hopes for ark 2 stuff

Nightshade117

1. it wont be buggy. please, PLEASE test it thoroughly and shut your lips about stuff til its ready. dont want to promise something you cant deliver right?

2. natural crafting areas. it would be cool to have large structures you can use already in the map, like a dock that can make larger vehicles.

3. we are humans. we build things, and we love things with huge wheels. why not make large vehicles? im thinking helicarriers, submarines, that one big box thing in star wars that jawas drive in the desert. the point is that humans love big vehicles, even if it functions less as a vehicle and more as a mobile base. im very much looking forward to industrial sized submarines. maybe give the bigger vehicles long range artillery or on demand supply drops? definitely want to make them upgradable or customizable. maybe a cargo ship or a flying fortress? nothing is more satisfying than a well executed bombing run.

4. smaller vehicles. anything is better than that disgraceful ATV. maybe a warthog from halo, lol.

I'm not sure if vehicles are going to be a major focus with Ark 2. There's been a lot of community backlash anytime something futuristic is added to the game (Think "this used to be a dinosaur game"). WC seems to have drawn back on these additions because Lost Island encourages more primitive gear due to the Dinopithecus' abilities. Also within the Ark 2 trailers everything looks very primitive. Even if they added more Tek items and concepts in Ark 2, I do not believe that vehicles would be popular (I, for one, would not be happy with them). I say this because everyone likes dinosaurs. Regardless of opinion on Tek or the lore of the game, dinosaurs were and still are the main draw of the game. Plenty of other survival games have vehicles, but how many of those games have a space dolphin that can be used as a starfighter? Ark, in a way, has its vehicles.

Archived