"battle eye query timeout" every 15 minutes without fail!!!

brettapuss

hello i started playing ark again yesterday i found a server to play on and i played 5 hours straight without a problem. i logged on today and i have played 3 hours with nothing but "battleeye query timeout" popping up and kicking me from the server every 15 minutes. for the first hour i thought it was just random times it was happening, but then i decided to get my phone out and time it. literally used my stop watch on my phone and literally bang on 15 minutes to the second it kicks me from the server. ive googled the issue and its a common problem with battle eye across all games such as conan exiles, DayZ, ARK, destiny 2 and arma 3. ive only seen 1 fix and that was for destiny 2 and i tried it for my ark situation, but it didnt work and that was by allowing Battleeye EXE and battleeye ark past my firewall. ive asked about this on the steam discussion nobody is responding im considering just uninstalling the game and giving up at this point. 

so update, ive tried ruinstalling the game twice. ive deleted every single file relating to BE off my pc, deleted any game on my pc thats also running BE, let battleye into the firewall, restarted my router, ive tried about 15 different servers. none of these have worked. ive got 275 hours on this game and never run into this issue in the past now all of a sudden my game is totally unplayable, unless of course i wanna play for 15 minutes then have to rejoin the server. 

unfortunately the ark community dont seem to respond to anything either since ive also spend the last 24 hours asking on the steam discussion and not a single response. i suppose i can leave this here as a post that can let anyone know if theyre in my position dont waste anywhere near as much time trying to fix this as i have. your games broke unfortunately 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So I realize this is a bit of a necro here but this is one of the only threads I've found to the issue that I have been currently experiencing.

I have been having the exact same issue as Brettapuss. It started 2 weeks ago but I didn't start diagnosing or trying to resolve until really this weekend.

On 5/1/2022 at 10:10 PM, GrumpyBear said:

Do you have a controller setup with steam for other games?

If so, someone said if that was the case - to go into big picture mode, go to controller settings, then remove all check boxes in there.  Restart steam and it should go away.

Right off the bat though I can confirm that this solution posted above does nothing to resolve the issue.

I won't bother going into details on how I was diagnosing the issue because that was super involved and very scattered. 
But ultimately I have come to the conclusion that its really nothing to do with Ark or BattleEye but actually windows, or in my case Nvidia, that is likely causing the issue.

And after doing everything...and I mean everything to resolve it.
unknown.png
And ultimately failing. I am going to have to wipe the entire PC to fix it. Not great news. 

Ill post later after the formatting is all said and done to let you know if that fixed it...because if it doesn't than really the only other thing I can think of is a direct hardware issue.

1 hour ago, Tomyallen said:

So I realize this is a bit of a necro here but this is one of the only threads I've found to the issue that I have been currently experiencing.

I have been having the exact same issue as Brettapuss. It started 2 weeks ago but I didn't start diagnosing or trying to resolve until really this weekend.

Right off the bat though I can confirm that this solution posted above does nothing to resolve the issue.

I won't bother going into details on how I was diagnosing the issue because that was super involved and very scattered. 
But ultimately I have come to the conclusion that its really nothing to do with Ark or BattleEye but actually windows, or in my case Nvidia, that is likely causing the issue.

unknown.png
And ultimately failing. I am going to have to wipe the entire PC to fix it. Not great news. 

Ill post later after the formatting is all said and done to let you know if that fixed it...because if it doesn't than really the only other thing I can think of is a direct hardware issue.

I know I hadn't verified for myself, one way or the other, if that solution would fix it for myself. I should have followed up with my results at the time I had the problem.  I ended up experiencing the problem for some time after trying a few things.  I think the last thing I did was uninstalled steam and reinstalled it.  I'm not sure if that is what fixed it, but the problem did go away afterwards.

I also stopped playing the game I was playing, using the controller, around the same time.  I can't confirm if either action had any real impact on the problem.

Edited by GrumpyBear

On 7/10/2022 at 8:25 PM, Tomyallen said:

unknown.png

He can't give us the results because he wiped the pc,  and now this thread isn't in his history,  and he hasn't found it manually yet. 

Just a guess.  I'm also guessing it didn't fix it. 

On 7/11/2022 at 1:00 AM, GrumpyBear said:

I know I hadn't verified for myself, one way or the other, if that solution would fix it for myself. I should have followed up with my results at the time I had the problem.  I ended up experiencing the problem for some time after trying a few things.  I think the last thing I did was uninstalled steam and reinstalled it.  I'm not sure if that is what fixed it, but the problem did go away afterwards.

