Ocean Life

Niil

I'm on a dedicated server and initially we had spots where swimming over certain areas caused pretty extreme lag due to just massive clusters of sea life under the surface. We were pretty green when that happened since we start every map at 1. Since then I picked up a max mosa and went looking to tame an angler for silica pearl farming and I've noticed some things are different. There are no longer massive clusters of sea creatures all in one spot, but I also can't find any anglers anywhere. I've looked up youtube vids with people showing the spawns, tried numerous locations, swam around the map for hours. There are just huge swaths of the ocean that are devoid of anything. Many deep ravines in the ocean just have nothing at all in them and these are places I'd expect dunks and anglers to be common. I've seen no dunks, no anglers, no euclids, probably others. I have found deep sea crates and most other life that's more common typically towards the surface. We haven't changed any server settings. I have a friend that ventured into the oceans earlier than I did (back when there were mass spawns) and he did find anglers so I know at one point they were there. I presume something changed but I couldn't find any patch notes specific to Lost Island that detailed spawn changes. Has anyone had any recent luck finding/taming anglers? Are the mass spawns gone for everyone else?

19 hours ago, Niil said:

I'm on a dedicated server and initially we had spots where swimming over certain areas caused pretty extreme lag due to just massive clusters of sea life under the surface. We were pretty green when that happened since we start every map at 1. Since then I picked up a max mosa and went looking to tame an angler for silica pearl farming and I've noticed some things are different. There are no longer massive clusters of sea creatures all in one spot, but I also can't find any anglers anywhere. I've looked up youtube vids with people showing the spawns, tried numerous locations, swam around the map for hours. There are just huge swaths of the ocean that are devoid of anything. Many deep ravines in the ocean just have nothing at all in them and these are places I'd expect dunks and anglers to be common. I've seen no dunks, no anglers, no euclids, probably others. I have found deep sea crates and most other life that's more common typically towards the surface. We haven't changed any server settings. I have a friend that ventured into the oceans earlier than I did (back when there were mass spawns) and he did find anglers so I know at one point they were there. I presume something changed but I couldn't find any patch notes specific to Lost Island that detailed spawn changes. Has anyone had any recent luck finding/taming anglers? Are the mass spawns gone for everyone else?

there was supposedly a change up on the over population at spawn points, however it sounds to me like the server administrator needs to do a dino wipe. Happens a lot to us in SP mode.

I presumed that was the case. Our server has super structures so I decided to test. I spawned in an SS Transmitter and performed a Dino Scan. No dunks, eurypterid, anglers, or ammonite. Not sure if all of them are supposed to be on Lost Island or if there are other creatures that aren't spawning that should. I performed a dino wipe. Waited for complete respawn. Ran it again. None of those creatures spawned. I performed a dino wipe 2 additional times. Each time waiting until complete respawn and then checking. None of them spawned at any point. I left existing spawns after that third wipe and played for a while, including running the ocean and killing things hoping that maybe after some clears that maybe they would spawn in. Nothing. While we have adjusted some settings we haven't changed anything related to creature spawns and none of the mods we use impact creature spawning in any way. I'm guessing this is an unintended result of the changes made to spawns on the map to fix the massive clusters of spawns occurring.

On 12/30/2021 at 4:24 AM, Niil said:

I presumed that was the case. Our server has super structures so I decided to test. I spawned in an SS Transmitter and performed a Dino Scan. No dunks, eurypterid, anglers, or ammonite. Not sure if all of them are supposed to be on Lost Island or if there are other creatures that aren't spawning that should. I performed a dino wipe. Waited for complete respawn. Ran it again. None of those creatures spawned. I performed a dino wipe 2 additional times. Each time waiting until complete respawn and then checking. None of them spawned at any point. I left existing spawns after that third wipe and played for a while, including running the ocean and killing things hoping that maybe after some clears that maybe they would spawn in. Nothing. While we have adjusted some settings we haven't changed anything related to creature spawns and none of the mods we use impact creature spawning in any way. I'm guessing this is an unintended result of the changes made to spawns on the map to fix the massive clusters of spawns occurring.

Yeah. Its the same issue on my server except we aren't using any mods. After the update to "fix overspawn issues" there have been zero anglers, eels, parakeet fish schools, eurypterids, ammonites, or DUNKLEOS. And I really want a Dunkleo lol.  Have tried over 10 dino wipes and waiting for respawns over the past few days and there's nothing. It seems as if the fix for overspawns in the ocean was to remove these creatures entirely. I hope it wasn't intentional.  Hopefully there's a fix for it soon. 

2 hours ago, BlazeEvolution said:

Yeah. Its the same issue on my server except we aren't using any mods. After the update to "fix overspawn issues" there have been zero anglers, eels, parakeet fish schools, eurypterids, ammonites, or DUNKLEOS. And I really want a Dunkleo lol.  Have tried over 10 dino wipes and waiting for respawns over the past few days and there's nothing. It seems as if the fix for overspawns in the ocean was to remove these creatures entirely. I hope it wasn't intentional.  Hopefully there's a fix for it soon. 

