.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:17 AM, wizard03 said:

I unno, 350?....might be 500 now. I can try to check tomarrow.

That big difference is either crappy storage management on Xbox or ARK being so stupid not using PS storage but server instead.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

A 6 minute download followed by a 45 minute update later, I tried the patch.

In short: On Crystals Isles it SUX!
Most textures on dino's load faster but still not consistent. In return however... The map textures and objects are taking a hit, quit a few objects stay blury as dilo crap! Foliage is changing in a weird colored circle. Parts of my own base are not rendered until I've past them while on a wyvern, feeding throughs and their content are a bland very low res blur. Some construction parts get their normal level of detail but most are PS2 quality.

FFS, do they even test a patch? Do they ever try to play their own game on a PS4/5 in a quit normal livingroom setup???
Sorry for not being polite about this, but serious: The last year every major patch was a graphical downgrade wich was mentioned in several post, comments and reports. Every crash is automaticly reported to Sony, including the gameplay video prior to the event. Is this footage never viewed by WC? I might be simple but for some reason I would think Sony and WC should communicate issues!

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, MMaas said:

A 6 minute download followed by a 45 minute update later, I tried the patch.

In short: On Crystals Isles it SUX!
Most textures on dino's load faster but still not consistent. In return however... The map textures and objects are taking a hit, quit a few objects stay blury as dilo crap! Foliage is changing in a weird colored circle. Parts of my own base are not rendered until I've past them while on a wyvern, feeding throughs and their content are a bland very low res blur. Some construction parts get their normal level of detail but most are PS2 quality.

FFS, do they even test a patch? Do they ever try to play their own game on a PS4/5 in a quit normal livingroom setup???
Sorry for not being polite about this, but serious: The last year every major patch was a graphical downgrade wich was mentioned in several post, comments and reports. Every crash is automaticly reported to Sony, including the gameplay video prior to the event. Is this footage never viewed by WC? I might be simple but for some reason I would think Sony and WC should communicate issues!

I've been reading a lot of accounts the patch made it worse.

Archived