Console Crashing and Textures

ZombiejesusX

12 hours ago, ChadR said:

I’m playing vanilla Ark Survival PVE Single player. Wanted to comment on the crashes. I’ve had zero crashes on my PS5. Potato textures on all my tamed dinosaurs and constructed items. Started on the last patch. Was fine before that. Really would like to be able to see the dinosaurs in all their glory and hope they fix it soon. As buggy is this game is after how many years has it been since released? Makes me wonder what the Devs are thinking. The game is brilliant but they need to get their crapola together and make the base game work properly. Let’s put it this way I won’t be lining up to buy Ark 2 until it’s in the bargain bin and maybe then it’ll be at what the current state of this game is.

I have the distinct feeling there is a souring of the relationship and disconnect between Wildcard and Sony given they've refused to do a next gen upgrade after they struck the deal with Microsoft for Ark 2 exclusivity. All the evidence points to that and it's unlikely to be coincidental. One of the main reasons I bought PS5 as quickly as I could was to play ARK's final big DLC with the graphics I always saw & envied in content creators vid in Youtube alongside their promise to upgrade them to match PC. If anything they should have come out and say it wouldn't occur ,for whatever reason, rather than the cowardly approach of silence and stringing along their customers after making a promise. Anyways, customer satisfaction and keeping promises seems to be an issue industry wide in the last 5yrs or so

Edited by KingOfAshes

I'm still getting the Oregami textures issue on PS5 though not as much as before. Now mostly on specific creatures like the Magapithecus  and Magmasaur. The game still doesn't load textures as seamlessly as it did before overall. I'm not 100% sure but it feels like when certain creatures that have an issue loading textures create a bottleneck which then causes everything else near them not load/break as soon as you pan around.  

Edited by KingOfAshes
  • Thanks 1

I literally just made an account for this and I'm irked that I have to. My brother and I have been having multiple issues playing Single player split screen on Ps4. The graphical/mesh issues are annoying, but the VERY least of the problems we're having.

We're having issues where sometimes it doesn't act as though water exists, so when you go into water you don't float, you can only walk on the land and you're unaffected by the oxygen status. Basically you can do everything you would on land under water, but that's not even one of the worst issues because this is at least fixed by logging out and back in.

I guess it's a problem with split screen being in play, but we physically can't travel into the desert biome on lost island together. We built a mini base to hide my body on a beach that's next to some little islands that lead to the desert biome because when we try to go together the game continually blue screens, but when I log off and he goes on his own it allows him to go. It's aggravating to see him struggle out there and be unable to help.

To make make matters worse, when he logged out and back in to force save his progress on one of those little islands, the sinamacrops he was very attached to, who had been on his back before he logged out, has disappeared into thin air. We can't even see it with the owls heat seeking. It won't respond to whistles, it isn't dead in the tribe log, it's not on the mini island he logged off on, it's not in the air, it's not under the map or in the ocean. It's just gone. How the raptor does this happen? How do you push out the game with such game breaking issues? 

I just bought a DLC pack recently and I'm begining to regret it. If this poop show is what we have to look forward to, I won't be buying into anything else, Ark 2 included. 

I was getting that same problem with the water  like it's not there,I'm also thinking not to buy ark 2 because if wildcard can't get the basic game running, what will happen to a new game?the game could be one of the best games out there but when you can't fix your game you are losing fans and players who love the game and really want to see it be successful.team wildcard please fix the basic game or remove the game from consoles because most pc players don't get that much problems only the console,BIG FAN still just really want the game that I bought not a mess up one .

12 hours ago, Letycs said:

I literally just made an account for this and I'm irked that I have to. My brother and I have been having multiple issues playing Single player split screen on Ps4. The graphical/mesh issues are annoying, but the VERY least of the problems we're having.

We're having issues where sometimes it doesn't act as though water exists, so when you go into water you don't float, you can only walk on the land and you're unaffected by the oxygen status. Basically you can do everything you would on land under water, but that's not even one of the worst issues because this is at least fixed by logging out and back in.