Thanks for the confirmation. Yep, no eels or parakeet fish schools either for me. Guess we just have to wait for them to patch the map.

I run a dedicated server and can confirm that the spawns are completely broken.  On my server, the following are not spawning:
Ammonite, Anglerfish, Dunkleosteus, Electrophorus, Eurypterid, Insect Swarm, Purlovia, Quetzals, Tek Quetzals, Spinos, or Tusoteuthis.  I even tried adding entries to the spawn container to see if anything would spawn doing that, but it seems that DinoSpawnEntries_OceanCaveHard_C and DinoSpawnEntries_OceanCaveMedium_C are not working, along with the individual spawn containers for Quetzals, Tsuso's, etc.

That's interesting. I definitely see quetzals, tek quetzals, spinos, and tuso's. I've tamed all but the tek quetz and I saw one. Not sure on the insect swarms. I know we did have them, but they haven't been seen since anglers disappeared and were not showing on dino scans for me. Same with purlovia. I've seen more than a few tuso's, tamed one, but I will say every time I went looking there were more alpha tuso's than regular ones. And when I was testing to see what would spawn both of them showed up regularly for me. Such an odd issue.

• Wildcard QA

We temporarily disabled some ocean spawners over the holiday for a risk-free emergency patch to fix the overspawning of them. This should be fixed in the next update we do, which should fix the overspawns for reals. If you guys notice anything fishy (excuse the pun) whenever the next update goes live, please tag me in here and I will investigate.

@Evza
Xbox one x with external SSD , single player mode. Just had an incident at the shipwreck with the artifact of the devour in it. I seen a mosa either stuck or just not doing anything and I decided to chomp it with my megladon. Well, the frame rate went to .4 FPS.....Yes, less than a single frame per secound.

I even turned on the FPS counter. 

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wizardo3/video/149849431

@Evza I'm on Unofficial.  Not sure what's going on then.  I have it so Ichthyornis's, Pegomastax, and Vultures don't spawn, and added spawns for Velonasaurs and Gasbags, and those are all working, I tried taking all of those configs out and still nothing.  My DinoCountMulitplier is set to .9 so maybe if I bump that up to default that will make more room for things to spawn.  

@Evza  Changing my Dinocountmultiplier fixed everything.  Spawning must work differently on this map.  I have had that set to .8 or .9 on every server I've made and never had a problem.  It's just supposed to lower the total count of dinos on the entire map, but it just cut off the spawns for quetzals, spinos, and tusos.  

That being said.  The water spawns still need work.  I'm still running into areas where there are just 100's of water animals in one area, then only megas and ichtys for a while.  Also, I went to find some angler fish around 58, 8 and couldn't find any even though the s+ transmitter said they were there.  Then all of a sudden a bunch started swimming up through the bottom of the map.  There are still many under the map that aren't close enough to grab aggro though.

Hi I'm running an unofficial Xbox/win10 server and have not touched my spawn rates in about a year. And our center map and now lost island map are almost devoid of ocean life I found 1 mosa on center in the entire ocean and no tuso to be found. The spawn rate is 0.8 for center and 2.3 for lost. I even thought of manually applying them to the deep ocean spawn area and the ocean spawn area in hopes of forcing them in, I was happy to cause an over spawn just to see if they would spawn at all. Are you sure since your last 2 patches the spawn rate for ocean creatures are correct?

• Wildcard QA

@ilriveril I was able to reproduce the issue of dinocountmultiplier effecting dino spawns unintentionally, thanks for your report.

18 hours ago, VegaObscura691 said:

Hi I'm running an unofficial Xbox/win10 server and have not touched my spawn rates in about a year. And our center map and now lost island map are almost devoid of ocean life I found 1 mosa on center in the entire ocean and no tuso to be found. The spawn rate is 0.8 for center and 2.3 for lost. I even thought of manually applying them to the deep ocean spawn area and the ocean spawn area in hopes of forcing them in, I was happy to cause an over spawn just to see if they would spawn at all. Are you sure since your last 2 patches the spawn rate for ocean creatures are correct?

@VegaObscura691 I believe xbox/win10/PS still do not have the fix for ocean spawners, only the temporary hotfix we made just before the holidays to stop them spawning to prevent the overspawn and perf issues that caused. Hopefully that gets pushed to console soon 🤞

On 1/22/2022 at 5:12 AM, EndlessDuck said:

Lost Islands ocean is as empty as my social life. No deep water spawns at all, and 1 shark per 10 square kilometers on the shallows

Honestly...I prefer it this way compared to the other maps where you can't set foot in the water for 2 seconds without a dozen sharks and eels/Cindaria converging on you. My problem atm is the Lava cave doesn't spawn any creature at all no matter how many dino wipes I did in SP.

Archived