Pillars and more Pillars

DarknessSS

Hola, soy nuevo en el foro, quería anunciar que el servidor 995 de Genesis 2 pve está lleno de pilares y estructuras vacías, que dificultan la construcción en áreas acuáticas, los jugarás, tienes hasta 4 plataformas oceánicas para evitar la construcción y poder criar bestias marinas, este de los pilares siempre ha sido un gran problema, otras tribus piden hasta 10k de estructuras tek para quitar los pilares, estas son las razones por las que hacen que el pve sea el más tedioso de jugar, he pedido por favor que me ayuden porque hay bases abandonadas y con esos pilares todavía

Tienes que hacer un reporte para eso,con fotos y/o videos demostrando lo que hacen esas tribus.

En mi server de gen 2 tambien estan tomadas las zonas acuaticas,tuve que mandar un reporte cuando me bloquearon la zona donde iba a hacer mi base en el trecho del medio de eden,nisiquiera era la parte de agua,pero esa tribu tomo todo el lugar,en 3 dias estaba limpia de pilares.Al mes encuentro al norte de eden una zona con una gran piscina,segura para criar acuaticos,tome la zona y la misma tribu que reporte antes va y pone pilares,techos,una forja industrial y un teleport.De nuevo mando un reporte,pero no hicieron nada porque yo era el que estaba alrededor de ellos.

• 1 month later...

TL:DR; Massive amounts of pillaring / gate fences /  mega bases near every spawn on 90% of servers with a heartbeat(active players), completely discouraging new players from making a home on servers that are barely alive to begin with.

So I recently started Ark, and ngl, it was ROUGH. Thought about quitting many times in the last week since I started but decided to just power through in an attempt to see the full potential of this game.  People obviously play it, A LOT. I was sure there was a good reason and wanted to discover it for myself.

Well I'm more or less there now. Started on a beginner PvE server and things were ok. Not great, but ok enough to keep me engaged and entertained. Love the taming aspect of the game. Encountered some butt-hat claiming the ENTIRE beach near our humble little base on the lower right hand side of the map. Reported him, he seems to have poofed but his buildings still there sadly(banned/suspended?) bit I digress...

I recently discovered that beginner servers are routinely wiped every now and again. To keep things "true" to the beginner experience. I get it. Kind of a downer that we have to move elsewhere but I was happy to read about transferring characters and ready to travel to a more permanent home on Ark.

I began the arduous task of searching for a new The Island Ark to call home...

First server: Massive bases at almost every spawn or within spitting distance of said spawns. Toxic amounts of pillaring along all shore lines/spawns. Oh well, on to the next.

Second server: Massive bases at almost every spawn...ok.

Third Server: Toxic amounts of pillaring along all shore lines.... *sigh*

Fourth server: Massive bases/gates/pillaring at almost every spawn...

Fifth Server: ............................................................................

Sixth server: 2 people online... Some very minor pillaring... But will probably try to make it work because I refuse to let these kinds of people run me off a game I was starting to enjoy.

I feel like asking why people do this, but I already know the answer. Because they can and because WildCard lets it happen and continue to happen.

In other games, if you spam land claims like this, they(admins/devs) jump on the server within a week or so of a report, see the evidence and immediately delete ALL of the offending clan's structures. All of them. Everywhere on the map.  They then hand out a 2 week suspension or for more egregious/repeat offenders: Perma-bans on ALL official servers. 

So as per my tag on this post: Why is this a thing?

On 2/14/2022 at 5:45 AM, InexorableWrath said:

TL:DR; Massive amounts of pillaring / gate fences /  mega bases near every spawn on 90% of servers with a heartbeat(active players), completely discouraging new players from making a home on servers that are barely alive to begin with.

So I recently started Ark, and ngl, it was ROUGH. Thought about quitting many times in the last week since I started but decided to just power through in an attempt to see the full potential of this game.  People obviously play it, A LOT. I was sure there was a good reason and wanted to discover it for myself.

Well I'm more or less there now. Started on a beginner PvE server and things were ok. Not great, but ok enough to keep me engaged and entertained. Love the taming aspect of the game. Encountered some butt-hat claiming the ENTIRE beach near our humble little base on the lower right hand side of the map. Reported him, he seems to have poofed but his buildings still there sadly(banned/suspended?) bit I digress...

I recently discovered that beginner servers are routinely wiped every now and again. To keep things "true" to the beginner experience. I get it. Kind of a downer that we have to move elsewhere but I was happy to read about transferring characters and ready to travel to a more permanent home on Ark.

I began the arduous task of searching for a new The Island Ark to call home...

First server: Massive bases at almost every spawn or within spitting distance of said spawns. Toxic amounts of pillaring along all shore lines/spawns. Oh well, on to the next.

Second server: Massive bases at almost every spawn...ok.

Third Server: Toxic amounts of pillaring along all shore lines.... *sigh*

Fourth server: Massive bases/gates/pillaring at almost every spawn...

Fifth Server: ............................................................................

Sixth server: 2 people online... Some very minor pillaring... But will probably try to make it work because I refuse to let these kinds of people run me off a game I was starting to enjoy.

I feel like asking why people do this, but I already know the answer. Because they can and because WildCard lets it happen and continue to happen.

In other games, if you spam land claims like this, they(admins/devs) jump on the server within a week or so of a report, see the evidence and immediately delete ALL of the offending clan's structures. All of them. Everywhere on the map.  They then hand out a 2 week suspension or for more egregious/repeat offenders: Perma-bans on ALL official servers. 

So as per my tag on this post: Why is this a thing?

It there weren't pillars all over the beaches, then as a beginner, you would not be able to find any wild animals to kill and harvest.  The beaches instead would be full of just base after base after base after base after base after base..... The beaches will always be eaten up on an older server, they are the first areas to be claimed up.  People don't know how water works for piping it to their bases, so they build as close to water as they can, which is right where you start by the water...

There are plenty of open areas still unclaimed or no longer claimed on all the servers I'm on.  I have bases on ext, aberration, the island, lost island, crystal isles, genOne, genTwo.  And on any one of those maps, I can find space just fine by going inland a bit.  

The 2 things new players fail to do is:  1: level up until they can make a raft, then build a temporary mobile base and THEN EXPLORE.  #2 NOT ask people for free dinos and equipment, instead - ask if anyones seen any unclaimed areas?  They might not be in the best locations, but your first base location doesn't have to be your final base location.  And sure people will chime in oh sorry no land here .... that's just how people are.  Plenty of us will give you tips on where you can build, or might even have a location that is pillared because an old ally gave it up.  Maybe they would give you some space, we tend to help people who help themselves.  The ones coming in asking for free dinos don't last long and therefore don't deserve help.   

On any map with water you can raft on, I've been able to build a raft to get started, tame creatures and then w/ a tamed flyer, move around and look for a space.   I gave up The Island awhile ago, then decided I wanted to do overseer again, picked an old server, found a spot right by an obelisk within 20 minutes.  If i can find a spot in 20 minutes on one of the oldest servers on the official network, I think anyone can.

Archived