Where is the flattest place in ark?

TheNetherKing

15 minutes ago, TheNetherKing said:

I just tested these areas and none of them are large enough.  I wish terraforming in ark was a thing.

Depending on what sort of server you're playing on there are multiple possible solutions, including mods that turn off terrain collision and let you stack foundations.

The most common solution on Official servers is to use a combination of foundations, pillars & ceiling tiles to establish a large, flat area.

7 hours ago, TheNetherKing said:

I just tested these areas and none of them are large enough.  I wish terraforming in ark was a thing.

If you play solo you can allow clipping in the main menu settings. The same settings allow the use of creative mode so you can experiment buildin without the grind for mats.

I can recommend Captain Fatdog on YouTube, he has good (and short!) videos about building on uneven terrain.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheNetherKing said:

Thanks for the help, but for starters, cant be in water. i need as much space as physically possible for my zoo. 

On the island, its not completely flat, but it has a huge potential for big base, as flat as possbile. LAT 60 to 70, LON 14ish Its a peninsula. Also ocean for big fish, "river" for semiaquatic animals etc. Nice piece of land.

• 4 months later...

without knowing how much room you "want/need" no one's going to have a proper answer for you. if you're on single player the world is your oyster on any map just depends on how much work you're willing to put in. most of the area around the deinon trench at the chalk hills on valguero is essentially flat but that not being part of your list of free maps rules it out.

On 12/28/2021 at 11:51 PM, TheNetherKing said:

Anywhere on The Island, Lost island, The Center, Ragnarock, Or Crystal Isles. Coordinates please. 

You might try the sand dunes on SE......while they would be a pain to deal with as they are not absolutely flat, its easy enough to pillar then place a ceiling tile on top in order to get a perfectly flat area. Plus they are mostly barren to begin with if your online.

As for those particular maps, best one I would think of is on crystal isles on the beach's?

Archived