I also stopped playing the game I was playing, using the controller, around the same time.  I can't confirm if either action had any real impact on the problem.

I uninstalled all of steam and turned off my controller settings in steam. After reinstalling steam and only installing Ark it still kicked me with the same error.
And I've been using controller for nearly all my games for years (grew on up console) so it shouldn't be happening now.

1 hour ago, Mephilis78 said:

He can't give us the results because he wiped the pc,  and now this thread isn't in his history,  and he hasn't found it manually yet. 

Just a guess.  I'm also guessing it didn't fix it. 

Haven't done the reset yet. Will likely happen this weekend. And I will post with the results.

I pay for a 2 map cluster for my community so it's not this is something I'm easily giving up on. Nor will I forget to check the threads.
If all else fails then I will take the PC into the shop and have someone else look it over.

So heres a theory...

It is happeneing every 15 minutes,(Is this during the transfer timers resetting from 15 minutes).

Is your p.c profile an admin profile or limited as I have found a lot of past issues on the p.c were having two profiles and using the non admin one.

In Nvidia settings it may be an idea to turn down the anti alaising or things that may put pressure, and I have also found that drivers past Nvidia 504.1 crash my versions of Ark on Windows but not Steam, although it has been a while on console for the ease currently fried my p.c.

Being an official, ia it by chance Gen 2, as I have been testing boosting the servers of Gen1 and 2 for the last three months... And a new test today, resulted in me bossting drops and tame spawns while black boxed, and theb doing it on the other Xbox during the change over so both profiles boosted the server... Well, after that if both characters moved towards a drop even seperate drops would result in the server d dossing itself... Unless someone was, there was 20 to 30 on.

Anyway so I stopped, but now even going to other servers is putting pressure as it may be tracking my characters lifespan.

Finally, please try checking your ports as alternate ports on console have resultes in many crashes compared to the 3074 port.

Ideas anyway, also updating drivers has always helped except for past 504.1, though my p.c should probably not have been able to go past drivers 397.

Also how many were on the server, as it may be a confilct with a player nearby...

Gg's, Ark is also on Windows store, and Epic games app.

Krep in mind re setting up your p.c to not use the same email in admin as your limited profile if you that for safety.

First off to @Relish Nothing you posted was particularly helpful. You posted things I had already cleared as per above. Thanks for trying.

To @Mephilis78 & @GrumpyBear I believe it has been fixed!

Ran a reinstall of windows - not a full formatting - and have not had issues since. Have tested 3 times today with all sessions over 30 minutes and did not get kicked once.

If you are having the same issue try following the directions here: https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/fix-windows-10-repair-install
And remember to back up your files just in case! Thankfully it went well and all my files were intact but you never know when messing with OS.

If it kicks me again anytime soon I'll update but hopefully that's the end of that 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Speaking of necro :) ............

Rag severs where (Official Unofficial What? )? If you can join a battleye protected server ANYWHERE then battleye is no the issue. If your Rag server is not battleye protected then battleye may be  the issue. I think there is a launch option to uninstall it (from steam anyway). Start with that, and re-install it when prompted to join a protected server. ( Or just play on unofficial servers that don't require that rubbish) 

Edited by DirkInSA

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

Speaking of necro :) ............

Rag severs where (Official Unofficial What? )? If you can join a battleye protected server ANYWHERE then battleye is no the issue. If your Rag server is not battleye protected then battleye may be  the issue. I think there is a launch option to uninstall it (from steam anyway). Start with that, and re-install it when prompted to join a protected server. ( Or just play on unofficial servers that don't require that rubbish) 

Judging by all of the hacking on official servers, Battleeye appears to be absolutely useless, to me. Am I missing something?

57 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Judging by all of the hacking on official servers, Battleeye appears to be absolutely useless, to me. Am I missing something?

I'm with you. It's security theater, like the TSA, it provides a comforting illusion of security but not the real thing. (With apologies to any TSA employees, it's not your fault that your agency is nothing more than smoke and mirrors, a super expensive way to make people feel safer even though they're not.)

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
36 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

I'm with you. It's security theater, like the TSA, it provides a comforting illusion of security but not the real thing. (With apologies to any TSA employees, it's not your fault that your agency is nothing more than smoke and mirrors, a super expensive way to make people feel safer even though they're not.)

But... I took my shoes off. We should all be safe now.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...