I guess it's a problem with split screen being in play, but we physically can't travel into the desert biome on lost island together. We built a mini base to hide my body on a beach that's next to some little islands that lead to the desert biome because when we try to go together the game continually blue screens, but when I log off and he goes on his own it allows him to go. It's aggravating to see him struggle out there and be unable to help.

To make make matters worse, when he logged out and back in to force save his progress on one of those little islands, the sinamacrops he was very attached to, who had been on his back before he logged out, has disappeared into thin air. We can't even see it with the owls heat seeking. It won't respond to whistles, it isn't dead in the tribe log, it's not on the mini island he logged off on, it's not in the air, it's not under the map or in the ocean. It's just gone. How the raptor does this happen? How do you push out the game with such game breaking issues? 

I just bought a DLC pack recently and I'm begining to regret it. If this poop show is what we have to look forward to, I won't be buying into anything else, Ark 2 included. 

7 hours ago, Mj1991 said:

I was getting that same problem with the water  like it's not there,I'm also thinking not to buy ark 2 because if wildcard can't get the basic game running, what will happen to a new game?the game could be one of the best games out there but when you can't fix your game you are losing fans and players who love the game and really want to see it be successful.team wildcard please fix the basic game or remove the game from consoles because most pc players don't get that much problems only the console,BIG FAN still just really want the game that I bought not a mess up one .

Post image

21 hours ago, Mj1991 said:

Update: We lost three more dinos to a magic disappearing act and the game also crashes in split screen when you try to head towards the magma zone. This time, when we reloaded, he'd lost both his new sinamacrops, which he was still sore about the other one, and the owl he's had since we started the world. For some reason a tamed dino sitting at our base also disappeared. 

Why the hell should we continue playing if everything we've worked for gets ripped away? This shouldn't be happening at all, losing your tames to wild dinos or other players is one thing, having all your hard work that took hours of your time to complete and raise vanish into thin air for no reason is another. It takes way too much time to do crap like this for this to be happening and they don't seem the least bit interested in fixing it. Nah, let's worry about PS5 not having top notch graphics, not the fact that for some the game is almost entirely unplayable. These are some mighty fine priorities you've got Wildcard. 

I mean ffs there's not even a manual save system where you could revert to an old save or even a simple tame tracker for the umpteen people that have been complaining about losing their tames for YEARS now, something solo modders on PC can do for their community, but not a team like Wildcard?? I can't fathom Ark 2 will be any different and after this I absolutely refuse to give them any more of my money. This is ridiculous. 

13 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Post image

It might of been an addiction had everything we work for not suddenly vanish constantly. He doesn't even want to play this anymore and I don't blame him, why keep trying when everything disappears for no reason. That's a pretty big issue that seems to have persisted for years now based on what I could find while looking for answers to our own problem.. like why can't you just use a command to teleport missing tames to yourself? Among other simple fixes.. but nah, that'd make too much sense. 

On 1/22/2022 at 1:11 AM, Letycs said:

It might of been an addiction had everything we work for not suddenly vanish constantly. He doesn't even want to play this anymore and I don't blame him, why keep trying when everything disappears for no reason. That's a pretty big issue that seems to have persisted for years now based on what I could find while looking for answers to our own problem.. like why can't you just use a command to teleport missing tames to yourself? Among other simple fixes.. but nah, that'd make too much sense. 

I was trying to find a better meme than that, I just gave up half way and slapped that up.

Trust me, I agree. If it wasn't for the bugs and crap shoots on updates, Id absolutely rave that this is the best game I have ever played. 

Hell, of all the players to post on here, Im prolly the one who is most screwed over.....can't go online due to the hotspot bug, never been able to fully do an entire run through without needing to cheat for a legit problem from wildcard, heck the only map Iv ever been able to really complete is the island and scorched. Lost island was looking like number 3 but be danged if that didn't fail.

But with all the problems, I still seem to keep crawling back. The first new run with open possibilities and new strategies......its addicting.

On 1/23/2022 at 1:18 AM, MooseX said:

I would say latest patch fixed it 55%, i'ts still happening...

