Console Crashing and Textures

ZombiejesusX

Can't see my long or lat grid with this crap...

sc.jpg

I'm quitting Ark until this gets sort it out. I gave admin to my server to my other buddy because for me, whats the point of playing when you have graphics like that? It's too fustrating... Hell Minecraft looks better (altough I don't play it because of crappy graphics as well)

Thanks WildCarld for waisting my money on a Nitrado server for Lost Island...

Edited by MooseX

4 hours ago, ChadR said:

Exact same issue on my PS5. Was working great on 2.71. Immediately after updating to 2.72 have the same lack of details issues. Maybe Wildcard can roll back PS5 to 2.71.

Ditto on sp nds on ps5.  Ever since the patch the graphics have barely reached the final rendering on dinos and all cabinets looks like the cartoon skin.  Moosex’s pics accurately show what I see the majority of my game time.  After the 3 or so minutes it takes for the render to complete, it reverts as soon as you look away from the dinos.  Anyone find any settings tweaks that could at least keep it playable until it’s fixed?  

Guys I feel your pain, those of us that was lucky enough to get our hands on a ps5, it was because we want better graphics and performances. Expected by next gen, right? WildCard please fix ASAP. Not even sure how you got certified for that last patch, however Sony employees that gave the green light should get fired for letting this slide and WildCard, shame on you for not testing adequatly. 

Thanks

Welp, Iv finally gotten a taste of what the PlayStation people have been griping about. Seems when the event ended, it took away the fantastic gameplay I have been haveing on my solo run and gave me what Im guessing was supposed to be the same on both consoles, but wasn't.

BEHOLD MY NEW ARMY, THE POTATO-SORTA-EX!
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wizardo3/video/149971174

Also I am literally falling through the ground in certain area's. Scared to actually do anything in fear of losing my chibi or tames now......the floor is indeed quicksand. =/
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wizardo3/video/149971378

Edited by wizard03

38 minutes ago, MooseX said:

Guys I feel your pain, those of us that was lucky enough to get our hands on a ps5, it was because we want better graphics and performances. Expected by next gen, right? WildCard please fix ASAP. Not even sure how you got certified for that last patch, however Sony employees that gave the green light should get fired for letting this slide and WildCard, shame on you for not testing adequatly. 

Thanks

Umm, xbox one x, with the high performance SSD.......After the Christmas event, I too am experiencing origami rex's and holes in the ground now. x.x

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Console Crashing and Textures
  • Joebl0w13 locked, locked and unlocked this topic
On 12/28/2021 at 10:45 PM, ZombiejesusX said:

(PS4 single player)

Super frustrating because, like today... just now. I had finished taming a high level rex and on the way back the game crashed. The save it chose was before I even left my base, loosing quite a bit of time. Please look into this.

Just here to say, as a fellow PS4/5 single player, I feel this so hard. I feel like I've lost days of playtime to saves that don't work, evening when "saving" clearly blinks in the corner! 

Do you use the saveworld admin command?I am now in the habit of doing this every 30 min or so (every 5-10 when grinding mats or gathering). I always saveworld after a good tame or breeding mutation - nothing worse than losing the awesome spawn you spent hours searching for, to poor coding.

Edited by BronzeMistral

On 1/7/2022 at 7:11 PM, MooseX said:

Xbox one X as well? Wow, where is Santiago when we need him ;)

I unno but its actually preatty bad. I quit playing after I fell through the cave floor my base is currently in. I was running around and checking the feeding trough's and working on the garden and then I got stuck...I tried to jump, tried to do this or that, and the entire time everything was playdoh.....book cases, argies, finally about the time I was going to admin command ghost mode, I just fell through everything.

Since I was allready to that point in time, I was able to catch myself before I died, but yeah. Im not going to be playing till the next patch hits. This all started when the christmas event ended.

God this site is ridiculous to navigate on a phone. Anyhoo I really hope that they're working on this. Maybe.... I don't know call me crazy, but maybe putting almost every dino in the game on 1 map was a bad idea. Just a thought. A third of them could go. You can jump to other maps if you want anyway.

Lets just hope it does not take 1 month to release a fix for this. Can't play on my Nitrado server because of it...Well "Can't" might  be a big word. Altrough why would I? If I wantted Origamy dino's and texture, I would have purchased such a game ;) As well, who knows how much , if any, damages this bug is doing to my CPU on my PS5? Not willing to take the risk, thats for sure... Over taxing my GPU/CPU because of this "preventable" patch, what can I say besides ranting and shouting on how this could be?.... I'm even trying to reserve myself in this post on how much furstration this gives me... Anyhow good luck with Ark2...

Edited by MooseX

Won’t hurt your PS5 a bit. Nothing software wise is going to damage it. I’m not having any crashes though. Must be something just related to PS4 for the crashing. Completely obvious that this wasn’t tested at all.  If you had one play tester install this on a PS5 and start it they would’ve seen the potato textures.  Like a whole 10 minutes worth of testing would’ve told you not to release this. Trying to be nice, the game is pretty awesome once you get it dialed in and adjusted.

It’s not just PS4 crashing. I’m on Ps5, and it does the same after about a half hour if I go exploring. If I stay in my base and don’t lose render, it won’t crash (still looks like trash). But if I start to travel, I got no chance. 

And now, reports are popping up of it happening on Xbox and Pc too. Hopefully they can fix it soon! Right now, the game is unplayable. 

The irony for me is I installed Ark again this week (uninstalled in July) to see the new map and creatures and if they had updated the graphics in PS5. Truly next Gen experience right there, I couldn't even see the new creatures cause it won't load the textures&polygons. It makes Cyberpunk PS4 release version look great by comparison. I mean at this point, I feel PS customers are getting trolled by Wildcard. How could they possibly be having such problems with an engine they've been working on for so many years now? Can you imagine what the results will be like with a new engine they have no experience in for ARK2? 

Edited by KingOfAshes

Coming into the second week since that patch broke all the textures/rendering. Has there actually been any official response from WC about this yet? Has Cedric even accepted there is an issue? 

Baffles me we are in this situation. One thing that they may be struggling with is getting it through Sony approval as I believe that is 1 hold up each time they want to release a client patch.

I’m playing vanilla Ark Survival PVE Single player. Wanted to comment on the crashes. I’ve had zero crashes on my PS5. Potato textures on all my tamed dinosaurs and constructed items. Started on the last patch. Was fine before that. Really would like to be able to see the dinosaurs in all their glory and hope they fix it soon. As buggy is this game is after how many years has it been since released? Makes me wonder what the Devs are thinking. The game is brilliant but they need to get their crapola together and make the base game work properly. Let’s put it this way I won’t be lining up to buy Ark 2 until it’s in the bargain bin and maybe then it’ll be at what the current state of this game is.

I'm on PS4, my textures are on and off, sometimes animals look like origami sometimes their fine, my problem atm is my maps, all of them. They're textures suck and I keep falling into parts of every map. I was trying to run from an alpha went to run up a hill but ran into the hill got trapped inside the hill and eaten. I really hope they path it soon I love ark but it's starting to become a pain.