Balance some soaker Dinos

Yukinu

Suggestion

Hi all,

i would like to start the discussion about the soaker capability in PVP

Trike/Stego/Gasbags/Racer/Brontos/Schlongs/some others i have not named

Currently the Meta is to tank with Stegos, Racer and Schlongs. All other Tank Dinos are not in use because of the lower HP and/or less armor saddle.

For Example compare Bronto and Schlong:

Schlongs armor cap is 115 armor with capped HP and level in HP around 500-600k HP, could climb nearly everything up

Bronto armor cap for the platform saddle is 59,6 and with capped HP and level in HP around 300-370k HP

in addition racer with cap armor platform saddle (99,2) and capped HP and level have 230-260k HP.

the Stego is on the same level like Racer (124 armor saddle with 210-230k HP)

Currently the Bronto is the worst tank in ARK. 

I hope WC can rework the Brontos a little bit after the last nerf since patch 278.0

1 reply to this server topic

I do agree to this. Though A big part of it is that theres too many soakers that do the exact same thing. Rather, perhaps introduce soakers for something besides bullets? Like make the bronto a choke holder, capable of tanking the bite of gigas with incredible efficiency due to its thick skin perhaps? I wrote up a post some time ago regarding both it and the Titanosaurs, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the ideas regarding it, then maybe they can be applied to other lesser used soakers such as trikes thanks to the net meta.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/644210-bronto-and-titanosaur-love/

Archived