I still don't get how they manage to break the entire game, not just the new map and creatures. I was looking for a Night Owl in the snow biome and couldn't see any....until I realised I the reason I couldn't see them was, because all that was rendering in was a single grey&blue triangle, they just blended in with everything. What a joke....

On 1/25/2022 at 9:40 AM, KingOfAshes said:

I still don't get how they manage to break the entire game, not just the new map and creatures. I was looking for a Night Owl in the snow biome and couldn't see any....until I realised I the reason I couldn't see them was, because all that was rendering in was a single grey&blue triangle, they just blended in with everything. What a joke....

LOL yeah my brother and I call them Doritos. When they aren't rendered in it is REALLY hard to see them. 

I play on XBox One.  Lost Island has become unplayable. The textures are awful - lots of "origami" and "dorito chips" and the game freezes sometimes two or three times within a minute.  Some of those freezes even last a minute.  Very frustrating.  The worst is that it crashes to a black screen at least once every hour and so I have to "saveworld" all the time and now it has started crashing while I'm force saving.

It's a shame.  I love this game but it doesn't work anymore.

Is there a reason why it can't be fixed?

I understand that console players are not a priority with anyone.  Remember the great loss of ALL Xbox saves just last year when they updated without testing it?

I think we have to just say bye bye and boycott Ark2 unless they can guarantee service to console players.

On 1/31/2022 at 6:02 PM, Anlaaa said:

A site recommended that I uninstall and reinstall the game.  Does this wipe all my saves?  Do I have to (shudder) start all over again?  Does the uninstall and reinstall solve some of these problems?  Has anyone tried it?

You always get the option of deleting the save files separately. But I actually uninstalled& re-installed the game 2 times and made no difference at all on PS5, so I'd say it's a waste of time 

An Issue that I think might be involved could be the cave system, they are very extensive and it seems to lag... crash... bad textures... solid freeze or complete crash entering or leaving caves... all when remotely close to any of them above ground no matter how high or low... I removed all dinos from my server except my tames and same issue! possible hit box for the cave system out of place. I know it's really getting old fast for such a good map.

I don't know how they keep do it....I booted up Ark to check out the event(PS5), and the texture issue was worse with world objects in the distance not rendering in now and a crazy amount of micro-stutter as well as frequent ''screen freezing''. I logged off 5 mins later...unplayable. Thank god HZD2 is out soon

Edited by KingOfAshes

On 1/22/2022 at 10:06 PM, Letycs said:

Update: We lost three more dinos to a magic disappearing act and the game also crashes in split screen when you try to head towards the magma zone. This time, when we reloaded, he'd lost both his new sinamacrops, which he was still sore about the other one, and the owl he's had since we started the world. For some reason a tamed dino sitting at our base also disappeared. 

Why the hell should we continue playing if everything we've worked for gets ripped away? This shouldn't be happening at all, losing your tames to wild dinos or other players is one thing, having all your hard work that took hours of your time to complete and raise vanish into thin air for no reason is another. It takes way too much time to do crap like this for this to be happening and they don't seem the least bit interested in fixing it. Nah, let's worry about PS5 not having top notch graphics, not the fact that for some the game is almost entirely unplayable. These are some mighty fine priorities you've got Wildcard. 

I mean ffs there's not even a manual save system where you could revert to an old save or even a simple tame tracker for the umpteen people that have been complaining about losing their tames for YEARS now, something solo modders on PC can do for their community, but not a team like Wildcard?? I can't fathom Ark 2 will be any different and after this I absolutely refuse to give them any more of my money. This is ridiculous. 

I wonder if this could be a snow owl problem. When Gen 2 released I got a couple. Then when I logged in poof. Gone. They fidn't starve, weren't killed, just vanished. This is official PVE. Just tamed some snow owls on LI and now I'm wary. Oh on PS4

Edited by PrinnyAntta

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

And a few patches later... More crashing than ever before on a PS5, even more than on a PS4...
With most dino's podded and less than 10 people on the server more freezes, rubberbanding and slower texture loading than ever...

With a new map almost being launched, will it ever get slightly better?
The lack of response or even acknowledgement of bug reports does not give any reason for hope!