Armargasaurus - lost potential

khaidu

I was really looking forward to adding amargasaurus to my arsenal for boss fights, only to be disappointed that its effects don't work on the boss. I am beyond disappointed that yet another dino with potential to be something for use outside of pvp has been disregarded to continue the rex meta in boss fights. It would be great if this can be revisited to allow armarga utility in boss fights with its aoe ground effects, something that really adds diversity in boss fights (like ranged mages in wow boss fights, I thought the armarga was going to fit this missing niche) We really need more dinosaur diversity in boss fights.

Additionally, I was surprised to find that you cant set unridden amargas to focus on a particular spike element, it would be awesome to have the ability to set unridden amargas to focus on a particular spike element than rely on rng for utility. Could such a setting please be added to the armarga to increase unridden utility?

3 hours ago, khaidu said:

I was really looking forward to adding amargasaurus to my arsenal for boss fights, only to be disappointed that its effects don't work on the boss. I am beyond disappointed that yet another dino with potential to be something for use outside of pvp has been disregarded to continue the rex meta in boss fights. It would be great if this can be revisited to allow armarga utility in boss fights with its aoe ground effects, something that really adds diversity in boss fights (like ranged mages in wow boss fights, I thought the armarga was going to fit this missing niche) We really need more dinosaur diversity in boss fights.

Additionally, I was surprised to find that you cant set unridden amargas to focus on a particular spike element, it would be awesome to have the ability to set unridden amargas to focus on a particular spike element than rely on rng for utility. Could such a setting please be added to the armarga to increase unridden utility?

Have to admit, Im finding the amargasaurus to be a bit of a bummer myself.....not very tanky, the attack method is meh at best, and even then, it all depends on the rider itself. Not the tame. Heck, with even a new couple dino's to use, Im still curious as to why the thylacoleo is still not allowed int the arena. Granted, the bleed ability is a bit over the top, but even before hand, why no murder kitty's?

Guess rex is supposed to be king cept against the dragon.

• 2 weeks later...

First, I didn't know Thylas weren't allowed in the arena. How is one supposed to know that? Activate the boss fight just to realize you're getting solo tp'ed? :(

Second, DILO about the Amarga. I was contemplating using it for the monkey king but I heard how much of a nightmare it was to tame so I passed it off for now. But you're telling me you can't even use it for bosses? What the hell man should get some kind of reward for putting up with that insanely tedious taming method... Must be crazy good in PvP otherwise it's completely useless, just like it is in PvE now.

55 minutes ago, Zibnewski said:

First, I didn't know Thylas weren't allowed in the arena. How is one supposed to know that? Activate the boss fight just to realize you're getting solo tp'ed? :(

Second, DILO about the Amarga. I was contemplating using it for the monkey king but I heard how much of a nightmare it was to tame so I passed it off for now. But you're telling me you can't even use it for bosses? What the hell man should get some kind of reward for putting up with that insanely tedious taming method... Must be crazy good in PvP otherwise it's completely useless, just like it is in PvE now.

If I was somehow able to record every single time someone tried to use something they couldn't use in the boss arena's and show reactions, Id prolly be a youtube millionaire. But yeah, big RIP on the tree kittehs when it comes to boss fights.
And yeah, another PvP dino. Hooray. >.>

In all honesty, I think the PvE aspect has been given up on from wildcard. Its all about how people can slap each other around anymore.....Have you seen the next couple of "new" dino's for Fjordor? One literally has a gun on its back and the other is just a reinvented giga. v.v

20 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Agree that jumping death kittens get a bad rap. I'm so tired of Rexes, mainly because they're frickin huge and doing anything with more than 4 or 5 of them just becomes an instant clusterfook. Would be so nice to have a much smaller animal to breed and take into the boss fight.

Agreed. The deino can rip boss's to shreds, shadowmanes was practically invented to replace the thylo and can go into boss fights...Its a shame, I think I could mutate me some real good murder kittehs. Not sure how well it would work against the dragon, but monkey and spider should be do able.

• 2 weeks later...

When I watched a vid on the Amargasaurus, I didn't see any use for it in PvE/SP so haven't bothered with it. Good looking creature and probably more of a support tame like a Yuti but the lack of utilities for me at least makes it pointless. I would have thought it could at least provide a very large 'bubble' of heat&cold protection depending on the spike configuration you can set it in....or maybe a 'fear bubble' where smaller creatures wouldn't aggro on you in fear of this dino. Just something a bit extra utility wise

Archived